Episode 7 F-11D Blaster Rifle (COMPLETE)

I've really enjoyed watching this come together. Also looking forward to kit info!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. This has been a very fun project to work on.

I started the molds over the weekend.

IMG_1673_zps5ukrfn3p.jpg

IMG_1674_zpsrkeyo0kz.jpg

Thanks everyone. This has been a very fun project to work on.

I started the molds over the weekend.

Looking nice and smooth! I don't envy you casting the part though. So many little spots for bubbles to get stuck but with some finess I"m sure you'll get it. That and if you have it big enough, the help of a pressure pot!

Will this be a solid part or will you end up casting it so it's hollow?

Looking nice and smooth! I don't envy you casting the part though. So many little spots for bubbles to get stuck but with some finess I"m sure you'll get it. That and if you have it big enough, the help of a pressure pot!

Will this be a solid part or will you end up casting it so it's hollow?
Thanks. A new mold always takes a few test pulls to get it right. Unfortunately this part will be too big for my pressure chamber. I'm aiming to cast this part hollow, and the magazine and hengstler hollow. The rest will be solid for durability. This is definitely the most intricate props I have molded. But I like the challenge.

Justinian, I know you are making a mold but that first photo looks so good for an instant I thought "wow at is a real blaster set in a block of cosmoline for long term storage."

Those are going to be some great parts when finished!

The cleaned up parts look awesome! Super excited to get mine, I'm hoping to find the time to get it done for Halloween if it gets here soon.

i am very impress by your amazing job, my hat off.
Congrats.
Would be, also, "very interested in a kit of this if they'll be available"

Justinian, I know you are making a mold but that first photo looks so good for an instant I thought "wow at is a real blaster set in a block of cosmoline for long term storage."

Those are going to be some great parts when finished!
Thanks. But somehow I can't help but think that cosmoline would not mix well with a blaster. Too much electrical parts. lol
The cleaned up parts look awesome! Super excited to get mine, I'm hoping to find the time to get it done for Halloween if it gets here soon.
It's going to be close, but a few kits might be available then.

It's been a very busy week. Life got in the way, and really slowed the molding process down. This whole real job thing can be a pain sometimes.

But Progress goes on. More mold boxes all clay d up.
IMG_1679_zpsjovv7fal.jpg

Then lots of rubber.
IMG_1680_zpsggy8afru.jpg

This prop has more parts than any other kit I have put together. Even though I have simplified, and combined quite a few of them together. All that is left to mold is the magazine and the hengstler. I will be finishing those up tomorrow. Then test casting, and hopefully the first kits will be ready by the end of the week.

It's not set in stone, but kits should become available next week.

Update time. The molds are complete!

IMG_1704_zpsbxlisatx.jpg

And the test pull is complete!

IMG_1706_zpsz5wfhkbw.jpg

There are only a few small imperfections. Overall this is a very close to perfect casting.
IMG_1707_zpsoykwiqlq.jpg

Just a few minor adjustments, and then I'll be sending a few kits on to JJ Griffin. Kits should be available very soon...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back