My Newest Real Parts Lightsaber Addition - A Genuine MPP Microflash Flashgun!!

Beautiful Flash! I just got my Parks today. I am also keeping the nameplate. This is very accurate with just a few tiny things to make perfectionists crazy, lol Here are a few quick shots and 1 with my Graflex
View attachment 589776View attachment 589775View attachment 589774View attachment 589773View attachment 589772View attachment 589771

Very nice. When did you order it from Parks? I've contemplated getting one. I had one a few years ago and sold it. I just don't want to wait forever to get it. I've emailed and called him with no reply at all. I won't beg him to take my money.

If you are in a hurry...oops, lol I ordered this Oct. 12, 2015. and got it Feb. 10, 2016. I got a reply to about 50% of my emails. The price and craftsmanship is great, but you will probably have to wait more than advertised. And customer service doesn't seem to be a priority. I knew that going in from reading a lot of forums. Plus the work load is up out to the latest movie. I was shocked to see this very Parks MPP sell used on eBay for $400 last month. If you don't mind the wait, Jeff makes a great product at great price, IMO.

I have a Larbel MPP and I've thought about buying a Parks and combining the two, using the more accurate parts from each, but I read somewhere that they are different diameters. Can anyone confirm this? I don't see why they shouldn't be interchangeable if they were both modeled off of real MPP's. :unsure

Well as for the endcap my Larbel has the 3 ridges in the black center piece, whereas you can see the new Parks does not ... however I was lucky to receive a real spare vintage MPP endcap and that does fit perfectly on my Larbel so I swapped those. The Larbel endcap now sits comfortably on a Heiland 3 cell and improved it by much eventhough it's fatter than the MPP ... so that said I think you could swap between the endcaps even with a Parks ... what other parts were you considering of swapping?

Chaim

what other parts were you considering of swapping?

Well namely the endcap and the clamp tube (just the metal tube) from the Larbel onto a Parks. I like the Larbel just fine, but Parks has the correct large B port and metal details inside the ports, neither of which the Larbel has. But Larbel does have the correct "3 lines" endcap, which Parks does not. The Larbel clamp shape looks more accurate, but others have said Parks' clamp sleeve and sidebars are superior. This old thread gets into it:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=3858

I used to be less into Vader's saber before the prop "discovery". Now I'm totally into it but I haven't converted my Larbels for ESB & ROTJ yet. I don't aspire to ever own a real MPP, so combining a Parks and a Larbel sounds ideal to me. But I wouldn't order a Parks without first knowing for sure that Larbel parts will fit it. I'm hoping someone here has firsthand knowledge.

Last edited:
Sigh.... I've really got to stop hanging out with teecrooz... he's a bad influence (or a good one, depending on your certain point of view ;))

So this happened... again...

Haven't gotten it yet, but it's on its way!

2FFC0F77-1F9A-45A8-A909-1791A47A34A6_zpsokjgbfhf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice score! Again. I can't wait to go on my flash gun pic in a week or so. I know he doesn't have an mpp but he may have parts.

OMG, that's beautiful!! Nice grab.

I hope to get an MPP someday(don't we all?), I'm not sure which one I would convert it to though :lol. The ESB is my favorite, but the ANH is the original. And I have replicas of each. I'll worry about that bridge when I get to it I guess.

SO an ANH build now?

OMG, that's beautiful!! Nice grab.

I hope to get an MPP someday(don't we all?), I'm not sure which one I would convert it to though :lol. The ESB is my favorite, but the ANH is the original. And I have replicas of each. I'll worry about that bridge when I get to it I guess.

SO an ANH build now?

You make a good point. I have a Parks that I upgraded with the help of Roy's parts and turned it into an esb version. Now that roman is showing interest in making an mpp, I may just get one and make it the anh version. I originally wanted to keep it anh, however the esb looks so cool I just couldn't resit

Whoah! Nice! Where'd you score it, and what kind of price range are we talking? If you don't mind my asking, that is. I'm trying to get an MPP now that I have a few Graflex flashes I'm building.

Thanks guys! Honestly I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet.

It's not perfect - it's once again a two-step shroud and more notably it's missing it's clamp - but it's got the correct end cap and sloped emitter and more importantly, I managed to pick it up for a really good price!

My thought is an ANH build, but we'll see...

Thanks guys! Honestly I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet.

It's not perfect - it's once again a two-step shroud and more notably it's missing it's clamp - but it's got the correct end cap and sloped emitter and more importantly, I managed to pick it up for a really good price!

My thought is an ANH build, but we'll see...

Not ebay then, I would imagine.... :lol

Not ebay then, I would imagine.... :lol

Lol... definitely not eBay. I guess there's no harm; I managed to snag it for £325 - so about $400 US. Not as good as Roy's €100, but infinitely better than the $1,000+ that the last few on eBay have gone for :wacko

Lol... definitely not eBay. I guess there's no harm; I managed to snag it for £325 - so about $400 US. Not as good as Roy's €100, but infinitely better than the $1,000+ that the last few on eBay have gone for :wacko

Nice!! Definitely a lot better than ebay hahahaha.

Congrats!

I picked up an MPP on Ebay for about $250 years ago.
Shortly after i won the auction i was contacted by several members of the RPF who had just missed the auction.
Thats how i found my way to the RPF.

Whoah! Nice! Where'd you score it, and what kind of price range are we talking? If you don't mind my asking, that is. I'm trying to get an MPP now that I have a few Graflex flashes I'm building.

Prices may vary ... from $5 at a swap meat or vintage photography events, if you ever come accross one, and pretend to be into vintage photography ... to $1500 on ebay nowadays ... especially when more folks will realise it was a vintage MPP that was used in Rogue One ... eventhough we never got a nice close-up :wacko

Chaïm

Prices may vary ... from $5 at a swap meat or vintage photography events, if you ever come accross one, and pretend to be into vintage photography ... to $1500 on ebay nowadays ... especially when more folks will realise it was a vintage MPP that was used in Rogue One ... eventhough we never got a nice close-up :wacko

Chaïm
So if someone had a real graflex, perhaps it could be traded for a real mpp?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back