First Prop Project - Flux Capacitor!

xdjbx87

I just checked my tracking number for a Stahlin Enclosure I purchased on eBay and noticed that it's currently "OUT FOR DELIVERY!"

I'm beyond excited to start my first project and to be able to finally post one here. Anyone else have any good or bad luck with making a replica Flux Capacitor?

That's pretty cool. What model box did you go with?

I just finished my first build, a dollar store Arc Reactor. It turned out way better than I imagined. I am trying to do my garage in replica props and considered the Flux Capacitor for my next one. Any ideas on total costs you are looking at?

That's pretty cool. What model box did you go with?

I just finished my first build, a dollar store Arc Reactor. It turned out way better than I imagined. I am trying to do my garage in replica props and considered the Flux Capacitor for my next one. Any ideas on total costs you are looking at?

I picked up the Stahlin J1210HPL.

The cost from the plans i'm looking at are pretty high considering the enclosure alone is $160+ but I found one on eBay for about $50.
By the time I'm done, it will probably be around $150-200.

I just checked my tracking number for a Stahlin Enclosure I purchased on eBay and noticed that it's currently "OUT FOR DELIVERY!"

I'm beyond excited to start my first project and to be able to finally post one here. Anyone else have any good or bad luck with making a replica Flux Capacitor?

Stand on toilet and bump head on sink....JK

I'm excited to see this done!

I was at work today making plastic pieces and I got to the end of a few bars and I noticed my scraps looked a little like the solenoids inside of the Flux. So I brought them home and hope to soon cut them down and drill a few holes and paint one and hopefully I found the perfect piece!

I plan on making a cast of one of them if they do work out how I hope if anyone is ever interested!

IMG_4062.JPGIMG_4065.JPG

I think i'm going to make an attempt at making them myself with different tubing.

I think I've found some glass eyedroppers that will do the job for mine. From the local Kroger store for 99 cents currently. One straight and one bent point, they are 3" long and about 1/4" dia. Got three packages of them, since the bent one is of no use for these purposes. They may not have the really 'rounded' end as shown in close-up stills, but the taper works just fine for me.

Good luck with yours, I'd love to see the steps you take, and what you learn from each. I'm also working on a Hoverboard and Marty's 1985 outfit. Not too ambitious, am I? ;)

Your Friend in Time,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

Here's just a couple of quick-and-dirty versions I came up with for some parties this Halloween. Enjoy!
--ElectroDFW--
aka The Other David

Attachments

• My_Flux.jpg
    My_Flux.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 164
  • My_Frisbie.jpg
    My_Frisbie.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 112
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back