So, I got this Heiland flashgun...

So, I'd like to ask you for your opinion here. I'll show you 4 possible configurations here for the shroud and the buttons. Tell me which one of these looks best, or if I should cut up / mod any of the buttons in order to get it even more accurate. Bear in mind that when the shroud is turned so the bulb-release is on top, the holes in the flshgun are wrong. The Heiland script should be on top, but the bulb-release is opposite side then...

Sent from my GT-N7000
I like #2 personally.

Hi there,

Nice work in progress . . . if you have a D-ring and carefully drill a smaller hole in the shroud and then use
a file to open that hole up in size to fit your D-ring you should be all set to finishing this nice DV lightsaber project.

-Chaim

My clamp from Blast-tech arrived today. Needs some fitting and then I can stick on the grips...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

All coming together now... uploadfromtaptalk1368201018039.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368201036056.jpg

And I think I got an idea for a nice display...
The endcap features a thread for mounting the flash on a tripod... I found a screw that fits the thread, so I might display the saber upright on some round base, what do you think?

and what about the D-ring in the shroud ... here's a picture of mine ... and yes drilled into a vintage MPP :

and here's the real ROTJ MPP ... to show you how the D-ring is attached to give you some inspiration :

-Chaim

Awesome! I love how it's turning out...

This is probably going to be my first replica project... I bought a heiland a while back that is waiting at my friend's in the States (I'm in Canada). I bought it in my new found excitement to build replica sabers, and I'm pretty sure I jumped the gun and it's not quite the right heiland to use. I think the cutaways are more square than rounded... which doesn't seem to be the case with yours. Kinda crappy since if you have to go Heiland over MPP, you kinda want the right heiland.

Oh well... it will still be fun.

Two more shots. Fine-tuned the grips to my liking and added rubber rings to the clamp. Now I only need a stand....

uploadfromtaptalk1368621362117.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368621375177.jpg

Patience... As soon as I come across a correct-looking D-Ring I'll start worrying about that.

Well do you like the D-ring I used for my real MPP? ... I have about 9 left ... only thing you need to do is alter the shape as I did or I'll do it for you ... and they also come with a natural weathering nowadays ... ha,ha,ha

-Chaim

Well, I've yet to find a good ring, but there's also the question of drilling the holes into the resin shroud. I'm afrzid it might chip or break or something. I still have the real Heiland shroud as a backup, but it's less screen-accurate.

I ruined a resin shroud when drilling the d-ring holes, so I understand your hesitation. I planned to cut a ring and drill two shallow holes instead of risking to break the shroud when drilling through... maybe not totally accurate, but a bit safer IMO. Food for thought. Oh, and PM coming to you...

Thanks foe the PM. ;) As you said, it's risky business. I'm sure the original (metal) shroud would be safer to drill, but I prefer the accuracy of the resin one. Even at the expense of a D-Ring... :(

As I mentioned before ... I have 9 smaller D-rings left from the batch I purchased for the one
I needed for my MPP lightsaber project. Send me a PM if you'd like to pick and purchase 1 of 9.

Since it is resin/plastic might I suggest drilling it with a sharp piercer or needle by ... eh hand?
That way ... you have still all control to punch through and not a dremel or other drill-machine.

-Chaim

Necro-posting here, I'm literally in the same boat! Your saber turned out beautiful. I may not change my endcaps (so I can make two) but I have a shroud that I CAN re-paint. Crinkle paint sounds challenging

Necro-posting here

I'm glad you resurrected this thread. I just stumbled across it this even and what a happy accident. I just received my Heiland Synchronar today. I got it for a steal on evilbay. So I'm about to under take this very same project.

Reelo, you did a fantastic job on this. Now I need to start my search for parts. Wish me luck.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back