my Ghostbusters props

Thanks, Yep! I've been working on collecting the props since 2011.

Small trap update...

DSC04388.JPG

Here's a thread on GBFans that has some good reference pics of the front knobs on the trap in the Sedgewick ballroom scene.

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22321

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we safely assume you've pre-ordered the new Spirit Halloween trap & PKE meter? What are your opinions of those?

I heard the traps were selling out at both the Spirit site and the Spencer's site (which only had them for a couple of weeks, if that), so when my buddies Wade and Monica made an opening-day visit to a physical Spirit store an hour away today, I had them nab me the only other trap they saw. Haven't opened it yet.

Alex

I heard the traps were selling out at both the Spirit site and the Spencer's site (which only had them for a couple of weeks, if that), so when my buddies Wade and Monica made an opening-day visit to a physical Spirit store an hour away today, I had them nab me the only other trap they saw. Haven't opened it yet.

Alex

Hello, I'm outside USA (Europe) and we can't connect Spirit Halloween (RGPD, privacy laws etc) but I have familiy in Michigan. Can you confirm they could find Ghostbusters trap in Spirit Halloween Stores? They are not sold out in USA?
Thanks

Damien

Hello, I'm outside USA (Europe) and we can't connect Spirit Halloween (RGPD, privacy laws etc) but I have familiy in Michigan. Can you confirm they could find Ghostbusters trap in Spirit Halloween Stores? They are not sold out in USA?

The traps are sold out online, but your family might be able to find the items in a physical store. Tell them to hurry, Wade said he heard each store was only getting two or three Traps at most, and would not get any more back in.

Then again, Spirit employees are by definition temporary hires, and their info may not always be correct.

Alex

Sniffer progress!

DSC04509.JPG

Rather than apply the reproduction sticker on top of the existing gauge, I made a new gauge plate from the same aluminum sheeting I bought for the sides of my trap.

DSC04508.JPG

I used the score and snap method, then dremeled out the semicircular notch.

DSC04511.JPG

I then installed it in the analog gauge.

I felt like the surgical tubing was way too long, so I consulted several frames of the movie and other behind-the-scenes shots.

Frame from Commercial Shoot bulb down.jpgVenkman Sniffer 2.jpg

When it would dangle free, the surgical tubing always seemed to be right at 3.5 aspirator bulbs long.

DSC04513.JPG

Since I'd sourced a real Bacharach bulb, I used that to calculate the measurement. It came out to just under 12" so I cut the tubing at an even foot.

DSC04514.JPG

I also sourced ONE slide fastener that looks much more like the movie prop. I just need to strip the paint off of it. Man, I hope that metal is silver under there.

DSC04532.JPG

After debating way too long on what adhesive to use, I finally settled on carpet tape to apply the metal labels to the sides.

DSC04533.JPG

Very nearly done.

Alex

Last edited:
Paint stripper didn't do a thing to that slide fastener, so I had to sand it. Yay, the metal underneath WAS silver.

DSC04539.JPG

Here's a closeup of the previous fasteners I was using.

DSC04541.JPG

Here's what the screen-used slide fasteners looked like.

Stantz slide fastener.jpg Venkman slide fastener.jpg

And here's the newly sanded slide fastener in place.

DSC04542.JPG

If anyone can source me more of these, let me know.

The only manufacturer info I have is a W inside a circle on the back of it.

DSC04538.JPG

Would love to get two unpainted silver ones. and change out both.

Alex

buckle.jpg
This is on eBay. It is about 1 inch. 382363888485 is the item number. (cut and paste into the search box)
Make sure and select 25mm B style plate from the drop-down menus. Hopefully, it's solid and you can file it to the right shape.

View attachment 845012
This is on eBay. It is about 1 inch. 382363888485 is the item number. (cut and paste into the search box)
Make sure and select 25mm B style plate from the drop-down menus. Hopefully, it's solid and you can file it to the right shape.

I originally bought four very similar 'triglide' slides to those, from a company called StrapWorks, for about a quarter each.

The reason I bought four was, I had hoped to bend them outward slightly into that more oval shape, but they were way too sturdy for that. The extra two were backups if I broke the two I was oval-izing, but I didn't make so much as a mark on them.

It was sheer luck I happened upon an old suitcase strap while in another town, and thought "wow, that metal slide totally looks like it would be the right shape".

I looked around for more straps like it, to no avail.

Alex

Last edited:
I originally bought four very similar 'triglide' slides to those, from a company called StrapWorks, for about a quarter each.

Alex

Okay, I found the StrapWorks site. Did you buy the ONE inch slides ? Is that the right size for the straps to go through ?

Sorry if someone already addressed this.

I bought the PKE Meter from Spirit Online and overall it looks pretty good and the effects are decent for the price. Once I pop off this silly belt clip it'll be a good to go for a convention!

55970595687__9BAA647F-A255-48C6-B2B5-FE53DF13D7EF-2.JPG

However, if you're going to order something from Spirit, definitely try getting it in store if you can. Spirit's online store shipped this in a plastic bag so the packaging was completely crushed.

IMG_5408.JPG

As a result, one of the lights on the left wing is out. So now I'm trying to exchange it. Pain in the butt.

Matt

Hi Matt,

This is mainly a thread devoted to my personal collection, and only about three people ever really seem to drop in and read my updates. You might get more traffic if you made a different thread about this.

But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to help, so despite me not owning this item, here's a little extra advice.

Over on Facebook, and in threads on GBFans, I have seen MULTIPLE people complain about the lights on their Spirit PKE Meters being defective. So even though their plastic shipping bag is obviously a bad policy, there's no guarantee the lights all worked *before* they shipped it that way. One guy said he had numerous defective lights on his.

So, as an added caveat to what Matt said about buying them in store in possible, if there are several of them available, be sure to test them out in the store and watch to see if all of the lights actually light up.

Alex

, and only about three people ever really seem to drop in and read my updates.

If you hover over a picture linked in a post, it shows you the number of views.The PKE meter above shows 9 views, which means people do visit your thread. Just not so many post responses.
Having said that, I am proud to announce that my Google-Fu has succeeded . I found the exact tri-glide. The link is here :

https://www.ahh.biz/hardware/military/tri-glides/tri-glides-wide_sided_steel_25mm_milspec.php#view3

and here's the picture to confirm.

triglide.jpg

It is STEEL and painted that weird color that you'll have to sand off, just like the one you found. I even think I see a letter stamped on it in the same place. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back