Any one good with circuits and electronics?

Then the external amp should work if wired correctly, can I ask a dumb question, is it doing anything or is the setup totally dead?:unsure

No such thing as a stupid question ;-) there is power getting to the sound board, and if I bridge the ground to the activators then I can hear sound if I plug in earphones into the earphone socket. But that’s it nothing else is working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your picture from post #164, I don't see any power leads going to the amp and as "jintosh" noted, the input was hooked up incorrectly, was the photo taken before you added the wires for power?

In your picture from post #164, I don't see any power leads going to the amp and as "jintosh" noted, the input was hooked up incorrectly, was the photo taken before you added the wires for power?

I was trying to figure out how to run the input for the sound and the power, I was confused as to which went to where. I may look into the sound board with built in amp to avoid needing the mess around of a separate amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I suggest you try one more time with your pictured setup but wire like the picture here. Connect the Right output from the sound board to Right + on the amp, Left output from the sound board to Left + on the amp, both Right and Left - to ground of the setup but this time be sure to short at least one of the gain pins at the bottom of the amp, start with the "9db" pins, just wrap a wire around them to start with and let me know if that works.

Amp setup.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back