TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

I hope that little antenna out the bottom isn't gonna be a goof throughout the movie lol (there/not there depending on stunt scene or not)

Or perhaps even more simply ... a remote on/off so the actor can concentrate on his acting and not which button to push to turn that $%^& lightsaber on or off :wacko

Chaim

If it is a D-ring, it's way thicker than it's supposed to be. Maybe we're just supposed to think it's a D-ring when in actuality it's an antenna for the crew to remotely activate the lightsaber. It's a conspiracy. a C O N...

Last edited by a moderator:

No blade ... both hands clenching the lightsaber :

After FX Blade ... no reflection on face or jacket :

After FX Blade ... no reflection on face or jacket :

Stunt Real Light FX Blade ... with reflection on face and jacket :

Stunt Real Light FX Blade ... with reflection on face and jacket :

More frame by frame pictures from the trailer collected by Terranous : http://s603.photobucket.com/user/Te...ailer 2437_zpshwe3qycs.jpg.html?sort=9&o=2436

Chaim

And it was used so well..

[video]https://youtu.be/BvnwLLXHabg?t=1m56s[/video]

This looks hella better though

They could be gathering angle, speed, etc. data for sound dubbing in post. A method like that could even allow the process to be automated with a computer program.

Its the d ring, the reason it looks thicker is due to how it is hanging down/angle that we are viewing it as we cant see the gap between the parts. Its harder to see because it is shot at night and you cant determine the depth perspective of it & we know that his saber has the d ring because of when it is handed to Leia in the trailer.

So my question would be to all of you who think that its an antenna - where is the d ring?

So my question would be to all of you who think that its an antenna - where is the d ring?

If it's like the one shown on the Target store display, then it doesn't have a d-ring or Kobold clip on the bottom, just the antenna and a slider switch.

I'm going with d-ring... doesn't really look like an antenna to me.

swepvii-tlr2_h1080p-10.jpg

The only strange thing is that - shouldn't it hang off-center?

15544660723_34ede5a75e_m.jpg

I'm going with d-ring... doesn't really look like an antenna to me.

View attachment 546293

The only strange thing is that - shouldn't it hang off-center?

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7517/15544660723_34ede5a75e_m.jpg

Nah. Having the D Ring close to the edge would keep the saber's closest to flush against the wearer's leg when hanging from a belt. Having it centered would increase outward horizontal pressure on the belt's retaining clip...probably not a LOT more, but some.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back