Completed! Wheems project -batteries not included

Wow, that's looks really good! Thinking about my next 3d model project recently and I did think about the batteries not included robots, took a nostalgic trip on Google and did think that the model you chose was the cutest. But after seeing this I don't think I want to try and compete! I may try one of the others instead :).

Look forward to seeing more of this

Wow, that's looks really good! Thinking about my next 3d model project recently and I did think about the batteries not included robots, took a nostalgic trip on Google and did think that the model you chose was the cutest. But after seeing this I don't think I want to try and compete! I may try one of the others instead :).

Look forward to seeing more of this

Thanks for the compliment. It would be great to see someone else's approach towards modeling this guy. I would love to see the other ones too. I look forward to seeing what you decide on. Maybe after I finish Wheems I'll start work on another one...

BEAUTIFUL! Would love to see how it turns out! :thumbsup

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with great memories of this movie. I think I got the same kits as you guys. They are pretty rough. I decided to print my first test piece. I'm pretty happy with the way it cam out. With that being said there is still a ton of detail work to do before IO move onto the underside and feet. Until then here are some pictures. feel free to comment and critique.
View attachment 363645
View attachment 363644
View attachment 363642
View attachment 363641
View attachment 363643

Jas, your work looks great. I would love to see more photos and hear about any progress.

I've been looking for a Wheems for my wife's birthday. I just found out that Chaucer44/Golden Armor is not recommended by many on RPF. I could tell in the video that his kits were not awesome (and I'm not much of a modeller!), which is too bad.
Does anyone know where other kits/models can be found? PM me if you have another account of Golden Armor; I trust the RPF.

Hey all .. glad to have found this thread, like Winters above I firstly found Golden Armour when I was searching for the baby fix its but as I began to search further found that it wasn't the way to go .. then revisiting the site and watching the videos realised how bad they looked .. has there been any further progress with this little guy ?

I'd definitely be interested 100 % !

Cheers : )

Yeah it's odd GoldenArmor says they are from ILM models, as the surface detail doesnt really match any shots Ive seen or the real models. Though the hinge under the mouth on his matches that pre-production model that was for auction. I'm sure there were multiple sculpts/models with varying details. Almost every Wheems model I've seen that appears to be from production is drastically different from one another.

Last edited:
I realise this is a long since dead thread.. Like three years dead :/
But please say you have still progressed this, as what you posted looks amazing!
One of my all time favourite movies from my childhood, today I found out my wife had never watched it! And now she loves it!
Can't believe they never cashed in on the movie by making better quality kits

DeVereor et al - I have yet to find a suitable and legitimate kit. But I have not looked in about a year. I am still keen to find one.

I realise this is a long since dead thread.. Like three years dead :/
But please say you have still progressed this, as what you posted looks amazing!
One of my all time favourite movies from my childhood, today I found out my wife had never watched it! And now she loves it!
Can't believe they never cashed in on the movie by making better quality kits

Thanks for the interest. This is one of my favorites too. I still have this on my list. I was just thinking about it which brought me back to the thread. Hopefully I can get some progress on this in the next few months.

Hi Guys,
If I can ever find time to make some of these I will let all of you know.

I would definitely be up for a Kit!

- - - Updated - - -

Kit.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this kit? I believe there was a Japanese model kit. I assume this is it.... I can't find the kit for sale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back