Time for another "Lets ID that film!"

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, it's been a while since we had one of these. Who needs help remembering the name of a movie or TV show from ages ago?

I'll go first:
There's a b-movie... kind of a raiders ripoff I think, probably early-mid 80s. A party of adventurers/archaeologists discover a weird civilization underground composed of women that kill and enslave all men they encounter.. something about their culture being based off the black widow spider. I remember something about it being in the middle of a desert... that's about it. (I was about 15 when I saw it.) I've looked at the usual suspects... Roger Corman and c-grade copycats but can't figure out which film it is.

Any ideas?

The Perils of Gwendoline has the tribe of woman warriors, and King Solomon’s Mines actually has a giant underground spider.

Here's another one, that was asked on another forum a month ago and is still unresolved.
I also remembered parts of the film but I could not remember what it was called or who was in it:

A boy in high-school (?) has a TV transmitter which he uses to override the TV reception of people he wants to influence somehow ...
He dresses up as a space alien from outer space and gives them instructions which his victims follow. The outfit includes a vacuum cleaner hose.
At the end of the movie, the message overrides a live broadcast shown in class. To be able to sit in class while it plays, he uses a radio to control his VCR and transmitter at home. At the end of the recorded message, he takes off his gear and reveals himself (in the video).

The Perils of Gwendoline has the tribe of woman warriors, and King Solomon’s Mines actually has a giant underground spider.

Are we talking about the old Richard Chamberlain/Sharon Stone film? Loved that one... reminds me that I haven't seen it in ages! But Gwendoline... yeah I think that might've been it! Thanks! That's just another reason the RPF rules. But oh, man... I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I'm almost wishing I had forgotten it haha.

I seem to recall a made for TV movie wear a family moves into a house where there is a teenage boy living inside the walls watching them. Creepy but not horror. I want to say early to mid 70's.

According to imdb that movie was from 1989 and Funky thought
the movie was from the early to mid 1970's and that is when Bad Ronald was from. We could both be wrong and Funky talking about another movie.

Pretty sure you hit it with the Bad Ronald .

I'd say its definitely "Bad Ronald". He accidentally kills neighbor girl and his mom hides him in hidden room, then a new family moves in.

This is still one movie I can stump nearly everyone with when trying to name movies no one else has seen

bad ronald.jpg

Genuine question and been looking for the answer for ages without luck.
as a kid in the mid-90s I saw a kid-fantasy movie, probably direct to video. The usual story, boy gets sucked into a magic kingdom, an evil queen rules, she has a crystal-eyed cobra as an advisor or whatnot, the kid has a dog named Leo (after the ninja turtle), meets up with a lumberjack guy and a talking-boxing kangaroo and I remember a scene on a raft where they catch “razorfish”, a big fish that literally has a razorblade for a dorsal fin.
That’s pretty much all I can remember and can’t seem to find the title.

Re: Time for another "Lets ID that film!"

Here's another one, that was asked on another forum a month ago and is still unresolved.
I also remembered parts of the film but I could not remember what it was called or who was in it:

A boy in high-school (?) has a TV transmitter which he uses to override the TV reception of people he wants to influence somehow ...
He dresses up as a space alien from outer space and gives them instructions which his victims follow. The outfit includes a vacuum cleaner hose.
At the end of the movie, the message overrides a live broadcast shown in class. To be able to sit in class while it plays, he uses a radio to control his VCR and transmitter at home. At the end of the recorded message, he takes off his gear and reveals himself (in the video).

I think that's Revenge of the Nerd.

NOT Revenge of the Nerds the famous teen comedy movie that in retrospect is super-rapey... but Revenge of the NERD (singular). I recall it pretty well as I had the novelization. I think the nerd's name was Bertram? It's really hard to find info on cause google immediately jumps to Revenge of the NerdS.

- - - Updated - - -

as a kid in the mid-90s I saw a kid-fantasy movie, probably direct to video. The usual story, boy gets sucked into a magic kingdom, an evil queen rules, she has a crystal-eyed cobra as an advisor or whatnot, the kid has a dog named Leo (after the ninja turtle), meets up with a lumberjack guy and a talking-boxing kangaroo and I remember a scene on a raft where they catch “razorfish”, a big fish that literally has a razorblade for a dorsal fin.

I don't know this one, but it's amazing how many movies with the same set up I can think of!

Re: Time for another "Lets ID that film!"

I don't know this one, but it's amazing how many movies with the same set up I can think of!
I know, it’s ridiculous. Probably why I can’t find the bloody title, cuz it’s a movie that’s 674th in the row of same movies.

I have one! I saw this movie on VHS video in the mid to late 80's. The movie opens in modern times with an old man getting run over by a car as he crosses the street. Then the movie goes back to the Victorian era or thereabouts. The old guy is a scientist or photographer who discovers that as a person dies some sort of creature leaves the body. The guy has the theory that if his creature can be captured, the person will be immortal. He successfully experiments on himself. He reveals this finding to his son and daughter in law. They plan to become immortal also. The daughter in law goes first and the experiment fails resulting in her death. The son commits suicide out of grief for his lost love. This leaves the old man alone in immortality. The movie cuts back to modern times as a crowd of on lookers gather around the accident scene. The apparent "dead" man gets up and walks away.

I loved this movie when I was a kid. I can't remember the name of it. I would like to see it again if any of you guys can help. Thanks!

I have one! I saw this movie on VHS video in the mid to late 80's. The movie opens in modern times with an old man getting run over by a car as he crosses the street. Then the movie goes back to the Victorian era or thereabouts. The old guy is a scientist or photographer who discovers that as a person dies some sort of creature leaves the body. The guy has the theory that if his creature can be captured, the person will be immortal. He successfully experiments on himself. He reveals this finding to his son and daughter in law. They plan to become immortal also. The daughter in law goes first and the experiment fails resulting in her death. The son commits suicide out of grief for his lost love. This leaves the old man alone in immortality. The movie cuts back to modern times as a crowd of on lookers gather around the accident scene. The apparent "dead" man gets up and walks away.

I loved this movie when I was a kid. I can't remember the name of it. I would like to see it again if any of you guys can help. Thanks!

The Asphyx?
Haven't seen it but sounded like an interesting concept so googled some key bits.

Some googling turned up Storybook. Never saw it though.

Yup! That's it!
You guys need to be working with Scotland Yard!
Dude if the government would let us, we would know where Hoffa is, know if there was a second gunman (there was) and possibly anything else in the world. Hell I bet it wouldn take 2 posts total to I.D. a move that was on after 10:30 on Cinemax on a Saturday night.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back