Luke's green TLJ lightsaber design thread

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

Using some of the great reference photos that were posted a couple months ago, along with screen shots, I've updated my Luke TLJ model.

Here are the most recent shots.

model 642018.jpg
model 642018b.jpg
model 642018c.jpg
attachment.php

I've sent the model off to Roy to do some overlays, like he did for my last v2 project.

What do you guys think so far?

Also, I'm unsure what I should do with this in terms of a potential run. I'm guessing that there won't be nearly as much interest in this saber as there was with the v2. I'd need to get a critical mass of interest to make a run happen and I'm wondering if it would make sense to do a static hilt cheaply or a fx ready hilt with an increased price tag. What would make sense to you all?

Last edited:
Re: Luke's green TJL lightsaber design thread

Depending on price, I'd be interested. Static is fine for me.

Did you notice the typo in the thread title?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

If I ever get some castings of my finished prints it would be fun to compare them. I got some tough competition here with our tlj sabers at almost the same time. Haha. You’re model is looking really good so far!

I dig so far. I'd be curious to see what a static non-fx hilt would run.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I dig so far. I'd be curious to see what a static non-fx hilt would run.

It depends on how many people show interest and what size run I can get going.

Also, what do you guys think on scale. This is something I haven't quite been able to work out since there are no found parts to start with. I'm thinking around 11.25 or 11.5

It depends on how many people show interest and what size run I can get going.

Also, what do you guys think on scale. This is something I haven't quite been able to work out since there are no found parts to start with. I'm thinking around 11.25 or 11.5

I always assumed base handle diameter to be 1.5” and control box 2” long. This matches the Graflex clamp which I believe was the common deniminator in the shared stunt.
But with all the castings-and-what-not, who knows the actual measurements any more?

I can check my model this afternoon but can’t imagine it should be more accurate than yours.

cheers,
es

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I started with before the new pictures. But now that I've done a bunch of scaling and design work, if I stick with that, I get a saber that seems way too long.

I would think the saber would be slightly slimmer than 1.5". Isn't the ROTJ "hero" (not the v2) a slimmer base diameter? I would scale to that as opposed to the 2x1.5" graflex clamp-type dimensions.

Non fx for me, but either way it’s a new starkiller I have to add to my collection!

This was the version I was working on, last saved in march, it was based on the white glove. Base handle is 38 mm and length without the nipple is 280 mm.

From there on everybody was throwing out numbers and theories.. I got more and more confused, in the end I just gave up and got in on a run... :)

v4.jpg
v4_2.jpg

It was roughed up in 3ds Max and finalized in Fusion. These are screen grabs from Max.

cheers,
es

I've got Roy working on this. Basicly my idea is, In the pictures of the resin TLJ Luke saber, the prop was sitting on an acrylic stand. Now, at that same exhibit, the Graflex hero prop was on a similar stand. So, assuming that the stands are uniform in size and shape, I thought that if we could use the graflex dimensions to figure out the Creepy Uncle dimensions. I know that Roy already have the whole graflex modeled. So, I figured that if he could do a comparison using that model and come up with a size for the stand then then by extension a size for the Creepy Uncle.

I've got Roy working on this. Basicly my idea is, In the pictures of the resin TLJ Luke saber, the prop was sitting on an acrylic stand. Now, at that same exhibit, the Graflex hero prop was on a similar stand. So, assuming that the stands are uniform in size and shape, I thought that if we could use the graflex dimensions to figure out the Creepy Uncle dimensions. I know that Roy already have the whole graflex modeled. So, I figured that if he could do a comparison using that model and come up with a size for the stand then then by extension a size for the Creepy Uncle.

Genius!

I'm fine with either static or fx. If you decide to produce the static, will it be resin like the one seen in some shots/BTS/on display?

Maybe this is the wrong thread and maybe this «epiphany» has occurred before, but I’m relatively new to the lore of light saber prop scrutiny..
However I got thinking. If the shared stunts were cast resin and they shrunk, workshop duplicate inaccuracies etc maybe the controlbox was «invented» because the Graflex clamp did not fit the saber anymore?
(I know, I’m probably 10-15 years late)

es

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back