Jurassic World

The below images were posted on groovebricks. It shows the new "D-Rex" dinosaur created by the park’s geneticists. It goes along with the rumored red eyes and light skin

Jurassic-World-D-Rex-Lego.jpg
Jurassic-World-D-Rex-Lego-2.jpg

Source: http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-jurassic-world-2015-leaked-dinosaurs-images/

At the link also has a T-Rex and the raptors as well

Interesting, if it's supposed to be a derivative of a T-Res then why does it have 3 fingers on its hands? All tyranosuars have only 2 fingers on their, that's part of what makes a tryanosaur a tyranosaur. I hope they explain in the movie that even though it's called a D. Rex it's not actually created using any tyranosaur DNA to explain the 3 fingers although it does have a particularly tryanosaurid looking head.

If they're advanced enough in their cloning technology to engineer a dinosaur, they can add as many fingers or toes or even genitalia as they like, it's not that much of a leap.

If they're advanced enough in their cloning technology to engineer a dinosaur, they can add as many fingers or toes or even genitalia as they like, it's not that much of a leap.

True I suppose, but why bother? If you're going to do something like say, create your own evolutionary successor to the T-Rex why wouldn't you stick the original basic template that all tyrannosaurs share, just make it bigger and maybe tweak a few small things to try and make it look scarier but why add a finger? Actually, looking more closely at the images they didn't just add a finger, they also added a thumb and greatly lengthened the arms to boot. I wonder if it's supposed to be some of sort of dromaeosaurid/tryannosaurid hybrid, something the size of a tyrannosaur but with the agility and speed of a dromaeosaur, omit the sickle toe but give it longer arms and more fingers.

True I suppose, but why bother? If you're going to do something like say, create your own evolutionary successor to the T-Rex why wouldn't you stick the original basic template that all tyrannosaurs share, just make it bigger and maybe tweak a few small things to try and make it look scarier but why add a finger?

So it can be distinguished from the Tyrannosaur should another incident like the first happen?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back