First Order Snowtrooper....who wants to get started on this?

You want a pepakura friendly model of that helmet, or a 3D printer model? Those complex curves around the (air filters?) look pretty hard to pep but I could get close.

thats what tackle twill is... except the typical is polypropelene. If it were Neoprene backed, this would be pretty darn heavy and I don't think the sleeves would have weight buckling like they do in the photos.

Do you have insider information on the material?

thats what tackle twill is... except the typical is polypropelene. If it were Neoprene backed, this would be pretty darn heavy and I don't think the sleeves would have weight buckling like they do in the photos.

Do you have insider information on the material?

This is strictly what the plaquered from the C7 display stated. We found something similar actually, which is neoprene, but the backing does resemble closely to the suit material.

Now if this is also taclke-twill, that'd lead us somewhere.

how thick is the neoprene you found, for the backer?

It would seem overtly heavy for a duster like that, and EXTREMELY hot.

I didn't get to see the display at SWCA, the lines were just too long by the time we found out about the display. So while yes, the placard says it was neoprene backed, I'm not entirely sure thats what the entire duster is made out of. But I would definitely like to see the material that you found.

I thought that some others might be interested in a reply that I got from Kamik:

Thank you for your email. We did make the Canuck boots in white for men
for our Winter 2012 collection , however we are now sold out of this
color and we will not be offering the color white for our Winter 2015-16
collection.

Thank you for your interest in Kamik.

So that would imply that the design had once been available in white in larger sizes as well...
Tracking them down - that is a different matter all together.

That said - perhaps if there was enough demand, they would reconsider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, unfortunately thats been attempted here. Companies won't bring back a shoe line (especially those in the designer industry) unless LOTS of money is to be made off of it.

You would be less pressed to find a local cobbler and have them sew you on some of the white fabric to the soles.

You could get away with 0.5mm neoprene whish is relatively thin. I made my alien costume with a 1mm wetsuit with about 23 latex parts glued to it and coated with plastidip. That was hot. 0.5mm is used in snorkeling suits so I don't think it would be that bad. Locating 0.5mm neoprene is the easy part. I have two samples of polyester jersey coming. I will post pictures to see which is closest to the texture pictured.

I'm definitely buying a couple pairs of these boots... In a couple of years they are going to be impossible to find like the Kenneth Cole reaction boots for jango fett.

Yea the sad thing is that despite my large size 15-16 foot size, I was able to acquire a size 16 pair of Kenneth Coles. Granted, they weren't the "pit crew" style, but they're the exact same sole, but made into a leather dress-shoe style.

Speaking of boots..

I got this in just the other day. Got them brand new in size 14, and they actually fit w/ the liner. Myself and my friend are working on this suit and we're going to be experimenting, though, I dropped $100 on these as I couldn't find size 14 elsewhere so far. We're going to look at some rubber adhesive paints. I'm thinking something along the lines of a dye that can actually stain the rubber. The nylon portion I was told can be dyed, but the boot-sleeves would cover this up anyways.

WvSKwP8.jpg

As I told anyone else interested AT ALL, get the boots while you can....

Got the white versions in this week. These are actually size 12's but they still fit alright even with the liner

YUuImp0.jpg

To add, I did another comparison for further verification of the accuracy of the Kamiks to the boots on display with the costume

D4KPGEI.jpg

I seriously don't feel these boots were custom made for the movie..

Hey guys,

Got my Kamiks in today. Working on modelling the backpack.

And started machining bits and pieces. First off is the helmet mic tip, for lack of a better name.

Start of machining \/
Wasili%20-%20Snowtrooper%20wip%20004.jpg

Nearly done \/
Wasili%20-%20Snowtrooper%20wip%20005.jpg

All pieces machined, the white ones (machined from styrene) still need assembling onto the larger part. \/
Wasili%20-%20Snowtrooper%20wip%20006.jpg

Sprayed in primer. I will finish this on my lathe, and add the groove on the side. After that the white bits. \/
Wasili%20-%20Snowtrooper%20wip%20007.jpg

Up next is the first part for the backpack....

Thanx for looking.

Cheers,
Wasili

Anyone have better pictures of the legs or know if the quilting on the pants meets on the side or comes to a V in the front? Getting ready to start sewing. Thanks

Thanks for starting this thread. As a huge snowtrooper fan I'll be watching this one. This is the only new costume I considered making in a very long time. Nice work all around - in research and in production

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back