Tron Legacy Costume

I really wanna do this costume, but I need tips on the lighting, because I'm that anal about screen accuracy.
I would wonder about battery life on the EL wire, and where to put said pack....*raises eyebrow* I've used EL wire before, but not on a costume, only on prop pieces and vehicle replicas. I know hot glue is probably not the best idea, nor is stapling it. my other concern is heat on the fabric.

*waves @ Rook* It's Joesie!

Dear members, UD Replicas is finally selling their Tron Legacy Outfits. S & Q's are available. No release for Halloween. They do Have a 3 month payment plan. But if you do the 3 month payment plan. You won't get your costume till next year. But if you pay up front 995.00 + 27.00 s+h for the mens version, you'll get your outfit the first week of December 2010. The ladies version is 895.00 + S+H.
No news on Rinzlers outfit. Check out the site. The pictures are pretty good. FLYNN LIVES!

But there's some bad news with the UD Replicas outfits. They don't light up. I'm getting one any way & I'm going to modify it. I'm building a cheap version like the one form the first trailer. But I'll go the EL tape!

But there's some bad news with the UD Replicas outfits. They don't light up. I'm getting one any way & I'm going to modify it. I'm building a cheap version like the one form the first trailer. But I'll go the EL tape!

I agree the El tape looks better then the El wire. My suit will be done for Halloween but will not light up yet.

Check out Puma Flat boots... They look pretty good as well. I just purchased some used Flat 2 (not really tall boots, more like high tops) but they were REALLY cheap!

puma_flat2_black.jpg

These are the ones I ended up getting. Not my first choice but they were my size, used and cheap!

The more expensive boots by PUMA look like those in the Ist trailer. The guy in the yellow are Puma's, they cost about $350.00. The best looking one is about $250.00. They have both in high top & mid top. You have to go to motor cycle supply to buy them. Puma stores & the online site don't carry them. They are very comfortable! And the insoles can be replaced. The boot can have enough space to wire them up. I'm not sure if there's a lady's version?

Found a company that has EL sheets that you can cut to specification. If I'm reading this right, you can mimic the patterns on the movie costumes by cutting designs out of this 8 1/2 X 11 sheet (and I think you can cut it into multiple pieces so long as you have two contacts to hook up to) then hooking them up to an inverter with alligator clips. Check out the website and see what you think.

E-Luminates

I think many pairs of eyes will help determine if this can help us achieve the neon effect on the suits.

Found a great pair of boots on Ebay for my Quorra costume, but now I'm in a bidding war and there is still 3 days left in the auction. Ugh.

On a good note, though. My Quorra wig should be here tomorrow! I think I may try it on and do a test run with the make-up. Hopefully that will get me motivated for the rest of the costume.

Found a great pair of boots on Ebay for my Quorra costume, but now I'm in a bidding war and there is still 3 days left in the auction. Ugh.

On a good note, though. My Quorra wig should be here tomorrow! I think I may try it on and do a test run with the make-up. Hopefully that will get me motivated for the rest of the costume.

Post some pictures of you with the wig if you win the auction... good luck. :thumbsup

Found a site that has molded body armor that you can trim to fit. With the designs, might be something you can fuse onto wearable material. Definitely going to buy a set in case I need to 'fill in' any parts to the suit.

Actionstation.com

Also found a site that manufactures EL tape with power supplies that run off of batteries. For the straight pieces of the neon stripping, this might just do the trick as I can use vinyl tape over top to create the design I'm looking for.

http://electroluminescence-inc.com/ELtape.htm

Last edited:
That EL tape is crazy cool, I wonder what type of battery it would take though. To get my regular EL wire to be bright enough we have to rig it to a 12 volt, and that's hard to hide on a skin-tight body suit (haha) Anyway....

Good luck with these everyone!!! I'm tempted to make one, but I don't know if I feel like going down the path of "lets find some non-existent hexagonal material" again....

Oh also, does anyone know anything about "stretch leather" for these suits? I know I've seen it, it's expensive and it exists, they might have used it for a few.....

That EL tape is crazy cool, I wonder what type of battery it would take though. To get my regular EL wire to be bright enough we have to rig it to a 12 volt, and that's hard to hide on a skin-tight body suit (haha) Anyway....

Good luck with these everyone!!! I'm tempted to make one, but I don't know if I feel like going down the path of "lets find some non-existent hexagonal material" again....

I was looking into this too and the company told me that the thicker the wire the more battery packs you would need if you were not to use a 12V source. That cool tape would seem like it would need a lot battery packs to be bright.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back