ANOVOS Productions. Silent Customer Service. Anyone got any ideas?

But how can people ask for refunds when Anovos doesn't respond to customer's open tickets? And excusing Anovos for "growing pains" is extremely silly. Anovos has been in existence since 2009! That's 7 years ago; how many years of growing pains does a company need?

Regarding metrics, I really don't care what the answers are, but I asked those questions to illustrate that there are some basic customer service questions a company should be asking themselves, and that they should be dissatisfied when the answers are not reaching an acceptable goal. Based on the number of people with similar problems here, on Facebook, etc, it's clear that Anovos is doing poorly with their customer service process. Look at the end of this post for some comments from their Facebook page I copied. Holy moly! And this is just what people have posted in the last few weeks.

As for GotMaul's offer to contact him directly, I don't understand this. What he's advocating here is that if you're an RFP member, email him and you'll get to the front of the line. But what about all the people who aren't RFP members who have opened tickets in good faith? When will they get to the front of the line? And honestly, it's not the place in line that's the issue; it's the speed at which the line is taken care of.

Anovos, you already have a customer support system, so you should use it! Instead of dealing with emails, which is just robbing Peter to pay Paul, go to your Online Ticket System, review the earliest ticket, resolve it, then move on to the next ticket. Rinse and repeat. Get your open tickets down to zero. Geeze, this is not that difficult! But hey, what do I know; I've never "run a licensed business connected to one of the largest brands in the world". On the other hand, I am an aerospace engineer and rocket scientist, so I think I would have a few of the brain cells necessary to figure out a way to get my company's act together ASAP.

Facebook Messages:

11/2 - Hi, I did not get a response from your support for more than two weeks now
11/31 - I was still waiting - and having contacted the online help three times - each time being told my helmet was marked as ready to ship - I find out today the helmets will not be shipping out until Q1 2017
10/28 - 08/20/2016 - filed support ticket…. 09/06/2016 - received response….
10/28 - Today is officially a month since I ordered my Han Solo costume from Anovos. It's been slated to ship, Pretty much all week
10/27 - Any news on my return authorization request? My original ticket was submitted on Sept 10th. Over 6 weeks with no response?
10/27 - In August this year I purchased a Nebula dress for my daughter at the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek convention in Vega. It is many weeks now and I have not received my dress. All attempts to contact the company by email end in an automated response about 'tickets'.
10/26 - Your live chat support is a joke. Submitted a ticket (915899) Aug 8th and my part still hasn't shipped. Over the past 3 weeks live chat told me it would ship, "soon", "tomorrow", and "today".
10/26 - So my request to exchange or at this point is still un-answered. This has been going on since Sept 10th. I have checked on it weekly with ZERO response. I finally gave up on an exchange afilled out the Return Authorization on October 12th. No response.
10/24 - I have been trying to get in touch with customer service unsuccessfully. Any suggestions?
10/24 - Who can I contact about my order? I created a ticket that has been ignored.
10/21 - STILL haven't received my Vader helmet ordered 12/1/14, and your website is down. I've been INCREDIBLY patient. That patience is wearing quite thin.
10/19 - This company is a huge fraud. I order a simple dress at the 50th Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas August 6 with a promise of a two week delivery. It's now Oct 19 they can't track the item and told me month ago it will be delivered soon. Trying to get ahold of anyone is impossible and when you do no one has answers.
10/19 - I have been trying to get someone to reply to me for two months now. I have tried to get up at 5am as I am in Australia to contact your on line support team only got through once and that was two months ago haven't seen anyone on since then.
10/18 - Hi Its been 2 months since I've submitted my ticket. And now almost a month from the last a representative has talked to me.
10/16 - Hey I haven't had a response on my ticket for a long time.

Hey you give a bunch of great advice but ANOVOS is not Wal-Mart and are still learning the market and how to handle the Star Wars license and get product out while dealing with us nickpicking Fanboys (Im included in the category) and bankrupting Factories located in China. This is major issues for a couple of Fan Boys trying to make a living and make their dream come true by producing licensed high quality Star Wars and Star Trek costumes and props. It is a big learning curve for a small company and will be for years to come.

If you have been in the prop collecting market for the last 20 years then you know we already lost ICONS, MASTER REPLICAS, CORGI, AND PROP SHOP just in the last 6 months. Its not easy to deal with Disney and China and keep everyone happy.

But the key here is that you can get all your money back and wait till extra stock is available and then re-order. That way you are protected and you dont have money tied up in a company that you have stated you dont trust and on then 10/19 you state and post "This Company is a huge fraud." Be careful using that word Fraud. It has a very strict meaning under the law and you are accusing ANOVOS of committing a crime. If you accuse someone of a crime even out of anger and just venting, then you better have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that backs you up.

Negligence or bad business decisions on behalf of ANOVOS is not Fraud, either civil or criminal, especially when they are offering everyone a full refund. Where is the intent to defraud you your money if ANOVOS should refund you all of your money. Take a deep breathe and think about it before you accuse someone of a crime. Depending on what state you are from you could be liable for slander. So Just be careful throwing around that word without proof.

Take the full refund and move on with your life. If you need help getting your money back, I offer my legal services free of charge to all RPF members but right now both ANOVOS and eFX have refunded everyone who has requested refunds, so there you go.

Take Care and Happy Collecting!!!

MTFBWY and LLAP

Rick

CUBS just won the WORLD SERIES !!!! What at GAME!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So you don't want a refund even though you have this much money out with risk. I get that you were misquoted for shipping timeline and your order is about a month old now....and I apologize for that...but it was a mistaken misquote. If the time out is a risk to you then why not just take the refund ? I am very confused with your statements of 1. Wanting the product, 2. stating the risk of money being out, 3. But in the face of an obvious solution, you don't want to take it.

A refund is not a viable solution. To me its a cop out on the companies part. I do not get in the habit of ordering thing just to get a refund. The simple fact that according to your own people, my product has been sitting in a box in a warehouse for over 2 weeks now, shows a lack of execution on the part of anovos. I do not understand why Anovos seems to thing this is an acceptable situation. At this point, halloween has pasted, I can only hope that it comes in for the rogue one release. The thing that I find highly unacceptable is that this seems to be standard operating procedure. If you have long lead times, state that on your web site. If I was misquoted, get competent people. Your entire operation seems to be a big mess.

So let me get this straight... The company that is the mess and you obviously don't trust in our business practice you still openly and CHOOSE to still partake in?

Yet when a solution is offered again and again to get you out of this practice you don't trust, you still want in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And no, your product is not sitting in a box. I told you already you were misquoted on that delivery.

A refund is not a viable solution. To me its a cop out on the companies part. I do not get in the habit of ordering thing just to get a refund. The simple fact that according to your own people, my product has been sitting in a box in a warehouse for over 2 weeks now, shows a lack of execution on the part of anovos. I do not understand why Anovos seems to thing this is an acceptable situation. At this point, halloween has pasted, I can only hope that it comes in for the rogue one release. The thing that I find highly unacceptable is that this seems to be standard operating procedure. If you have long lead times, state that on your web site. If I was misquoted, get competent people. Your entire operation seems to be a big mess.

I don't see the logic in your argument. They told you it was a mistake and your item was not sitting in a box ready to ship. So just get a refund and never order from ANOVOS again. That will show them and Maybe if they lost you as a customer they will reconsider their customer service department and do some retraining on how to handle customers like you with their complaints. But the really good thing is at least you can get all of your money back and never deal with ANOVOS again. Although you won't receive the prop or costume you ordered but I am sure there are plenty of other people who offer the same type of props or costumes you want on eBay or you may even find something in the classified ads here on the RPF. Good Luck!

The Pawn, if you reread my post again, you'll see that I pasted a list of complaints from *other random people* that were posted on Anovos' Facebook page. I have not called Anovos a fraud, and I have not accused anyone of a crime. I would appreciate a retraction from you in regards to this. Thank you.

Regarding Anovos, let me start out with something positive. I've purchased 4 TOS tunics and 1 TOS pants, and other than sizing issues, all have been quality, top-notch products, and I have no complaints on the material or construction. Anovos should be proud of their products.

However, their high level of products are inversely matched by the low quality of their customer service. I don't care how big or small they are; Anovos accepted my money in exchange for a product, so I believe there is a corresponding customer satisfaction component to that transaction. Is it too much to ask that Anovos respond to and resolve customer issues in a timely manner? That's all I'm looking for.

Personally, I want an exchange for my TOS Velour Tunic, but whether it's an exchange or refund, I can complete neither option if Anovos does not respond to my open ticket. *That* is the problem that I am trying to shed light on. If Anovos is going to offer an Online Ticket System, then they should operate that system in a prompt manner. Otherwise, their ticket system lacks integrity.

Anyway, I've (over)stated my case, so I'll be moving on.

I have been with ANOVOS from the beginning on most items when they did the tier one pricing. I have ordered a lot from them and it's a running joke that if I asked for a refund the company on all my items then they would go under. I will say if you are not happy at all, then get your money back and not deal with the stress of waiting. It's not worth it. Life is too short.

Anovos is having production issues, customer service issues, and growing pains as a company. But I do see them changing and fixing issues. I will vouch that every item I have received was in the end worth the wait. The Premier Bespin Han and Luke outfits are awesome and beyond my expectations. The same can be said for all the Star Trek items. I'm just now receiving the Imperial collection and will let everyone know my reviews.

But for anyone who can't stand the long wait, I know for sure that they will refund your money.

Which of the Imperial collection?

If you are referring to the Imperial Officer Uniforms (Green and Black), I did not order anything from the Imperial Uniform Collection.LOL. That was the only items besides the woman's clothing and Ghostbuster items. But all the major items for Star Wars and Star Trek, I did order. I have received the Stormtrooper Kit, Luke Bespin, and Han Bespin with Holster. My boots came in yesterday. I think the Darth Vader Premier will be next to be delivered. I have received all the Star Trek items except the Star Trek Beyond Tunics.

The Pawn, if you reread my post again, you'll see that I pasted a list of complaints from *other random people* that were posted on Anovos' Facebook page. I have not called Anovos a fraud, and I have not accused anyone of a crime. I would appreciate a retraction from you in regards to this. Thank you.

Regarding Anovos, let me start out with something positive. I've purchased 4 TOS tunics and 1 TOS pants, and other than sizing issues, all have been quality, top-notch products, and I have no complaints on the material or construction. Anovos should be proud of their products.

However, their high level of products are inversely matched by the low quality of their customer service. I don't care how big or small they are; Anovos accepted my money in exchange for a product, so I believe there is a corresponding customer satisfaction component to that transaction. Is it too much to ask that Anovos respond to and resolve customer issues in a timely manner? That's all I'm looking for.

Personally, I want an exchange for my TOS Velour Tunic, but whether it's an exchange or refund, I can complete neither option if Anovos does not respond to my open ticket. *That* is the problem that I am trying to shed light on. If Anovos is going to offer an Online Ticket System, then they should operate that system in a prompt manner. Otherwise, their ticket system lacks integrity.

Anyway, I've (over)stated my case, so I'll be moving on.

My advice still stands as you were reposting comments from someone accusing ANOVOS of fraud and it can't be fraud if there is no intent and they are offering complete refunds. Again I agree with your complaints and hopefully you have contacted gotmaul directly as instructed and get your situation resolved. I apologize if I hurt your feelings, not my intent. Good luck in getting your exchange made to your satisfaction.

If you want a refund or are having issue with an existing ticket, please email me directly with your information : joe@anovos.com

Got Maul: I have a very similar issue with Anovos, where I feel I've been lied to and given excuses since I have asked for a refund a month ago. The CS rep said it would take 10-14 days. When nothing happened I asked again, they said that the ticket was for some reason "stuck", and didn't give me a new ETA or anything. And then silence. Not getting responses anymore to my messages.

I guess I haven't waited as long as OP, but it has been a month and the lack of any information makes me very worried and angry, as I have left close to a 1000 dollars there and that is a lot of money for me.

May I contact you on your e-mail with my info and ask for help/advice as well please?

Usually for refunds they send you an email with a form that needs to be filled out. You may want to contact them again.

Absolutely ! Send me an email joe@anvos.com and I can have it processed. Be sure to include your order numbers.

Got Maul: I have a very similar issue with Anovos, where I feel I've been lied to and given excuses since I have asked for a refund a month ago. The CS rep said it would take 10-14 days. When nothing happened I asked again, they said that the ticket was for some reason "stuck", and didn't give me a new ETA or anything. And then silence. Not getting responses anymore to my messages.

I guess I haven't waited as long as OP, but it has been a month and the lack of any information makes me very worried and angry, as I have left close to a 1000 dollars there and that is a lot of money for me.

May I contact you on your e-mail with my info and ask for help/advice as well please?

+1 on Anovos being terrible with customer relations. They are the polar opposite of Amazon. I have spent hundreds of dollars with them and I am done.

I might need some help with Anovos. I I recently cancelled my preorders due to me having some financial issues on June 5th and they have not refunded my money. I am at 20 business days where their site states 12-15 days for a refund and now they won't reply to my emails and I have yet to get my funds back. Can you help me out?

Last edited:
I'm dealing with this issue now. I've been emailing back and forth with a very nice person named Alex, but he has no answers for me right now and it's been twenty business days since I cancelled my order. I have a feeling that they,like many other small prop companies, don't have the money to refund as it's tied up in preproduction. Which is not a great way to run a business. I'm not to the point of never buying from them again as the other order I placed went well but I am getting g a bad taste in my mouth. I have never had this issue with EFX or any of the other companies I purchase from..

Did it. No reply. I'm assuming he gets a lot of these.

- - - Updated - - -

In their defense, no one is as good as Amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

I was told that my ticket is "Still processing" at the fifteen business day mark.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back