NEW Blade Runner 2049 J.W. bottle - PICTURES PAGE 8

How does it taste compares to the standard B.L? Regular drinker of Black anyway but haven’t opened either of my bottles yet [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smokier and sweeter. More complicated layers than the BL

My $12 cibi knock-off whiskey glasses came in . . .

CnQUmfl.jpg

mxlJoT3.jpg

They are darker than pictured and more of a green glass rather than black as they were described. But I ain't complaining at this price. :D

Next to a legit one:
pJlKmVm.jpg

sBrCaMd.jpg

So I've been trying to hunt these down for the past two days, maybe some of this information will be useful to someone:

UK:
Amazon UK - Out of Stock and unknown resupply date, according to their customer service means it's unlikely to be restocked. Price was £99.99
Hard to Find Whiskey - Appears to be the only other retailer in the UK who had stock. Price was £99.99 but if restocked would be higher as it will likely be purchased from third parties.

EU:
Amazon.de (Website) - €90 seems to have stock based on the drop down.

US: (Summarizing info from this thread - should I tag the OPs?)
Halls Wine and Spirits in Colleyville, Texas - Called 12ish hours ago, had 4 bottle on their shelves at $62.99 (All prices here are without tax i assume - I'm not too knowledgeable on how it's done in America)
BevMo (CA, not sure of specific store) - Last checked looks like 2+ for $110.99 (w/o tax)
Costco (Denver, Park Meadows and Woodland Hills CA) - Unknown stock at $75-$89 (w/o tax)
The Whiskey Shop USA (Website) - $100 (tax is a ? here)
The Wine Rack NJ (Website) - $79.99 (w/o tax)
Canals Wine (Website) - $79.99 (w/o tax)

Quick note; most of these would not ship internationally or would only ship within their state so you may have to arrange something for postage. Also I can include links to make everything easier if that's not against the rules - just let me know if you want them.

I think that's an optical perspective trick. One of the bottles is further back than the other one . You can see the same thing happening with the regular Black Label bottles near the case.

Not sure its a perspective trick. After some searching today it appears the US stock is 750ml and the EU stock is 700ml. I'll wait on my bottles to confirm, but according to Amazon DE and UK pics and details they're 700ml

Last edited:
JADoble Interesting find, I wasn't aware there was ml difference. But then I focused mostly on finding a US seller so as to avoid the customs hassles.

Last edited by a moderator:
inetresting find indeed. I was also wondering if maybe the fact that those bottles didn't sell in France and some other countries was because of the 49% of alcohol. don't really know how to be sure but I just checked and it seems the limit in France is 45%! so, I guess this solves the mystery. Was is worth it for johnnie walker to do that little fun fact of doing a 49% alcohol, I don't know... It was certainly not worth it for most people in Europe :(

They are glass. Only slightly lighter at 1lb, 2oz, vs my cibi crystal that clocks in at 1lb, 5oz. If they were clear it would be pretty hard to tell the difference.

They are glass. Only slightly lighter at 1lb, 2oz, vs my cibi crystal that clocks in at 1lb, 5oz. If they were clear it would be pretty hard to tell the difference.

I was looking at these and was considering ordering some to go with my cibi and Bormioli glasses, but the shipping cost to the UK and import duty make that less attractive. Guess I will stick with what I already have ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1251.JPG
    DSCF1251.JPG
    465.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Nice. Are they glass? I assume not nearly as heavy as the Cibi's. ..

I have a pair of these glasses as well, and yeah they are actually almost as heavy as the Cibi. Its the thickness of the glass in the base. If they made them in clear, they would be perfect.

I can't believe it. I ordered 2 bottles from ReserveBar ages ago. I then received a notice that they ran out and had put me on a wait list. Fat chance right ?, But.. I just got a shipping notice that they're on there way. Awesome and just in time for the holidays.
Don Mac.

What a great find to go with the new bottles! Well done!

Found an interesting alternative to the Cibi knock off. These actually match the aesthetic of the bottle, and they're clear.
View attachment 773905
JoyJolt Carre Square Scotch Glasses, Old Fashioned Whiskey Glasses 10-Ounce, Ultra Clear Whiskey Glass for Bourbon and Liquor Set Of 2 Glassware available on amazon.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back