Warehouse 13 - The Tesla Gun

Thanks for the dimensions. One of these days, I'll get the last pieces together to make a Tesla and presentation box. I've got the tubes and a few other bits just waiting. Did you rig a light on the meter in your box? Love the progress pictures.

David

I haven't reassembled the API meter using my castings yet, but it would be a simple enough job to add a couple of lamps to it - I've already done it on the much smaller gauges on the side of the pistol.

IMG_20150821_203108.jpg

Hi again guys,

I just thought I'd share my progress for this week. I've been working on completing the meter ready for inserting into the presentation case, and here's a pic of the finished job. As always, the step by step pictorial progress is on my Tumblr page.

DSCN1357.JPG

Hi guys!
What a wonderful thread! We always loved Warehouse 13 and we always loved Tesla Gun!
We want to try to made our version of this prop but we need your help! :)

We need all info possible on size and dimension to made a perfect gun. As usual, metal gun... ;)

If anyone could share some materials will be fantastic! Thanks!!! ;)

Looks like this thread may be slowing down now that the show is off the air, but if anyone needs or wants pics or dimensions off the Tesla rifle I currently own the Hero prop. So just hit me up.

I am finally coming around to building my own Tesla. My one complaint about the prop, is that it is designed very heavily for right handed use. This is disappointing as I'm a lefty. Also, the supposed inventors were both born left handed. I know that Tesla taught himself to be ambidextrous, which is something I imagine a lot of lefties had to do back in the day, but with that, I'd expect more of an ambidextrous design. I may look into doing that with mine.

I still need to figure out how I'm making the frame. I really don't want to do MDF, but don't have the means to cut thick metal. Maybe thin sheets of metal epoxied together?

I am finally coming around to building my own Tesla. My one complaint about the prop, is that it is designed very heavily for right handed use. This is disappointing as I'm a lefty. Also, the supposed inventors were both born left handed. I know that Tesla taught himself to be ambidextrous, which is something I imagine a lot of lefties had to do back in the day, but with that, I'd expect more of an ambidextrous design. I may look into doing that with mine.

I still need to figure out how I'm making the frame. I really don't want to do MDF, but don't have the means to cut thick metal. Maybe thin sheets of metal epoxied together?

How about making a mirror-image version? No reason why left-handers can't have a version designed solely for them!

Also, MDF is capable of some stunningly realistic and sturdy props. Nick K has made some stunning replica firearms with MDF sealed with super glue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I like my idea of a more ambidextrous version. Maybe put the dial up top and the low battery indicator in the rear, where they would work better for either hand.

I work with MDF and it's great for a lot of things, but not handled props, especially prop weapons. Unless they are bulky and you can reinforce them with steel rods or the like. The forward portion of the frame is an arm that is 122mm long and 6mm by 6mm. MDF can hold up better than resin, depending on the use, but with a frame like this, one knock will snap that arm or deflect the force to the vacuum tube, and I like things that look real AND will hold up. I don't mind making other materials look like wood, but not really the other way around. Also, I don't consider MDF real wood. But that's me.

Again. Thanks.

Most companies have minimum orders. I found one that doesn't have a minimum order and sent my model in for a quote. I'm still waiting on that. The other option is to visit the local makers space, get certified on their laser or plasma cutter and $400 later I might be able to schedule cutting that one piece that I'm looking for.

Ouch! That's expensive! Lucky I'm old school with a shed full of gear, so hacksaw and files would have to be my option. Just a thought, if you can find a retired mechanic or engineer, chances are they'd be able to help and would quite enjoy the challenge. Best of luck whatever way you go.

My Tesla pistol project is finally finished. It took two years, with many many breaks, but I put in a final push while I had fine weather to work in my alfresco workshop environment.

Here's a quick video (I hope the link works) to showcase the functionality I've built into it. What isn't shown is the 'low battery' warning below the mini gauges, but I have a separate video on that. Also the functioning volt meter in the case, which has a built-in USB charger for the LiPo cell inside the pistol itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Tesla pistol project is finally finished. It took two years, with many many breaks, but I put in a final push while I had fine weather to work in my alfresco workshop environment.

Here's a quick video (I hope the link works) to showcase the functionality I've built into it. What isn't shown is the 'low battery' warning below the mini gauges, but I have a separate video on that. Also the functioning volt meter in the case, which has a built-in USB charger for the LiPo cell inside the pistol itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7UentkTeI
Outstanding

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I need info on the Tesla Rifle, DVD screencaps, blueprints, anything wold be helpful.

I did a little web surfing & the only thing I could find was an old thumbnail of the prop which has bin deleted form the site.
a69b865379c57acc12de3460c670750a.jpg

I kept looking & found a pic of someone holding the rifle, still need more detail on the vacuum tube in the middle of the gun.

IMG_3851.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back