Neill Blomkamp's Chappie (Post-release)

Re: Neill Blomkamp's Chappie

I freaking love Blomkap. I got chills from the trailer.

He doesn't just make awesome scifi movies with crazy effects. He always seems to explore really tense and emotional themes as well. D9 was the first scifi movie I had seen in a long time that actually brought out the feels.

Looks like it could be called...
Short Circuit 3: Slumdog "Real Steel" Automata
;)

Last edited:

Yeah, the premise itself isn't anything that hasn't been done before, but despite that it looks like this could bring something new to the genre. I have a friend at school that got into an advance screening a while back and certainly had no shortage of good things to say about the film...I'll be looking forward to seeing this.

I already have a bad feeling about the ending, though. :(

Yay Die Antwoord!

Good to finally see they got full production rolls with Blomkamp.

Last edited:

Heartstrings fully pulled!

This could be GREAT...

Yeah, "it's been done" -ish...

But I already love this guy.

Haven't really cared about much coming out other than ep7 and avengers 2...

Followed this thread a bit, but just saw the trailer...

I've already watched it 4 times in 30 mins.

Only watched the avengers twice since it came out...

PLUS, he's kind of a gundam-jonE5-3p0...

Pretty damn cool.

I didn't make it through the real steel trailer...

This looks like it could have some actual substance...

I hope you guys are joking...

So... It's Short Circuit, without the electricity being the cause of it being self aware?

Looks neat, although the whole "anti-robot" and humans destroying what they don't understand is becoming a played out theme... at least for me.

I get that people are ignorant and closed minded.... but I have a hard time believing people would be this much against robots with AI.

I'll totally see it though.

Looks neat, although the whole "anti-robot" and humans destroying what they don't understand is becoming a played out theme... at least for me.

I get that people are ignorant and closed minded.... but I have a hard time believing people would be this much against robots with AI.

I'll totally see it though.

People just want to destroy stuff in general, not understanding something is just a convenient focal point for this urge.

While I thought Elysium was a rather pedestrian sci fi story, I loved District 9 and am so looking forward to this!

As has been pointed out the themes of AI and/or robots- are they like us, do they deserve the respect of humanity have been done before but the brilliance should be in the telling. Folks are going on about Interstellar yet the whole, "earth is dying, we need to find another planet to live on" isn't exactly original either.

Here's hoping Blomkamp delivers! :cheers

After watching the trailer. I have absolutely zero interest in this movie. I enjoyed Elysium in a mindless kind of way. And I'm sorry to say I never saw D9. But this movie just looks boring and like a rehash of other movies we've already seen.

Gentle Giant has the license to produce collectibles for this, including a master toy license (a first for them, if I'm not mistaken). Should be very interesting.

After watching the trailer. I have absolutely zero interest in this movie. I enjoyed Elysium in a mindless kind of way. And I'm sorry to say I never saw D9. But this movie just looks boring and like a rehash of other movies we've already seen.
I think Elysium had some cool moments, but largely didn't live up to its potential.

Don't see Chappie. But you should consider seeing District 9. Some would say it isn't anything special or great, but I consider it to be one of the best modern sci-fi movies post- 2000.

- - - Updated - - -

Gentle Giant has the license to produce collectibles for this, including a master toy license (a first for them, if I'm not mistaken). Should be very interesting.
Wow..didn't know this. And they are getting into making figures..very cool :). Any links regarding this news?

I think Elysium had some cool moments, but largely didn't live up to its potential.

Don't see Chappie. But you should consider seeing District 9. Some would say it isn't anything special or great, but I consider it to be one of the best modern sci-fi movies post- 2000.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow..didn't know this. And they are getting into making figures..very cool :). Any links regarding this news?

No links yet, but I'm sure there will be some kind of timed, official announcement of what they'll be doing. I was told about CHAPPIE directly by GG while meeting with them at SDCC for an article (at the time it was earlier in the process so nothing could be said). And it was recently confirmed to me by them again via email that they indeed are moving forward with CHAPPIE products. No details, and I think they're just waiting on final studio approvals before showing and announcing any of the items. But it's happening. :) So I'd expect we'll hear (and probably SEE) something from them very, very soon. ;)

I'm definitely excited about it myself!

I guess I really didn't see too much of the comedy aspect of the films trailer but who knows. I have a feeling this one is going to be sad.

That's great Carl, thanks for confirming all those details :). I look forward to their announcement.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back