Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Just got 3 bags of bits in today for Vader reveal ears just waiting on the other 2 bags
image.jpg

I've now had back all 5 bags of bits for the reveal ears and a couple of extras but I won't be getting my bags of rivits and fixings until the new year due to the fact they say they didn't receive my order, so that's 25 pairs of ears I can't build and put together :cry
IMG_5479.JPG
I've also received the face linkage only 4 as a sample and I'm still not happy with them as the angle seems wrong back to the drawing board
image.jpg
4th attempt
image.jpg
And still no news from the photo etchers

Re-drawn number 4 going to send it off to be cut got a funny feeling in my water it's to long ( better looking at it than for it ) as my granddad used to say
image.jpg

Evolution !!!!!

image.jpg

BUT !!!! The fifth attempt will be bang on !!!
and I've loved every single minute of drawing them along with the exciting anticipation for when they come back in metal form

Had these blanks cut at the same time just for a bit of fun, paint and frame for a bit of Vader art, mmmm in a frame with a back light to shine through the linkages might look ok, I will post a pic when I've done it.
image.jpg

What do you think this piece was originally intended for? Some believe it came from an old vintage typewriter ... though which brand or year is unknown to me :wacko

Chaïm

I've looked and looked and up to now the closest I've got at the moment is a vintage adding machine made my Mercedes but no relevant pics at the moment of inside workings or what model
here are some pics of some internals of adding machines, some of the working parts have some likeness to what we are looking for
IMG_5189.PNGIMG_5191.PNGIMG_5193.PNGIMG_5187.PNGIMG_5190.PNGIMG_5192.PNGIMG_5194.PNGIMG_5186.PNG
It's a small step but I will keep on walking
somebody on the forum will know exactly what we are looking for but are not willing to share, because after all these years with all the talented people on here and all the research that people have done and found nothing !! And that NOBODY has found this part ! Well I don't believe that for one minute. Some people just don't have it in them to share information
I'm still looking

Had some extra pieces dropped in this morning as I've decided to put together 25 kits, they might be a while away as I'm still refining the pieces and recutting as I go along, also the more I do on all my parts for my build I will probably end up adding more and more bits to the kits anyway
IMG_5488.JPGIMG_5487.JPG
I have also drawn this part out for cutting but I now will have to wait for the new year
image.jpg
Ive also redrawn the top crown arrow as I'm now calling it, I wasn't happy with the way it was fitting on my crown next to my disc and piano keys the curves were not right
number 2 sits and looks just right

image.jpg
Ive also placed my order for the photo etched part for the vocoder that's due in on January 6th

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    893.4 KB · Views: 96
Had some extra pieces dropped in this morning as I've decided to put together 25 kits, they might be a while away as I'm still refining the pieces and recutting as I go along, also the more I do on all my parts for my build I will probably end up adding more and more bits to the kits anyway
View attachment 692498View attachment 692497
I have also drawn this part out for cutting but I now will have to wait for the new year
View attachment 692500
Ive also redrawn the top crown arrow as I'm now calling it, I wasn't happy with the way it was fitting on my crown next to my disc and piano keys the curves were not right
number 2 sits and looks just right

View attachment 692501
Ive also placed my order for the photo etched part for the vocoder that's due in on January 6th
View attachment 692502

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 83
Double post? I love those parts ... the one you're about to recreate is in my picture as well ... looks a bit different from yours though.

Chaïm

Double post? I love those parts ... the one you're about to recreate is in my picture as well ... looks a bit different from yours though.

Chaïm
The double post just happened something was playing up
I looked at yours and the original then back at yours and the original many times, yours is missing the small piece at the bottom under the hole and the inner edges / corners on yours are more rounded than the original, so the finished item was a mixture of both size shape and look, it's due back 6th Jan and the proof is in the pudding as they say I will only tell when it's in hand I'm sending one over to kr77 and when he places it on his vocoder we will know if our joint efforts have paid off, also not a big problem to alter if we need to
thanks for your assistance and input I will always need it

Just a quick run through of my next piece face key
on close inspection from a picture from the Paris expo I noticed that the cuts are not as straight as I've seen some being used on other reveals with a straight cut.

IMG_0619.jpg.................................... IMG_0620.JPG
Pic 1 original. ..............................................................My representation opposite hand

IMG_0621.JPG ..................................IMG_0622.JPG
Original not straight edges................... .................... My representation
a little circle cut out in one side

IMG_0623.JPG................................ IMG_0624.JPG
Original, the fork is at a very slight ........................My representation opposite hand
tilt to main stem and the bottom
teeth are not inline / curved

my inner square looks slightly bigger I'm going to alter this right now / to wide

what do you all think ?
input very welcome

Just drawing up the back plate for the lenses
IMG_0627.jpg
I've looked really closely behind the right lense and I can see a shape behind the shutter strips
IMG_0626.jpg
I can see another shape behind the left shutter but not as clear as the right so I've just done the same shape for both
image.jpg
I love auto cad it allows you to draw and print to scale allowing you to check what your making is reasonably good for cutting
image.jpg
I've also altered face linkage again
attempt no 5.2
image.jpg

I've now drawn up the inner mask (lip / nose guard !!!) good name for it as that it where it's positioned
IMG_5509.PNG
IMG_5507.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5508.JPG
    IMG_5508.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
Exceptional work! Great perseverance & attention to detail.
i hope to get a copy of each one of these if you're willing to make spares as you did with the dome top disc.
Cheers, mike from Aus

Exceptional work! Great perseverance & attention to detail.
i hope to get a copy of each one of these if you're willing to make spares as you did with the dome top disc.
Cheers, mike from Aus
I will be putting together about 25 kits from what I make but only when I'm happy with them thanks for your interest Mike always a pleasure to hear from you :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back