Han Solo ESB Cheap Jacket Replica

RagleGumm

Hey all, I'm currently on a huge Han Solo kick - I'm working on a budget build of the ESB DL44 and am after a cheap ESB jacket for general wear probably more than actual costuming.

I stumbled across this on eBay for £41 from seller tianxinbaby which is (of course) a cheap Chinese costume makers.

I know it's obviously not SA but seems to capture the spirit of the original jacket quite well. My question is is there anything glaringly off with it? Additionally, does anyone own one and if so, what do you think? Anyone used this seller before?

Many thanks in advance!

RG
db25d3e7e80431043309256ab24160fc.jpg
81059f9031c9e17d78493097b18cb327.jpg
881cd5667125fb3c3415e9a3b3c802ed.jpg

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

It's close but I don't think that's your biggest problem. These costume jackets usually hang, with no structure, and look loose and messy. The thin (cheap) material doesn't help. Sure, it looks great on the form they tailored it to but once you put it on and start walking around it will pull in all the wrong places and you will always look sloppy. And for every day wear? Forget it!(I speak from experience!)
However, if you're interested, I may be able to help. Drop me a line.

Nice offer and good insight Funky! If a person is handy with a sewing machine, the cheap Ebay specials can be used for a template with better quality material then tweaked as needed.

Nice offer and good insight Funky! If a person is handy with a sewing machine, the cheap Ebay specials can be used for a template with better quality material then tweaked as needed.
That's also great info. Thanks to both yourself and Funky for the help! It's greatly appreciated.

RG

I will never buy from the hundreds of ebay offerings from the Chinese. I did that once for a ROTJ Luke and it was garbage....pure utter garbage and that is being generous.

I would stay way from them no matter how cheap they are.

I will never buy from the hundreds of ebay offerings from the Chinese. I did that once for a ROTJ Luke and it was garbage....pure utter garbage and that is being generous.

I would stay way from them no matter how cheap they are.
Hey Vader45. Thanks for the response! Seems the general consensus is to steer clear. Rest assured, I will!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a similar jacket off the rack or ask my wife if she might eventually be able to make a similar one for me - does anyone know of a pattern available online?

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

RG

Hey Vader45. Thanks for the response! Seems the general consensus is to steer clear. Rest assured, I will!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a similar jacket off the rack or ask my wife if she might eventually be able to make a similar one for me - does anyone know of a pattern available online?

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

RG

Anovos sells a very well made ESB Han Solo set! Their quality is super! If you are interested get it before they sell out....the pre ordering stage isnt their strong point.....Pricey but they offer installment plans. I did that when I ordered my TK Kit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back