The Mandalorian (TV series)

Re: Jon Favreau's streaming 'Star Wars' series is 'The Mandalorian'

I was right with ya at "Mandalorian" and stopped after I read "after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order," I don't know why they are dead set on only doing post ROTJ stuff. I think a lot of people who don't like the Sequels don't want anything to do with that period now. Plus they really killed the Mandalorians when Lucas made them pacifists in The Clone Wars. They should have followed what Karen Traviss came up with in the Republic Commando novels, which is closer (if I remember correctly) to the Marvel comic Mandalorians.

I would be overjoyed if they just used her stuff for the Mando culture and language. Also, I'll laugh myself sick at the schadenfreude that occurs if the main character is a minority, a woman, or both. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I was right with ya at "Mandalorian" and stopped after I read "after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order," I don't know why they are dead set on only doing post ROTJ stuff.

...Because with the EU wiped into Legends, and 25 years of almost no data on what happened between ROTJ and TFA, it's an important gap to fill in to understand why things are the way they are by the time we get to the Sequels...?

...And... because they're not doing "only post ROTJ stuff"...? They just finished four years of Rebels. Solo just came out on home-video a week ago. They're going to be finishing off Clone Wars. There are books and comics coming out set all over the PT and OT period.

I think a lot of people who don't like the Sequels don't want anything to do with that period now. Plus they really killed the Mandalorians when Lucas made them pacifists in The Clone Wars. They should have followed what Karen Traviss came up with in the Republic Commando novels, which is closer (if I remember correctly) to the Marvel comic Mandalorians.

You watched Rebels? Past the first season, anyway? Filoni has already done a lot to bring them back from that. I sometimes wonder if he deliberately made Concordia like the Mandalore of the old Marvel Comics and Karen's books (I highly recommend at least her and Aaron Allston's installments in the Legacy of the Force series -- she adds a lot more Mando stuff there). It's no moon (ha). If it has the same gravity and atmospheric density as Mandalore, they're co-orbiting trojan planets.

But for me, I dearly look forward to anything that fills in more of this big sparse era we currently have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jon Favreau Star Wars TV series..

I'm hoping this is about Sabine.

I'm not expecting this to be about Sabine.
That was my first thought as well -- Sabine out looking for Ezra. From the coda of Rebels:

I used to think that Ezra was counting on me to protect Lothal, the planet and the people he cared for so much. But one day, I realized there was more to it. There was something else I was meant to do. Ezra's out there somewhere, and it's time to bring him home.

And she went off with Ahsoka to do just that.

Re: Live Action Star Wars Series

ddcd65e7b5f8b9b897d868f07b2e103d.jpg

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Live Action Star Wars Series

I wonder if it’s a chick in that armor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be overjoyed if they just used her stuff for the Mando culture and language. Also, I'll laugh myself sick at the schadenfreude that occurs if the main character is a minority, a woman, or both. :lol

Come on, nobody would have cared if the main character was female and/or minority, the only reason people complain is because of the tendency of studios to recast already established characters for the sake of forced diversity.

I would have loved if this series featured Sabine Wren, the problem with Lucas Film is they are not giving us the female leads everybody is dying to see "Mara Jade"

Still i love the way the armor looks and really hope we get some Star Wars Rebels crossovers.

Come on, nobody would have cared if the main character was female and/or minority, the only reason people complain is because of the tendency of studios to recast already established characters for the sake of forced diversity.

I would have loved if this series featured Sabine Wren, the problem with Lucas Film is they are not giving us the female leads everybody is dying to see "Mara Jade"

Still i love the way the armor looks and really hope we get some Star Wars Rebels crossovers.

The historical record disagrees with you, sir. There was a whole lot of angst on the interwebs when they had a black stormtrooper. Also, see everything revolving around Rose Tico.

I would've loved to see this be about Sabine, but I'm also all for new characters with no connection to Jedi or Skywalkers as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back