Help Identifying Vader helmet?

Capn

I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is a Portumac style dome? I'm afraid I don't have much of an eye for such things.
s-l1600.jpg

It's fairly difficult to identify something from just one angle - especially an off angle like seen in the picture - but it seems like an older style dome from back when people mistakenly added extra length to the dome skirt flanges. It's inaccurate and looks ugly, but can be sanded down if you want to make it accurate. Whether it's a Portumac or not I simply can't tell.

Perhaps you could contact bookface if he has a loose Darth Ugly dome available ... I bet sometimes a casting is not up to par and gets discarded from selling and becomes leftover :)

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you could contact @bookface if he has a loose Darth Ugly dome available ... I bet sometimes a casting is not up to par and gets discarded from selling and becomes leftover :)

Chaim

From Bookface's Darth Ugly sale thread:

"These are FULL helmet orders only (painted or kit). We do not part out the domes and masks. Darth Ugly was sculpted and optimized to be an artistic whole to achieve specific proportions and elegance. But given the various sizes and shapes of so many masks in the fandom, an Ugly dome paired with the wrong mask can look less than stellar, and an Ugly mask under a different make of dome might look terrible. Please don't ask, because I hate saying no to people. I will though. I'll just feel bad about it."

Trust me, I've asked. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like that's a no go, but I appreciate the suggestion. I posted in the WTB section of the Junkyard a couple of timesbut never got a hit so resorting to EPrey.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back