Han Solo Holster - Screen Accurate Pattern

Hey, I'm a 3D modeler, maybe I can help you out. I'm not familiar with what you need modeled, but it looks like you have blueprints. If you like, you could send me your plans for one part to try.

Crazylegsmurphy this is an awesome project that you are doing and I am sure everyone here appreciates all the time and effort you are putting in.

I look forward to the completed patterns when they are done and the release of your book.

I for one will be donating to the cause as it is easy to see the amount of work you have put into this.

I also have parts coming from Boba Debt and have 3 blasters with another two nearly finished.

Looking forward to the finished product and thanks, thanks a lot.

PS All the best to you and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks great, I'm into leather work and would love to make a solo belt just for fun one day. I haven't read the entire thread but I saw a Han Solo belt (not sure from which film, or if it was even screen used, but it was period) from the "Lucas Museum of Narrative Art". The front buckle wasn't symmetrical! I think asymmetry is the OT's defining feature.

I'm also a 3D guy. My join date should speak for itself with regards to how particular I am about details.

Having said that, I LOVE what you're doing here and I'd be glad to help with greeblie files if I can.

@Crazylegsmurphy this is an awesome project that you are doing and I am sure everyone here appreciates all the time and effort you are putting in.

I look forward to the completed patterns when they are done and the release of your book.

I for one will be donating to the cause as it is easy to see the amount of work you have put into this.

I also have parts coming from Boba Debt and have 3 blasters with another two nearly finished.

Looking forward to the finished product and thanks, thanks a lot.

PS All the best to you and your family.

I couldn't agree more. I have been watching this thread from the beginning and I gathered such a lot of Information from it, so it seems logical to put all this into a book. It honors you to give it away for free, but honestly I would not mind paying a fair price for it as I appreciate the lot of work and money you put into it. It has saved all of us the time to research those patterns ourselves and I guess not many of us could achieve the kind of detail you have reached.
In which form will the book be released? Is there going to be a print copy available?

Crazylegsmurphy, first of all, let me just say that I’m impressed! You certainly put a lot of work into this project, so thanks for that!

While I’m not particularly knowledgable when it comes to this holster, I’ve been wanting to make one for some time (but probably won’t ;)), so I’ve been following your thread. Something I am familiar with is 3D modelling. I’m a mechanical designer, so I spend a lot of time doing 3D CAD work (SolidWorks, to be more specific).

I wouldn’t have the time (or the patience, to be honest) to do all the research on the greeblies, but it looks like you’ve already done all of the homework there, so it’s “only” the actual 3D modelling part of it that you need help with, right? ‘Cause that part I may be able to help you with.

How many different greeblies are we talking about?

I know two others have raised their hands already, but if you still need help, I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot. Let me know if you’re interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tagging to follow the thread. (Also following the Rebel Legion thread)

And I, too, would be happy to donate to the cause, and look forward to buying a copy of the book. :)

Just got around to uploading this. The model isn't quite finished. @Crazylegsmurphy Does it need to be hollow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NRJnEscyio

Whaaaaat??!!

That is awesome!

There is a few little things I can see that would need a tweak or two, and I would need to see the bottom, but that looks really, really great.

It doesn't have to be hollow. I mean the originals are, but that is because they are one half of a model. In the holster you never see the back, and I would actually prefer it to be solid myself.

Great work, Bogleo....great work indeed.

I couldn't agree more. I have been watching this thread from the beginning and I gathered such a lot of Information from it, so it seems logical to put all this into a book. It honors you to give it away for free, but honestly I would not mind paying a fair price for it as I appreciate the lot of work and money you put into it. It has saved all of us the time to research those patterns ourselves and I guess not many of us could achieve the kind of detail you have reached.
In which form will the book be released? Is there going to be a print copy available?

The book will be a PDF that can be printed as needed. A print copy wouldn't really make much sense because I think the patterns need to be able to be replicated as many times as needed in case of screw ups, or if you want to make more than one (plus with a digital file you can print it smaller for kids).

This looks great, I'm into leather work and would love to make a solo belt just for fun one day. I haven't read the entire thread but I saw a Han Solo belt (not sure from which film, or if it was even screen used, but it was period) from the "Lucas Museum of Narrative Art". The front buckle wasn't symmetrical! I think asymmetry is the OT's defining feature.

Are you referring to the A New Hope/Jedi versions?

han-solo-return-of-the-jedi.jpg

I have had a few people offer their 3D modelling experience.

I super appreciate everyone who is willing to help, so much. However the last thing I want to do is have people stepping on each others toes, or creating unnecessary competition. At the same time I want the most accurate models possible....to the micron :D

Do you think it would be fair to post the information somewhere and allow anyone a crack at it, and then pick from the most accurate?

I don't want to insult anyone or make it seem like I don't appreciate the great work Bogleo did.

Thoughts?

I have had a few people offer their 3D modelling experience.

I super appreciate everyone who is willing to help, so much. However the last thing I want to do is have people stepping on each others toes, or creating unnecessary competition. At the same time I want the most accurate models possible....to the micron :D

Do you think it would be fair to post the information somewhere and allow anyone a crack at it, and then pick from the most accurate?

I don't want to insult anyone or make it seem like I don't appreciate the great work Bogleo did.

Thoughts?

You're right, Crazylegsmurphy, I wouldn't want to step on anyones toes either, but if the others are OK with your suggestion I think it sounds like a good idea. Then again, I was the last one to offer my help, and Bogleo sure seems to be off to a good start already, so the aforementioned toe-stepping is a valid point.
My toes would be fine, but I can't speak for anyone else.

Just found your post and it is great! I just recently started doing a lot of research on this when I stumbled on your post.

I am a mechanical engineer and live in the 3D world most of the day and would love to help out if I can.

Have you finished the book yet?

Jay

I just read this entire thread over two days and am amazed at your eye for detail. I've just started working an ANH Han outfit and am waiting with bated breath for your book!

Hey all, just wanted to give this a bump and see if there are any updates! I know life gets busy most times, family, work, etc. it's just hard to find time for holsters.:D I have had my blaster parts for about a year now but it is still a work in progress too:cry. Keep up the great work Crazylegsmurphy we all appreciate it!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back