Bioshock infinite Vigor bottles

Here is my best attempt at the Murder Of Crows bottle! Please, PLEASE note that I have never worked with clay in any way before, so any tips would be awesome!
IMAG0159.jpgIMAG0160.jpg
(I couldn't get the lighting right for the life of me... Sorry...)

ok guys, I need your help, if you could post what you used for the murder of crows bottle, it would be much appreciated, maybe some initial pictures of the bottle?

For my bottle I used clay (air dry, which shrunk so i wouldn't recommend it...), a cork to fit the bottle, fiberglass resin to make it stronger, flat black spray paint, and some various bits of wire and scrap metal for the added detail. The ring around the label is the lip around the top of a 24 oz Mountain Dew can, I printed the main logo, and made the tag from spare plexiglass and Photoshopped the label on the tag. I could post that if everyone wants it!

I cant remember the specific brand of beer I used but the bottle shap was most like the bottle in this image, its the one that is second from the left. I found that at total wines for about 3 bucks. Any local specialty alcohol store should carry a lot of options. As for the clay i used oven bake scupley, My hanging tag was printed on to a piece of balsa wood then cut to fit the perfect tag. I also used plexiglass to go on top of my emblem on the bottle. blank-beer-bottles-12777087.jpg
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/040/a/5/murder_of_crows_vigor_by_rick_is_art-d5ue16u.jpg

Hey guys! I have no experience with any of this, but I decided to give it a whirl! I figured that the Undertow would be a good start, easier to go with than charge. I cannot seem to upload the photos though, any tips? There were a couple other problems I had with the bottle itself: The paint and sealer I used on the clay is really sticky, and not staying on the bottle very well. Any tips?? I also noticed somebody mentioned fiberglass resin. Would that be good to give the bottle a coat of that? Thanks so much guys!

DSC_0105.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 281
wasteguru,

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to drop your photo into a screen cap from the game. It is quick and dirty, but it will do.

bioshock-infinite-vigor-bottle-replica.jpg

Sorry for posting that in progress image a couple weeks ago and then just leaving. Been quite busy with school work. Anyways my Undertow Vigor is pretty much done.

http://i.imgur.com/mxMfauz.jpg

I made the octopus with baking clay and simply baked it in the oven straight onto the bottle. Worked perfectly.

I still need to do a second pass of paint on the octopus, and of course there's the cork which I haven't even started on. Still for my first time doing something like this I feel pretty good about it.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have no experience with any of this, but I decided to give it a whirl! I figured that the Undertow would be a good start, easier to go with than charge. I cannot seem to upload the photos though, any tips? There were a couple other problems I had with the bottle itself: The paint and sealer I used on the clay is really sticky, and not staying on the bottle very well. Any tips?? I also noticed somebody mentioned fiberglass resin. Would that be good to give the bottle a coat of that? Thanks so much guys!View attachment 178814

1. I'd try an outside hosting like imageshack to upload your photos if the site upload isn't working.

2. What sealer did you use? I'm familiar with the paint in the second photo, and I don't think it's well suited for glass without a primer coat. My advice personally would be to use a paint that's meant for glass. If you haven't already seen it, this post shows the process I went through when making an Undertow bottle. It also shows the paint I used as well as all the other materials. It might help you out.

3. Fiberglass resin would work, but there are alternatives you may find easier. For my build I used a small portion of Easycast resin and painted it over the clay bits once the paint one them had dried. It helps seal, gives it a nice glaze and protects the clay pretty well too without all the hazards that come with working with fiberglass.

Hope this helps!

@wasteguru,

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to drop your photo into a screen cap from the game. It is quick and dirty, but it will do.

View attachment 181031

What are you talking about? You just posted a picture from the ga-

OOOOOOOH.

Last edited by a moderator:
what about the others? what bottles were used? and other supplies?
Dont expect to get far in anything at all if you just want to demand every detail of every item. Ask some specifics brother! Which bottle are you interested in building? As far as supplies go...its limited to your imagination ( and wallet) Ive told someone this before but honestly, if youve got the skills to do something, you can get away with using aluminum foil and bubblegum to make the sculpt as long as you plan on molding it afterwards as I do not know the stability of bubblegum in long term situations. :lol Silly I know but its true. On average, most users sculpt with clay. What kind? It depends on personal preference. Softer clay is ok for larger items but for small intricate details, I would suggest a harder clay and for even finer detail, use jewelers wax and sand/carve it away. There are plenty of talented artist here who dont mind giving advice but dont expect anyone to do the work for you and spoon feed you gallons of answers for generalized broad questions. So as I was saying, what bottle are you interested in making? I can assist you or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

ComedicHistory You should tell the guys over at Tested.com incase they need some quick cash, they have one just standing there looking pretty on their back wall, behind their Indy Idol.

punisher Sorry, Just new to this, Murder of Crows and Undertow, Your advice is very good, and it is what I have been trying to do, I've been making up my own props as I see things, for ex. a gatling gun, Spider-Man Web Shooters, etc., I do appreciate your help very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are so cool. I think I am going to have to try to make one for my friend's birthday now.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant remember the specific brand of beer I used but the bottle shap was most like the bottle in this image, its the one that is second from the left. I found that at total wines for about 3 bucks. Any local specialty alcohol store should carry a lot of options. As for the clay i used oven bake scupley, My hanging tag was printed on to a piece of balsa wood then cut to fit the perfect tag. I also used plexiglass to go on top of my emblem on the bottle. View attachment 178319
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/040/a/5/murder_of_crows_vigor_by_rick_is_art-d5ue16u.jpg

In case any one was still curious about that 2nd to left bottle, I'm pretty sure it is a New Castle.

I just poured some fiberglass and black light neon orange paint into a bottle.... I'm planning on using it for the Bucking Bronco bottle, and maybe I can start a sculpt on it tonight... Idk though... I might even be able to make molds of it and sell more than one. It just depends on how it all comes together.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back