Space Ship Int. / Garage Build (Bay 05)

You should hook everything up through Amazon Echo and then upon entering you can just request lights on and all monitors to come on. Plus you can ask it to play soundtrack music and other questions. It would be your own personal HAL. :lol

Would it be unsafe to wrap the conduit around the PVC pipes coming out of the boiler? They look slim enough to fit inside. Provided, of course, it would ultimately fit your aesthetic.

Love this! Can't wait to get my own place to be able to do this. Outstanding work!

That's a great Idea, we'll do that! Thanks,
More progress photos this weekend, More tubes more led lights etc. This is the fun stuff!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You should hook everything up through Amazon Echo and then upon entering you can just request lights on and all monitors to come on. Plus you can ask it to play soundtrack music and other questions. It would be your own personal HAL. :lol

That's awesome, I am bummed that the LED panels need to be turned on at the unit, if they are on and I cut power then turn the power back on you still need to hit the on button.
But love your idea!!

I am bummed that the LED panels need to be turned on at the unit, if they are on and I cut power then turn the power back on you still need to hit the on button.
But love your idea!!

I was going to suggest a remote switch, but it seems from your post that they go into a standby mode (?).

This is a thing of beauty. This honestly looks better than some legit film sets I've seen.... ummm.... can I live in your garage?

I know.... it’s almost looks as if Al is a professional set/prop master kind of guy. ;)

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Your awesome, Thanks for that, the fun part is that when I'm working I'm usually paying the high dollars for everything, this is all my daughter and I on a budget, hand on, so fun!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I know, right?:D

Nice!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Here we are a bit father along, a few more LEDs, and tubes, and I found these great orange anodized Honda Civic lower control arms that where pretty cheap and they look sick!!!
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg6.jpg

Your awesome, Thanks for that, the fun part is that when I'm working I'm usually paying the high dollars for everything, this is all my daughter and I on a budget, hand on, so fun!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice!!!!

Talent.... real talent... is being able to take the cheap and make it look like a blockbuster film. You’ve nailed it!

How are you powering the LEDs?

They are actually just 2 strands of LED Christmas lights, the flat round tipped ones, so of about a hundred lights we are only using the ones you see, the rest are just inside cases, simple and effective!!

Ok, so they can come on with a wall switch then. Thanks.

Just have to say again, I love this. I do feel a little better knowing now, that you do this kind of thing for a living, right?

If you can post a link to these panels and some pictures of the back I'm sure we can figure a way to bypass the power switch so they turn on when power is supplied, they probably have a LED "constant current" driver inside. Could you use some Liquid Neon tubes, I'll donate two if interested, send a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so they can come on with a wall switch then. Thanks.

Just have to say again, I love this. I do feel a little better knowing now, that you do this kind of thing for a living, right?

Yes exactly, they both come on with a wall switch, and I am the Prop Master on the TV Show "Criminal Minds" just finishing my 13th year on the show, so I just do Props professionally, so this is just fun and we are making it up as we go.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can post a link to these panels and some pictures of the back I'm sure we can figure a way to bypass the power switch so they turn on when power is supplied, they probably have a LED "constant current" driver inside. Could you use some Liquid Neon tubes, I'll donate two if interested, send a PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNfFJyhCJZ4&feature=youtu.be

I'll post some pictures in a bit have to run out right now! Thanks for the offer.

Last edited:
Really Nice Work

Believe me I know what a Juggernaut both Financially and Time Wise this can be

C

Last edited by a moderator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNfFJyhCJZ4&feature=youtu.be

Love this, and I'll take you up on that offer, PM sent! I have an extra LED Panel I'll shoot a couple of pictures to see if you have an Idea on those.
Thanks,
AL & HannaH

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back