Parks Sabers

Maybe someone here has the coil from the bottom of a Parks Graflex after converting it into a FX Saber, I need one. :)

The battery spring? I have one. That will be...

Kidding. I of course not being a Premium member, cannot sell here.... but it is one million dollars. ;) I would hook you up but rules are rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I received my order, and... well. :unsure, guess it's ok for a FX Saber, but definitively will be selling it, I did not received the custom made bottom with no sound holes as requested, that extra $20 dlls charge was for the shipping. Not going to complain, I'm not keeping it anyway.
Since you've recently purchased the 2.0 from Parks, I was wondering if the Graflex logo is stamped on the clamp or not?

Couldn't quite tell from his website's rendering, or from other members who've received their orders.

"For the Jedi it is time to eat as well"

Since you've recently purchased the 2.0 from Parks, I was wondering if the Graflex logo is stamped on the clamp or not?

Couldn't quite tell from his website's rendering, or from other members who've received their orders.

I got mine and the answers to your question is No. The clamp only has the lines on it. No G R A F L E X stamp.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I got mine and the answers to your question is No. The clamp only has the lines on it. No G R A F L E X stamp.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Thanks very much!

I think I like the idea of it being left off. They aren't genuine Graflex parts anyway.

It's been a while since parks stopped stamping GRAFLEX on the clamps.

Any way to get a shot of what youre seeing down the tube (assembled)? I ordered one for a static prop, assuming I could work around the EFX leanings. But if its made to accept blades, I may have to order a graflex plug, and apparently source a non drilled endcap. I just want something a little closer to "real" than what it looks like ill be getting.

I ordered a MPP yesterday.
I couldn't pay via credit card cause I'm from Greece and we still have capital controls and Greek credit cards can't be used to buy stuff outside Greece.

So I emailed Parks if I can use PayPal. Jeff replied after 15-20 mins giving me a quotation for the MPP and shipping with his paypal account.
I payed then I realised he was talking just for the hilt and I wanted a Phase blade!

So I email him again telling him to change the order for a Phase blade MPP and he replied after a couple hours updating the cost and resending me his paypal account.

He was very polite I must say.
He told me the wait time is 14-18 weeks because now after the Ep7 he's very busy and I can understand that.

Well I won't order another Parks till I receive this one first.
Buy I plan to check other manufacturers.

Wolf

I Was going to order the 3 pack for my 50th birthday to convert the MPP to the ESB version (already got the ESB graflex) but Is it still available? Certainly gives good value for static props which I am interested in.

I see from some posters that they have the Graflex 2.0, how does this compare to the previous v1 apart from the EL stuff which is seriously putting me off

I Was going to order the 3 pack for my 50th birthday to convert the MPP to the ESB version (already got the ESB graflex) but Is it still available? Certainly gives good value for static props which I am interested in.

Somebody here recently got one, but since Jeff says he discontinued the V1 Graflex since January I don't think it's going to be available, it's not even on his page anymore.

I see from some posters that they have the Graflex 2.0, how does this compare to the previous v1 apart from the EL stuff which is seriously putting me off

The V2 is less accurate to a vintage graflex, it has anodized aluminum red buttons, the glass-eye is not real, it is completely made of metal and even the "glass" part is chromed, the beer tab is bend down at the middle so it doesn't push the red button up, and it can be removed and put back again, the brass pins are a little smaller, and has hex button head screws to keep the top body with the clamp in place, above the glass eye and on the bunny ears to keep them in place, I really prefer the button head screw with the bunny ears since it's stronger than the slotted screw that was used before.

Last edited:
Somebody here recently got one, but since Jeff says he discontinued the V1 Graflex since January I don't think it's going to be available, it's not even on his page anymore.

The V2 is less accurate to a vintage graflex, it has anodized aluminum red buttons, the glass-eye is not real, it is completely made of metal and even the "glass" part is chromed, the beer tab is bend down at the middle so it doesn't push the red button up, and it can be removed and put back again, the brass pins are a little smaller, and has hex button head screws to keep the top body with the clamp in place, above the glass eye and on the bunny ears to keep them in place, I really prefer the button head screw with the bunny ears since it's stronger than the slotted screw that was used before.

A question for those who received the 2.0- is it possible to bend the beer tab straight before installation??

I received one two weeks ago. I ordered before the change on his website (Sept time frame) and before finding the threads on the 2.0. I was a bit disappointed when I received it, but the new assembly is growing on me. I ordered the ESB Phase and received a chrome glass eye and anodized red button, which are the only parts I am not happy with (other than holes in the bottom, which may come in handy later). I have emailed Mr. Parks twice since I received it about replacing the chromed "glass eye" with another red button and have received no response.

If you flatten the tab, it will make it a bit longer because of the bend, you could trim it down some with a dremmil though. I have not really looked at that aspect because I cannot get my red button to come loose, it is very tight and I have not tried tools on it.

is there a window at the emitter? where the light would shine through? image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 112
oops, I didn't specify my question haha my apologies!

I meant do these Parks sabers have that window? I love that detail of the original graflex and am wondering if it carries on to this. I'm really considering ordering one of these

I have one that is waiting to be built.

My only issues with it are.

The buttons are metal and not plastic.

The beer tab is not straight.

The Kobolt ring is shiny and cheap looking.

The Clamp Card is silver not gold.

and,my biggest gripe is the glass eye, since its just all metal. Would of loved to have it be hollow(so you can add your own "glass") and use the same design as one of the buttons
(the threaded pin is hollowed)

Though swapping them out for replica parts is still cost effective vs how much Graflexs are going for now.

That being said.

I think every thing else is flawlessly machined. It is made in a way that is more secure and rigid than a real Graflex.

Most people do not like the rotj style grip,but I think it adds something to it , even tho I do not like the 7/8. (TCSS and VV are working on a 1" adapter for this. )

I was pleasantly surprised the level of detail of the clamp and the hole upper portion as well as the easy to install grips. ( I can only imagine what it would be like screwing up the drilling on a real Graflex)

It has its flaws but its easy to fix.

Just seen the The Graflex Know 2.0, that is an awesome lightsaber, any one if they make a Vader one with all that detail? And the best place to buy one? Thank you for
any help

- - - Updated - - -

Just seen the The Graflex Know 2.0, that is an awesome lightsaber, any one if they make a Vader one with all that detail? And the best place to buy one? Thank you for
any help

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back