Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

@gizmo man thats a ton of money! I think the last movie I saw in the theater 4 times was the original Jurassic Park. I was 11, I remember having to wash cars and do chores to get the money to go! :lol

Lol. Over here we get cheap Tuesday which is half price. So with Force Awakens and R1 I've been taking advantage of that. Force Awakens I saw 5 times with my son and friends. ;)

Ben

Good find, B. Being a spoilerish type of guy, I watched all tv spots, clips etc before going in.
Some overseas moron posted on youtube comments the fate of everyone. That wasn't cool.
Then the Vader, Tarkin and last 5 min started in on the youtube feed.
Really throws you off what is not in the final cut. There's a bunch of vids that do comparison.
But this is one movie you have to go multi just to catch everything. Moves around way fast.

I saw STAR WARS 11 times the summer of '77.
Thats rad.
gizmo we used to have stuff like that out here, but nothing is ever cheaper than 10 bucks now a days, and those showings are during the week, before noon. So yeah, considering I have a job....not happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats rad.
@gizmo we used to have stuff like that out here, but nothing is ever cheaper than 10 bucks now a days, and those showings are during the week, before noon. So yeah, considering I have a job....not happening.

Damn. Guess we are luckier than I thought. Our local movie theatre is $9.50AU all day Tuesday so I go at night. That's about $6.50-7US I guess. It's not the best theatre but it's still fun.

Ben

- - - Updated - - -

I saw STAR WARS 11 times the summer of '77.

Man wish i did. I was just that little bit too young. Got more into it when ESB came out. Than ROTJ. :)

Ben

Ive seen it 4 times now and while I found the deaths emotional the first time,on subsequent viewings,because I now knew the characters I found their deaths more emotional. While the first time was a bit sad when Jyn viewed her fathers message I found I teared up on subsequent viewings. I loved these characters and even my son said he wanted more adventures with them. While some found the diversity pandering(no offence to anyone as your entitled to your opinions and they are just as valid as mine.) I found it to be a great mix and thought they all worked wonderfully together. I should be seeing it a 5th time this week. Is that too many???;)

Ben

I have a feeling that we will see more of at least some of them in books or games. Also as dumb as it is, I felt the worst about K2 because even though he's a droid, he fought as hard as any person to give them time.

I have a feeling that we will see more of at least some of them in books or games. Also as dumb as it is, I felt the worst about K2 because even though he's a droid, he fought as hard as any person to give them time.

Oh oh me and my son are the same with K2. In the Star Wars universe droids are given humanity. The have emotions and a consciousness. That's why we feel for them. They are a life form and treated as such. K2 was just as much a character as any of the others and he sacrificed himself the same way. That may be silly but hey it's Star Wars. Lol.

Ben

So let's say Tarkin was going to go rogue and blow up the planet the emperor is on.

Amusingly, one of the cut plot threads from Star Wars was Motti urging Tarkin to do exactly that. ;)

It looks like the Rebel Fleet Troopers* have helmets that are pure white (a common misperception), and not the very light gray of the originals.

*really Alderaan guys, but whatev

My money is on "Imperial Senate Guard garrison uniform". It's roughly analogous with the black uniform and helmet of the Stormtrooper garrison uniform. Mon Mothma and Bail probably able to pick guards who were loyal to them and their ideals over Imperial dogma.

is anyone else concerned about bail being at the base rather than on alderaan?

so are we to assume he left for home immediately, or is he still alive and in hiding?

After the meeting that goes nowhere, he says he needs to get back to Alderaan to let his people know there will be no peace. Then he and Mon Mothma discussed fetching Obi-Wan, and the scene ends with him walking out and we hear his voice fade out saying "Captain Antilles? I have a mission for you..."

In all honesty, I think I'm a little more upset about the "pandering" we get by them creating new versions of already established vehicles and troopers. I can understand that we might not have seen lesser shuttles and transports - but, Krennic's shuttle and his Death Troopers seem a bit much.

Yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of new material to back up their existence. But, it just seems that if a standard Imperial Shuttle works for the Emperor and Vader - it should work for Krennic, too. The Death Troopers, too - why wouldn't he have regular old Stormtroopers? It seems a bit much for what seems like an elite unit to mired down to Krennic - when we see no other sign of Death Troopers.. well, ever again.

Krennic has "Little Man's Complaint". He's always trying to make himself stand out, seem more special. Note the cape and the special uniform. The shuttle and Advanced Weapons Research Troopers are part of all that. And, for whatever it's worth, they're going to be showing up in Rebels with someone other than Krennic.

Also, why are regular old stormtroopers unable to pilot hovertanks? Do the unique helmet designs on the shore troopers accomplish anything that any of the other half dozen helmet types can't? What makes those partular to sandy beaches when normal trooper helmets handle sand dunes just fine?

The Shoretroopers seem to have evolved from the Light Infantry we saw on Kashyyyk in ROTS -- a separate path than the one that led to the Scout Troopers. And the Tank Drivers apparently become the familiar Stormtrooper-faced Armored-Vehicle Operators within the next couple years, per Empire Strikes Back.

--Jonah

Seen R1 only once, though I feel the itch to go again.

Saw Phantom Menace twice, Clones once and Revenge of the Sith five times - it was supposed to be the final Star Wars, so "why not" - I thought :lol

Never got to see OT on the big screen :( re-release the originals pleaseeeee(!)

Seen R1 only once, though I feel the itch to go again.

Saw Phantom Menace twice, Clones once and Revenge of the Sith five times - it was supposed to be the final Star Wars, so "why not" - I thought :lol

I've only seen Rogue One once so far, but I'd like to go again. The OT is really a sight to behold on the big screen. If you ever get a chance do not miss it!

Hey Gang,

R1 is $19M away from the $500M mark! Let's all go out this weekend and enjoy the movie once again! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey T,

Seeing the OT (despecialized version) on the big screen would be awesome! I hope you / we get that chance sooner than later!

I think that if someone likes it enough to see it ten times, that is great.

I've only seen it twice, but I live pretty far from a theater (over an hours drive). If there was one closer I'm pretty sure I would have seen it at least 3 or 4 times by now. As it is I will wait now for the blu-ray. I'm sure I'll get 4 or 5 viewing out of it before it goes on the shelf.

I was 12 years old in '77 and saw Star Wars 10 times in the theater. I only got $5.00 a week allowance back then and the movie was $2.50, I believe. So I was spending half my week's pay to see it and as far as I was concerned it was money well spent. Star Wars was the first time in my life that I ever "got into" anything. We didn't even have reruns of Star Trek where I grew up. Sci-fi was pretty much unknown to me until then. And buddy, I went whole hog on it!! Been that way ever since.

16105880_1354495591288963_1920961429197120291_n.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back