ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Beautifully laid out! May I ask where you got the stands? Also do you have the height measurement for the stands? I am trying to display Darth Vader helmets and I still haven't decided which to use!

Thanks! The stand is from IKEA. Hemma lamp stands. $5 each. They come in 2 lengths. Fits red guards.

c19f2cf6b0daa72134a5f739a561240b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can appreciate that Anovos' latest products have been delivered in a more timely manner, however this is not the business of most improved delivery time. Is the fact that other products have been delivered on time, discount my personal experience of waiting 2 years for a stormtrooper helmet kit, or the experience of others waiting 3 years to complete the Solo belt order? It is great that some have had very positive experiences but for the people who have been waiting and continue to wait, those frustrations are real and go largely unaddressed, both by Anovos itself, by failing to address those concerns in a real way and moving the delivery window quarter after quarter, and comments such as this which discount people's experience.

If this company happened to operate in any other market, this model would not be received nearly as well. Fortunately for them, they have a decent product, when it arrives, and people are willing to wait, but that does not make the customer experience any better or the frustration any less legitimate. Complaining does not make the items arrive any faster and neither does making excuses, Anovos should be held to a standard similar to any other business and from my perspective, this is simply not the case. I and others have had, with out a doubt a poor experience and this is simply unacceptable.
I understand it is frustrating waiting for the earlier products. I have several that I am waiting on as well.

Apparently the earlier products are still going through the same path that they started. It may be unreasonable to stop whatever is already underway and make changes.

They have addressed the issues with products that were not already in the old process.

I will be very glad after all of the long delayed products have been delivered.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Got Maul

Sorry to air this here, but you won't answer messages or e-mails. Additionally, I tried to contact Anovos directly, but the chat window option on your site is no longer popping up, there is no phone number to call, and the system says I have exceeded my amount of open tickets despite only having one that I know of.

You advised me that I would have to speak to your attorney from this point out. I'm still waiting for you to provide me with their contact information. Please post your attorney's contact information here, publicly, once, so everyone who may need it has access to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting...

Where did you read this?
I'd like to do an ESB version someday.

I saw it on the Anovos TK builder FB club. Someone posted an update from Anovos apologizing for a new delay in shipping the kits, but explaining it was because they were making these changes and need licencor approval.

Spoke with live chat again today: in checking I see it's a month since I paid for the shipping/handling for my Kylo lid, which had never been sent to me when my payments were complete for some reason.

According to the person, "fulfillment is doing some internal matters in regards to this order." Whatever they means... :lol Told me to come back if I don't hear anything about a shipment at week's end.

If they follow through with the Hero vs. Stunt version of the armor, I hope they make bubble lenses available separately. Much prefer the look of them over the flat ones... screen accuracy be damned!

That may be an issue. I rebuilt this laptop last week. Checking that tonight. Thanks, man.

I'm curious to see what happens with your situation. I'm not sure you have a case, but I'm not a lawyer either. I do know that I'd be royally pissed if it was me. To just randomly choose your order as the one to get the shaft is a terrible way to go. Throwing in a crappy coupon is like putting a cherry on top of a dookie sundae.

@AJTaliesen

I firmly believe I have a case, and judging by the feedback I'm getting, I will be pressing forward. The general guidelines or whether or not one has a case generally follows these questions, found at NOLO.com (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-should-you-sue-29900.html):

To figure out whether you have a good case, it helps to know that lawyers break each type of lawsuit ("cause of action" in attorney-speak) into a short list of legally required elements. It follows that as long as you know what the elements are for your type of lawsuit, it's usually fairly easy to determine whether you have a good case. For example, a lawsuit against a contractor for doing substandard construction would be for breach of contract (because the contractor agreed either orally or in writing to do the job properly). The legal elements for this type of lawsuit are as follows:

Contract formation
(A contract was formed upon my purchase). You must show that you have a legally binding contract with the other party. If you have a written agreement, this element is especially easy to prove. Without a written contract, you will have to show that you had an enforceable oral (spoken) contract, or that an enforceable contract can be implied from the circumstances of your situation.

Performance
(Payment was required of me, and was paid in full, fulfilling this requirement). You must prove that you did what was required of you under the terms of the contract. Assuming you have made agreed-on payments and otherwise cooperated, you should have no problem with this element.

Breach
(Anovos failed to deliver on their contractual obligation to me, which was to provide the product I had commissioned). You must show that the party you plan to sue failed to meet his or her contractual obligations ("breach of contract" in legalese). This is usually the heart of the case -- you'll need to prove that the contractor failed to do agreed-on work or did work of unacceptably poor quality.

Damages
(I lost the use of $1,200 for a very long time). You must show that you suffered an economic loss as a result of the other party's breach of contract. Assuming the work must be redone or finished, this element should also be relatively straightforward to prove.

@Got Maul

You advised me that I would have to speak to your attorney from this point out. I'm still waiting for you to provide me with their contact information. Please post your attorney's contact information here, publicly, once, so everyone who may need it has access to it.

Sorry, hold the phone - can we back up a second? What exactly do you have to do to get a retail costume company, with whom you presumably have outstanding orders, to insist that you only speak to them through their attorney from now on? I mean, there's been some bad communication from Anovos, but I'm sorry, something doesn't pass the smell test to me here.

Sorry, hold the phone - can we back up a second? What exactly do you have to do to get a retail costume company, with whom you presumably have outstanding orders, to insist that you only speak to them through their attorney from now on? I mean, there's been some bad communication from Anovos, but I'm sorry, something doesn't pass the smell test to me here.

You can see above. Poster rcvd a refund but is requesting damages because they never rcvd the item. (It seems from their above post. Apologies if this is incorrect)

You can see above. Poster rcvd a refund but is requesting damages because they never rcvd the item. (It seems from their above post. Apologies if this is incorrect)

Yeah, I somehow missed that first time. Nope. The sheer litigious...SILLINESS aside of that, I think he's going to have a VERY hard time proving any breach of any presumed 'contract' (he didn't have a contract with them to build him something any more than you have a 'contract' with the grocery store to 'commission' a piggy for you when you buy a package of bacon - they were selling a product). Anovos has never ever given a hard delivery date either, so proving a breach of said contract, if it existed, is going to be rather difficult. The 'contract', such as it was, was that he would pay for a product, Anovos would deliver it at their best effort, which they thought, but didn't guarantee, would be a certain rough time period, or he could have his money back if he changed his mind. They didn't 'fail to deliver it', they failed to deliver it when he wanted it. Those are different things, and seem pretty clearly covered in Anovos's product description - they'll do their best, but make no promises. Sure that kinda sucks, but this, THIS kind of nonsense is why American lawyers are considered such ambulance chasers.

:facepalm

Yeah, I somehow missed that first time.

You also missed the part where he said they cancelled his order, claiming a "lack of stock." He didn't request a refund.
Maybe give the last few pages a re-read so you fully understand his situation and then see where you stand.

No comment on the rest. I'm not a lawyer.

@Mr. Mold Maker - Thank you. That was nice of you to redirect that poster.

@Everyone - I'm not posting this here for sympathy. If you don't agree with me, jog on and keep your peace. You're not an attorney. I threatened to pursue a lawsuit against ANOVOS to Got Maul and his customer service reps. He is calling me on it. Unfortunately for him, I'm not bluffing. I posted my last because I can't Got Maul to give me his attorney team's contact information. I can get it no other way at this point.

@The One Person Who Sees This and Realizes They have an alternative besides just bitching - Contact me and I'll share the information I discover which can lead to a better outcome.

Finally, if any of you know an, or ARE an attorney as well as a prop-builder, please contact me via IM with your thoughts or recommendations.

Gman71, I am an attorney and have helped several members with issues with Anovos and eFX. It looks like you were refunded due to ANOVOS not having the stock to fulfill your order which I am assuming also means they are not going to produce any more Premier Han Solo Bespin Outfits. Since you received a full refund, your additional damages such as lost interest on your $1,200 is probably not enough to warrant bringing legal action against ANOVOS. As an attorney, I would be concerned with you getting your money back which appears to have occurred. I know it sucks, but sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles and this is one where any likely recovery does not warrant the legal fees and costs in bringing a lawsuit. I am assuming that ANOVOS told you talk to their attorney after you brought up suing them which is a normal reaction from some companies who have been advised that they are going to be sued. I hope this helps you in deciding your future actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@ The Pawn - What a respectful, thoughtful response. I appreciate it, and I appreciate your perspective more than you know. I had incidents with both Sony and a local TV repair shop in the past--although apples to oranges, the products are different, but the attitudes, behaviors, and actions of the opposing parties were similar. I was told there was nothing I could do about it by several others, but they were wrong. I ended up settling with Sony and winning my case against the TV repair facility. I will try again, regardless of the odds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back