My Tron Legacy Costume Attempt

sweetness im glad to see that there are other people out there working on tron costumes other than me! just for a helpful tip (my costumes different so im not sure if it will work for yours) but i am working on a rinzler/tron costume and the best thing ive found to use is craft foam covered in glue ALOT of times. that means atleast 5-6 layers if you want it absolutley perfect. and then spray paint it black and cover it in plasti dip (i think is what its called i have to go pick some up at home depot before i can finish the suit) anyway just a tip if you were wondering how to make the armor on the costumes! but as i can, it looks like your covered! good luck!
if you have any designs/pics of your rinzle/tron costume i'd be very interested to see them. if thats cool?

^^^ yeah, I'm interested in what that armor would look like. Craft foam glued together, painted, and plasti-dipped.

I've been toying with the idea of a 1/4" or 1/8" wetsuit mixed with hexagon patterned spandex. The suit would primarily be made of the neoprene suit. The hexagon parts would be the spandex material, and the armor would be more (or thicker) neoprene. This would give the costume a tight spandex look, with the ability to add armor / lights very easily.

What do you guys think?

All of these costumes look amazing! I'm working on a Flynn robe and I've had some problems finding EL tape -- where did you guys manage to source it?

^^^ yeah, I'm interested in what that armor would look like. Craft foam glued together, painted, and plasti-dipped.

I've been toying with the idea of a 1/4" or 1/8" wetsuit mixed with hexagon patterned spandex. The suit would primarily be made of the neoprene suit. The hexagon parts would be the spandex material, and the armor would be more (or thicker) neoprene. This would give the costume a tight spandex look, with the ability to add armor / lights very easily.

What do you guys think?
from what iv been able to gather the costumes in the movie used spandex (elastane) covered by a hexagonal pattern and latex-foam for the armor. so if you can mold the foam to you body it would look great. and to get the leathery look just add industrial buffing gloss.

this is where i got my info http://clothesonfilm.com/tron-legacy-light-suit-costume/15850/#panel-1

Hey Soul,

Just curious as to how the progress is coming on the hex pattern fabric. I am interested in purchasing some, and if you did happen to sell it in already made suits, that would be even better! Please let me know, and thank you!

CG

First off, Amazing suit! your really the reason i joined up here and i have been keeping an eye on your build for a little while now.

Do you know if any of the UD Replica guys sell the spandex that has the rubber hexagon shapes on it? I have already sent an email out their way on their site but i have not gotten a response yet. I really like your fabric you made but you said yours wont be ready for a little bit so im looking around at anywhere i could get the hexagon style material.

Thanks man!

Last edited:
Hey Soul,

Just curious as to how the progress is coming on the hex pattern fabric. I am interested in purchasing some, and if you did happen to sell it in already made suits, that would be even better! Please let me know, and thank you!

CG

As soon as I finish this first run of disc kits I'll be dedicating my time to the hex fabric! I'm looking into doing full spandex suits ;)

First off, Amazing suit! your really the reason i joined up here and i have been keeping an eye on your build for a little while now.

Do you know if any of the UD Replica guys sell the spandex that has the rubber hexagon shapes on it? I have already sent an email out their way on their site but i have not gotten a response yet. I really like your fabric you made but you said yours wont be ready for a little bit so im looking around at anywhere i could get the hexagon style material.

Thanks man!

Thanks for the compliment! I can't wait to get back to my suit! So many projects going on right now, it can be overwhelming at times. I think UD is only selling DOT approved motorcycle leathers. I hope to have the hex fabric worked out by Feb. I've added a metalic fleck to my formula so now it has a bit of a shimmer in the light which looks awesome!

Awesome! i can't wait to see it completely done man! and i know what you mean by too many projects going on at once :)

Where in Colorado are you? cause if your in CO Springs then i have a buddy down there that when your done he may be able to just pick it up from you XD

Will you be doing the full suits only or will you have the option of full suits or just the fabric?

Well good luck on your disk kit and i can't wait till the fabric is done!

Thanks man!

Hi,
This is David from UD Replicas. :cool
Our TRON LEGACY movie replica motorcycle suits are incredibly accurate replicas of what was seen on film...down to the raised hexagon 'silicone' printed fabric. That said, we don't sell parts or materials from these suits and only the finished garments themselves.
Sorry if we missed your email but myself being proud member of the RPF...I'm able to answer you here openly just the same. :thumbsup

Loving all the Tron costume work you guys are doing!
Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!!!

David

I can vouch for David and the amazing work they do at UDR as I've seen the suits in person at SDCC last year. It was a pleasure meeting you as well David. :cheers

Soulinertia, Just so you know... I'm on the list for some fabric :)

I'm going with a neoprene wetsuit for the under layer, so I probably won't need a full suit made. Just some yards of fabric to cover up the wetsuit, and maybe some gloves ;)

Thanks for the information David! I was hoping that you would be able to sell it as fabric but i understand.

Soulinertia, looks like so far you are the only one i know of on the net that is making the fabric so i am sure you will be really busy filling in orders when you have time to get to it XD

Good luck on the kits and i will definitely be watching this thread a lot to see what happens!

As soon as I finish this first run of disc kits I'll be dedicating my time to the hex fabric! I'm looking into doing full spandex suits ;)

fantastic silkscreen. i am definitely interested in the fabric as well for a background to the shadowbox for the disc (just like you had it pictured). please keep us informed :)

Sooooo, I have a question. Dont be afraid to say no to this! ^^;; But I was wondering about your pattern, is it a possibility that you could just send the pattern? Like just a picture of the pattern, flat of course. I have seen the picture of it hanging from your arm, but if you dont mind id really enjoy having a copy of this so I could try my hand at making my own. If the answer is no then no worries! ^^ Ill just keep on working! I just figured I should ask first!

Thanks a lot!

Hi, everybody! I am new to the site. I am attempting to make two Tron Legacy costumes for conventions later this year. I found this AWESOME site from google. All the info on here has been great and seeing everyones costumes has been amazing.

Soulinertia, I love to purchase the hexagon fabric from you, it looks great! I can not find that fabric anywhere.

Thanks! ^_^

I knew there had to be some Coloradans building these suits! Very nice work you've achieved, Soulternia. The fabric, the discs, the tape exploration...all very useful to others as well. Can't wait to see you get back to your suit and see progress!

Thank you for the update Soul!

Not to bug you or anything, but what are your rough ideas as to what you may charge for the full spandex suits? PM me if that would be easier :)

I am planning on making two full user suits by halloween and one siren costume.

We are about to begin doing body casts of ourselves so we can sculpt the "armor" onto it so it will be form fitting to our bodies this next week!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back