eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Right thats what I meant. Though I do now see BAIT listed as an authorized reseller under Where To Buy. But among the top retailers that I'm familiar with and have purchased from before, I don't get any listing for the eFx ANH PCR, no Coming Soon, no nothing. So at least for now it seems like baitme is the exclusive reseller, whatever the reason. Incidentally I do see that they have a shadow trooper and that its co-branded EFX - BAIT. So I guess there's some sort of cozy business relationship there.

* I don't believe Lucasfilm/Disney will leave high and dry those who have pre-orders and deposits with eFx. That would diminish customer confidence buying from current or future license holders for Star Wars merchandise who have similar purchasing models.

True, unless they could distance themselves from eFX, that has it's own long-standing customer service issues that would make it hard for us to assimilate into our Disney-angst...

Even in this thread we have frequently implored Disney to intervene... perhaps not thinking about what that might entail...

* Obviously Lucasfilm would not want to pay that out of their own pocket. If eFx has been strapped for cash, the EFX ANH PCR helmet may have been a product identified by eFx and Lucasfilm that could be developed quickly, sell like hotcakes, and generate a reasonable profit to fund a pool for the reimbursement of unfulfilled pre-orders.

But... and I'm just thinking dark-side here... what if they hung an ANH Vader PCR carrot out there with the intention of swooping in and getting the goods and getting rid of the nuisance that was eFX at the same time once they had accomplished the impossible... delivering the PCR ANH Vader... That level of diabolicalness would be... impressive...

* If (and I stress IF) eFx soon plans to file for bankruptcy, then it makes sense that they would want little to no inventory to be in their possession at the time of that filing. Such inventory would likely be frozen and liquidated under terms of bankruptcy. I'm not sure why this product would funnel only through this one reseller and not the typical reseller pipeline. I'm not going to speculate about that.

Unless... they delayed filing as long as possible and liquidated as much product under a side agreement with a third-party vendor as possible... until the Disney Gestapo knocked down their door... brilliant...

True, unless they could distance themselves from eFX, that has it's own long-standing customer service issues that would make it hard for us to assimilate into our Disney-angst...

Even in this thread we have frequently implored Disney to intervene... perhaps not thinking about what that might entail...

But... and I'm just thinking dark-side here... what if they hung an ANH Vader PCR carrot out there with the intention of swooping in and getting the goods and getting rid of the nuisance that was eFX at the same time once they had accomplished the impossible... delivering the PCR ANH Vader... That level of diabolicalness would be... impressive...

Unless... they delayed filing as long as possible and liquidated as much product under a side agreement with a third-party vendor as possible... until the Disney Gestapo knocked down their door... brilliant...

82cfc276b8d057444066f96445e26f3a.jpg

I don't think Disney/LFL really cares that much if eFX screwed everyone, that's eFXs business. I have yet to see a licensor have real standards :p

Well H0llyw00d you wrote what I thought too but dared not write. I began to feel the pull of The Darkness. As someone very wise once said..

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
- Abraham Lincoln

A company on the brink might resort to such a short-term money grab, but I don't think Disney would. They're in it for the long-term money grab ($4 billion just to break even). They wouldn't risk a boycott from hardcore fans like me who still have thousands of dollars to gladly hand over for products I do not yet know that I want and must have.

I ordered the ANH PCR May 22, received it May 26. Standard eFx boxing and packaging much like the eFx PCR Stormtrooper, placed between plastic pieces molded into the shape of the outside of the mask and dome. Honestly I wasn't sure what I was going to get but it's definitely eFx. And it's good enough to have a long production run I think, by someone.

This product could follow a path akin to the PCR Stormtrooper, first produced by MR and later essentially the same helmet produced by eFx. Except with a role reversal this time around, perhaps with ANOVOS taking over manufacturing with their branding. Their standard First Order stormtrooper helmet was injection molded plastic too.

That could also explain the excessive delay in getting their Darth Vader out. Which didn't make sense to me that both companies were virtually competing against each selling 1:1 scale Vader helmets. I know eFx is ANH and plastic and ANOVOS is sort of ESB and fiberglass, but the eFx ANH PCR is more screen-accurate than the ANOVOS. And the ANOVOS is priced higher! Throw PropShop into the mix... and now my head hurts. It will indeed be interesting when the full story and plan comes out.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our revenge"
- Donald Trump

Everything about eFX has always been a nightmare...

In the one experience I had with the Scout helmet I have to agree. A real bummer because I love that helmet, but don't support the way they do business with people.

Not for me I actually have had great service from them when I had a problem with an order, sadly not the case with the Scouts

Oh my buddy also made a great experience with eFX. He had some quality problems with his directly ordered Legend Vader (some very very minor paint faults which were an easy fix). At the end and because of their replacements and shipping disaster he ended with three (!!!) legend Vaders. Two perfect and one with was repaired within a few minutes. I guess that was the deal of the year within the prop scene :)

Hi All!

I know that the announcement of a new line of prop replicas from Prop Shop has resulted in some questions from our customers and others in regards how this has affected EFX. Let me assure you that nothing has changed. Prop Shop, as the prop supplier for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is now offering an exciting, new level of replicas to Star Wars fans. So between EFX and Prop Shop, we are able to offer a more comprehensive range of products and options for our collectors.

Also, this has not affected your outstanding orders with us. The Scout helmet is still in process and we will update you on the status soon.
Thanks, as always, for your support!

Bryan

I'm officially freaked out. I've got the Scout Legend on order, & I hope they at least finish & get that out. I didn't pay the full price, only the $300 deposit, & now I'm getting the $300 PCR Vader helmet. Which I thought... was a coincidence? Especially considering how I was told it wouldn't ship until AFTER I paid off the balance on the Scout.
I'm now wondering, if it's true they lost the license, how many of these PCR Vaders were they able to make? This could be a very limited piece.

I'm in the same boat here, plus I have the deposit paid for the Marvel Ironman helmet as well!!:facepalm:facepalm

What a nightmare!!

BTW the new prop maker looks freakin' expensive to say the least!:cry

----------------------------edit

Quite glad tho read directly from EFX, but still greatly confused!!:behave:rolleyes:wacko:confused

Regards,

Alberto

Last edited:
Bryan,

With all due respect, this fiasco only makes EFX look a very poorly managed outfit. If you cannot come through on time with certain products then surely it means you are punching above your weight. If you cannot cope with the task of the Biker Scout helmet, then how do you plan on releasing a 'comprehensive' line of replica props. It seems to me that this is beyond EFX's capabilities and you should either throw in the towel and concentrate on lower priced replicas, or you need to get some better talent in behind the scenes. Ive seen people sculpt and produce a very accurate helmet in a quarter of the time it has taken you to 'get it right' as you seem to imply with you saying they are still in process.. Some of the guys here would have done a better job.

A big shake up is needed, the main focus being customer service. If you havent got it - dont sell it, and if you cannot cope let the most important link in your chain be made aware - your customers.

Hi All!

I know that the announcement of a new line of prop replicas from Prop Shop has resulted in some questions from our customers and others in regards how this has affected EFX. Let me assure you that nothing has changed. Prop Shop, as the prop supplier for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is now offering an exciting, new level of replicas to Star Wars fans. So between EFX and Prop Shop, we are able to offer a more comprehensive range of products and options for our collectors.

Also, this has not affected your outstanding orders with us. The Scout helmet is still in process and we will update you on the status soon.
Thanks, as always, for your support!

Bryan

Are you eFX employee?

Nope, but a great many of you are not being remotely objective here...at all. You slam one company for being quiet and not "communicating" but line up to pay another company because they give you false shipping date after false shipping date. Both have screwed up, but people like you are only holding one accountable. It's ridiculous to watch.

I don't think i gave a positiv comment regarding Anovos selling practices. In my eyes they both fail. But yes, at least you don't have the feeling the company is dead or ignoring their customers as much as eFX does in the past. Regarding quality i can't say anything....i've ordered eFX stuff but never something from Anovos. What i've seen from eFX didn't impressed me that much like other props but that just my opinion.

Anovos has been spanked pretty hard here and well deserved I might add, but I understand what you are saying Qui-Gon.

Han solo belt, how long has THAT supposed to ship?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back