Rogue One Vader costume

That chest box has a red rocker switch and looks plastic. I think that's a Halloween/cosplay costume and not the screen-used R1 costume.

Its a modified Rubies, different shoulder bells, cod, gloves and helmet. But he was wearing rubies chest and beltboxes, and center armor for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayden is the same height and similar build as Bob Anderson whom was in the Vader suit for the duels in 5 and 6, (About 6'1" or close) and they both had on lifts. I don't know what you are talking about him being too short. He towers over the Emperor there.

And here is a still from BTS on the ROTS Star Destroyer Bridge, which was only built in half part in ESB as well.

tumblr_o99707nIod1sl2jkoo1_500.jpg

Hayden is the same height and similar build as Bob Anderson whom was in the Vader suit for the duels in 5 and 6, (About 6'1" or close) and they both had on lifts. I don't know what you are talking about him being too short. He towers over the Emperor there.

And here is a still from BTS on the ROTS Star Destroyer Bridge, which was only built in half part in ESB as well.

View attachment 729938
I saw this BTS pic and it's all the more baffling why they CGId him when they had the costume and half of the set too. Can't imagine that it wasn't easier and cheaper to build the other half of that set or to simply mirror the set for that one shot and have him walk over the bridge. All other shots are the real costume there.
Anyhoos, probably weering off-topic here, my point was a reaction to the CGI robes debate and that CGI cape looks pretty damn bad.

I saw this BTS pic and it's all the more baffling why they CGId him when they had the costume and half of the set too. Can't imagine that it wasn't easier and cheaper to build the other half of that set or to simply mirror the set for that one shot and have him walk over the bridge. All other shots are the real costume there.
Anyhoos, probably weering off-topic here, my point was a reaction to the CGI robes debate and that CGI cape looks pretty damn bad.

As I said they built just half the set for ESB too.

View attachment 729938

Here's an excellent question that you all can discuss among yourselves. Why didn't the 6' 1" Bob Anderson just train David Prowse in the sport of Fencing so Dave could've fought Luke in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi?

Here's an excellent question that you all can discuss among yourselves. Why didn't the 6' 1" Bob Anderson just train David Prowse in the sport of Fencing so Dave could've fought Luke in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi?

george lucas politics...

Yup, George and Prowse did not get along very well, the relationship continually deteriorating throughout the filming of the trilogy. From what I understand, by the time of ROTJ, Prowse' involvement was the bare minimum needed. Body doubles were used for pickup shots, Bob Anderson for the saber fights, and so forth

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yup, George and Prowse did not get along very well, the relationship continually deteriorating throughout the filming of the trilogy. From what I understand, by the time of ROTJ, Prowse' involvement was the bare minimum needed. Body doubles were used for pickup shots, Bob Anderson for the saber fights, and so forth

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Ralph McQuarrie and John Williams have more to do with the success of Star Wars than George Lucas ever had and he pretty much stole the idea of The Force off of one of his old college buddies. Needless to say I don't hold Georgie boy in as high of a regard as other Star Wars fans do that's for sure.

Ralph McQuarrie and John Williams have more to do with the success of Star Wars than George Lucas ever had and he pretty much stole the idea of The Force off of one of his old college buddies. Needless to say I don't hold Georgie boy in as high of a regard as other Star Wars fans do that's for sure.
I still do hold Lucas in high regard because he took all the risks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Citation needed on the accusation of George stealing the force idea. Also if it weren't for George bringing them we wouldn't know Ralph McQuarrie and John Williams in regards to SW..

Last edited:
Citation needed on the accusation of George stealing the force idea. Also if it weren't for George he wouldn't know Ralph McQuarrie and John Williams involved.

I DID read somewhere that Lucas stole the idea of The Force from a college buddies short film. I can't remember exactly where I read it. Plus even you can't argue that George ripped-off Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress (1958).

I DID read somewhere that Lucas stole the idea of The Force from a college buddies short film. I can't remember exactly where I read it. Plus even you can't argue that George ripped-off Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress (1958).

Have you watched the documentary "Everything is a Remix"?

Last edited by a moderator:

I read somewhere that apparently during ANH Prowse kept breaking the fencing sticks so they went for Anderson instead. Then again I doubt Mark Hamill was a kendo master before training started with him. Might have been cheaper to use Anderson as the actor too instead of paying him to train two actors?

Citation needed on the accusation of George stealing the force idea. Also if it weren't for George bringing them we wouldn't know Ralph McQuarrie and John Williams in regards to SW..
I'd like a citation too.

"I read it" isn't a citation.

As a matter of fact I have watched a few videos by this YouTube channel and they are really good but I've not seen this particular one. But the fact remains that Lucas ripped something off from his college friend's own short film. I just thought that I'd bring it up.
Now it's a fact? Sheesh! Back it up or you're just drinking your own Kool-aide.

The concept of the Force isn't exactly a very unique idea. Similar ideas about things being connected can be found in different religions. Add in a basic good vs evil concept and mystical telekinesis and you basically have the Force.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back