Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

Hmmm... Okay then...

Working fine for me as well, but the links to the attachments for the side views are not coming through for me. Says "Invalid attachment." when I click on them.
As for ever getting these 3d printed, I don't know either. My friend wants these so he can build up his reveal mask and is not concerned with hyper accuracy. He'll likely use the dame shutter for both sides. If the print works well enough, like I said, Ill post the file so anyone can do their own.

People who starts now with the ROTJ having a lot of luck,that some fans looked for parts over 10 Years ago!:D
But they are still so much parts unknown...:(

Oops, sorry about that! I think it's fixed now.

If hyper accuracy is not an issue for your friend, he may be just as well off getting some odd cameras off of ebay and using the shutters from them. That way, they'd at least be real if not precise. That's just my opinion, though.

Working fine for me as well, but the links to the attachments for the side views are not coming through for me. Says "Invalid attachment." when I click on them.
As for ever getting these 3d printed, I don't know either. My friend wants these so he can build up his reveal mask and is not concerned with hyper accuracy. He'll likely use the dame shutter for both sides. If the print works well enough, like I said, Ill post the file so anyone can do their own.

You are so right. Those who started out looking for a reveal in the early days (in my case fifteen years ago) were in the pioneering stages to say the least! This has been one tough nut to crack...:wacko

People who starts now with the ROTJ having a lot of luck,that some fans looked for parts over 10 Years ago!:D
But they are still so much parts unknown...:(

Thanks James. I told him the same thing, but since I had just finished up a project and was looking for a new challenge, I told him I'd give it a shot. :) Hopefully it will turn out eel enough and the budget builder will have another option to consider.
The pics seem to be working now.
Another question. Where are the "iris flaps" in this little piece? Are they something separate or are they on the reverse? Since they are not seen in the prop, Ill likely not include them in the drawing, and they most certainly would not be functional if i did. :) Just wondering.

You're most welcome. :)

The "iris flaps" (funny name!) are not included on either side of the shutters on the prop. On the pre-disassembled shutter straight from the camera, the flaps would have been positioned behind the shutter (see last photo in my post #253). On the reveal prop, I'm not sure what the parts behind the shutters are, but it's my conjecture that the silver, vertical slats are something separate from that part that's behind those slats themselves.

By the way, do you do any photo etching yourself or know someone who does? I have a template, or rather a tracing, I made of those silver slats years ago and haven't gotten around to finding someone capable of making them...

Thanks James. I told him the same thing, but since I had just finished up a project and was looking for a new challenge, I told him I'd give it a shot. :) Hopefully it will turn out eel enough and the budget builder will have another option to consider.
The pics seem to be working now.
Another question. Where are the "iris flaps" in this little piece? Are they something separate or are they on the reverse? Since they are not seen in the prop, Ill likely not include them in the drawing, and they most certainly would not be functional if i did. :) Just wondering.

Last edited:
I did some photo etching years ago when I did a set of wings for my "Golden Snitch" replica. Farmed it out to a company I found online called "Microphoto." Have no idea what they would charge any more. I do know it was cheaper for me to provide them with my own photo negative rather than have them do it.
If I were to do it again, I would probably contact Elliot Brown at www.fedoratron.com. He does some great custom etch stuff for kit nodders out there.

Another WIP photo. I think its coming along nicely. Not sure yet what I'm going to have to tweak to get it 3D printable. A lot of the details are VERY small.

eyeWIP.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back