Solo: A Star Wars Story

This sounds about right.

The fact that the audience “want to see” score went from 70% down to 37% and then back up after its release suggest boycott meddling.
I think there's more brand fatigue (it's been only 5 months since The Last Jedi came out and that whiny fanboy outbursts that hurt Solo. The Last Jedi performed well - despite a similar vocal minority.

However, the calls for boycott on many social networking-type sites (including Youtube) is very real. This includes meddling with scores on sites like Rotten Tomatoes is detrimental as many use these to determine their movie viewings.

This box office wasn't shocking to anyone paying any attention to Star Wars fans. The Last Jedi was reviled. Fans were livid. No one asked for this. It seemed like a complete cash in with no purpose and I think that one two punch killed this film. Disney should have waited a year for people to forget about how much they hated The Last Jedi, but even then Star Wars fans have prequel PTSD and they also have Disney PTSD after The Last Jedi basically gave the middle finger to Star Wars.

Well said!

I am one of those who chose not to see Solo. That character is my FAVORITE and is how I first became a HUGE Harrison Ford fan. Call it a boycott or whatever you want, but, to me, there is no Han Solo without Harrison Ford. So, the movie was never of any interest to me. And, as far as I'm concerned, it just wasn't needed. Just as a Boba Fett backstory isn't needed. The mystery surrounding these characters is what made them interesting and fascinating to us in the first place.

Now Disney is going to reveal all the mystery for a (hopefully big) cash grab. I think if Disney truly wants to offload the old fans, they should just tell some new stories and get out of the legacy characters business, once and for all. 'Cause we ain't buyin' it, obviously. (Although, I probably would see an Obi Wan or Boba Fett film. ;))

Old guys dont typically watch CGI cartoons. At least I dont anyway and Im not that old.

I couldn't watch the CGI Star Wars cartoons. The only thing I could stomach (actually really enjoyed) was Tron and Disney cancelled it.

That show was the single reason I had the Disney Channel and, truth be told, I wanted to claw my eyes out during the commercial breaks because of the mindless garbage they produce and advertise.

I think there's more brand fatigue (it's been only 5 months since The Last Jedi came out and that whiny fanboy outbursts that hurt Solo. The Last Jedi performed well - despite a similar vocal minority.

However, the calls for boycott on many social networking-type sites (including Youtube) is very real. This includes meddling with scores on sites like Rotten Tomatoes is detrimental as many use these to determine their movie viewings.

Clearly...it was the Russians. Quick, lets appoint a special Jedi council to investigate this collusion to bring down Solo A Star Wars Story.
:facepalm

I've been a Star Wars fan since I saw (not seen) the first movie in 1977. I've been to opening night of every movie, except for ROTS. Solo is the first SW movie I don't have the slightest interest in seeing. It's not because I despised TLJ, I actually liked about half of that movie. It's not because of brand fatigue. It's not because of some BS boycott, and it's certainly not because of Rotten Tomatoes (I wouldn't trust that site as a judge of quality if my life depended on it). I just don't give a crap about the story, Han's early life does not concern me, neither does Yoda's, Boba Fett's, Jabba's, etc.

I'll let you get back to your anti-Star Wars fest. Have fun!

LOL.jpg

Funny thing is some with a SJW agenda are already pointing blame at: "It failed because it stars white males."

WTF. Stop the world I want to get off...

Last I checked there were 2 white hero/anti-hero males (Alden and Woody), a not-white male star (Glover), a Wookie, a Fembot and female star (Clarke)... several co-stars that don't fit the white male mold too.
Clearly...it was the Russians. Quick, lets appoint a special Jedi council to investigate this collusion to bring down Solo A Star Wars Story.
:facepalm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes! Whatever excuse you want to blame on people not seeing this film. The answer is yes! Every time.

I can remember two very distinctive audience reactions from my time going to Star Wars movies. The first was when Vader appeared in ESB and the second was the appearance of Luke at the end of TFA. Anyone else remember those reactions?

The same audience`s that paid to attend TFA all paid good money for TLJ to see their hero again and all were terribly cheated not just by what was done to Luke but what their expectation of what a good Star Wars movie should be . Hence the BO fall from a cliff soon afterwards. If you think you can do that to your fan base and get away with it and not expect a huge backlash, then your not very good at pitching more stuff to them. This appears to be washing straight over a very small number of people.

I think the Imperial March was a nod to John Williams as was all the other Easter Eggs Loved the nods to Indy in the Vos office scene. I think the Wookies looked that way because they had been working as slaves in the Spice Mines of Kessel so they were naturally emaciated, dehydrated, and full of natty dreads.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a HOLY SHIRT reaction when I saw whats his name in the holo projection!!! Very similar reaction when I saw Red Skull in Infinity War!

They probably wanted the other Wookies to look different enough from Chewie to keep the audience from getting them mixed up. It was a dark, fast-paced, chaotic scene with a ton of characters involved. The natural direction to go with the changes for this storyline would be to make them look less healthy/cute than Chewie.

As for the imperial march sound clip, that's a pretty minor detail to be picking on IMO.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back