Death Star plans data card - zenix's build thread

I don't think you'll have a problem with people being unhappy with that. Sounds great to me.
Of course I'm always up for a V3 if you want to do that as well! lol I do see now that the teeth around the disc are consistent through the arc and end with a longer "tooth" on each end.

Thanks again for doing this. very cool project.

The movie is released to digital is six days away and 11 days from disc release. That means that at this time copies of the movies exist and most likely in store rooms and distribution centers. That being the case, copies have a way of getting out there especially to the hands of non-official streaming sources. You can stream Rogue One 720 HD online right now if you know where to look.
Blu Ray quality Hd Rips are up on torrent sites, have been for about a week now. My reserved copy wont be in until the 4th so I`ll wait. I think 15 in theater viewings is enough to hold me over... sad part is I have seen the force awakens less and I own it in both blu ray and digital download =/

MJF to the rescue!!

Still tough to tell!

I don't know how much of a rescue it is. I'm with karmajay. I'm trying to keep an open mind and I honestly can't see anything that makes me positive one way or the other.

Personally I'd like to believe it was metal. I think that makes a nicer prop and more in line with what we see in ANH. I just don't feel the reflective elements we are seeing can rule out a high luster white surface.

Idk... here is the data card from the behind the scenes with Disney. Looks metallic to me. I'm willing to bet the prop we see on screen is of the same material

I also wonder if all the white paneling in the ship is reflecting off the aluminum... making it look white

e4e1e8c2dd1af7b859c13afa61b68dac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shot when Leia has it, the back looks more reflective than the front.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Idk... here is the data card from the behind the scenes with Disney. Looks metallic to me. I'm willing to bet the prop we see on screen is of the same material

I also wonder if all the white paneling in the ship is reflecting off the aluminum... making it look white

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170323/e4e1e8c2dd1af7b859c13afa61b68dac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that it is a bare metal finish in that shot, but the only problem is that it is obviously an unfinished prop as demonstrated by the bottom bar not being black.

Even though the bar at the bottom is the wrong color?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well I got a theory.. and you're not going to like it.

What if the bar is not black at all but instead gray? What if the same qualities that are making the prop look white are also making the bar look black. Like a contrast issue.

You never really can tell true colors in a movie based on filmmaker's choices. After all, Wedge's helmet still looks gray to me but it is really green. So no matter what resolution the screenshot is, it may not show you true colors.

I agree that it is a bare metal finish in that shot, but the only problem is that it is obviously an unfinished prop as demonstrated by the bottom bar not being black.

As well as it missing the intricate line work that was stenciled or placed on...

What if everyone is correct and the piece is aluminum that was painted white (with circuitry) and black base or had a vinyl sticker added over....

Was there a post somewhere on what happened to the screen used prop? No one that worked at the movie has talked about it on Twtiier etc?

The way in which it reflects the light makes it look very much like a satin aluminum finish. You can even see a reflective glint along the edge in the pic below on the right (indicative of cut aluminum sheet). When the light isn't shining on it, it appears very dark, darker than a white gloss finish would give off. And when the light is reflecting off of it it's brighter than the whitest whites are. Just compare the colors to known white objects in the same scene, like the dude's helmets. I also agree, the bar along the bottom is gray, not black. This is especially apparent when it's given to Leia. Compare to the black chin strap of the officer.

DSplans.jpg~original

agree 100% its a unfinished prop. bottom clip not finished :thumbsup

I don't think there is really anything to confusing about this. I think it is just a dark gray matte plastic. In the screen grab of the movie, the lighting is making it look black. In the low res image of the prop on the table, the color is washed out and it makes it look light gray. I further believe that the image of Leia holding the disc is the best look at what the correct color of the bar is.. dark gray. I also believe that for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back