The TERMINATOR M1 skull build

Toothless but not obsolete

Heated a knife and got rid of some teeth! :)

View attachment 618816 View attachment 618817 View attachment 618818

To be continued...

Just cannot thank you enough for sharing your build - especially now with your brave assault on the kit's jaw and teeth!
I have an M1, plus a "decent" re-cast (I believe it was offered by Monsters in Motion?) that came with glowy eyes, and I also didn't/don't want to paint the kit's teeth - which was reason enough to shelve the kits years ago. And I'm very interested to see how the Alclad works for you? Do you have a Primer in mind for the vinyl?
Great Work!

wolff
If anyone cares to see the difference between the M1 and the re-cast kit, here's my Flickr page with some comparison pics: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=endoskull M1

Just cannot thank you enough for sharing your build - especially now with your brave assault on the kit's jaw and teeth!
I have an M1, plus a "decent" re-cast (I believe it was offered by Monsters in Motion?) that came with glowy eyes, and I also didn't/don't want to paint the kit's teeth - which was reason enough to shelve the kits years ago. And I'm very interested to see how the Alclad works for you? Do you have a Primer in mind for the vinyl?
Great Work!

wolff
If anyone cares to see the difference between the M1 and the re-cast kit, here's my Flickr page with some comparison pics: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=endoskull M1

I should thank you too ;) I recognize your flickr page, it is one of many many "sources" I have checked out during my research. And you are very welcome.

As for your primer question, yes, I do. "Dynatron Sandable Primer & Surfacer", I haven't actually tried it out yet due to it being difficult getting my hands on it. :(
You are not the only one interested to see how the alclad will work out :p

You are welcome! Having learned by experience about originals vs. re-casts, I thought the community would appreciate seeing pics of both in one album.

Your primer brand is, I guess, local to your part of the globe as it's a new name to me (not that I've heard of every American brand...:p). Do you happen to know whether it's an acrylic primer or not?
I've been reading a lot more about prepping vinyls, and at this point I'm just going to have to buy a "hobby" brand like Tamiya, a hardware store brand like Krylon, and a plastic/vinyl surface adherent or primer you can get at the automobile finisher's supply house, and test the scraps... I'm not too worried about the M1's vinyl, actually. I'm a lot more concerned about the squishy-soft flesh-tone vinyl of the Halcyon Facehugger I recently acquired...

wolff

You are welcome! Having learned by experience about originals vs. re-casts, I thought the community would appreciate seeing pics of both in one album.

Your primer brand is, I guess, local to your part of the globe as it's a new name to me (not that I've heard of every American brand...:p). Do you happen to know whether it's an acrylic primer or not?
I've been reading a lot more about prepping vinyls, and at this point I'm just going to have to buy a "hobby" brand like Tamiya, a hardware store brand like Krylon, and a plastic/vinyl surface adherent or primer you can get at the automobile finisher's supply house, and test the scraps... I'm not too worried about the M1's vinyl, actually. I'm a lot more concerned about the squishy-soft flesh-tone vinyl of the Halcyon Facehugger I recently acquired...

wolff

It's an American brand. I have not been able to find it here in Sweden or anywhere else in Europe for that matter. I'm going with automotives. I'm not like Sideshow, no intention of making some cheap looking piece of crap for easy money. Also tracking down hard to find stuff is half the fun :)

No clue if it is an acrylic or not. Looked a little online and can't find anything about the base properties.

Not wanting to take away from the excellent work you are doing, but that Terminator with buck teeth is awesome and hilarious. I'd be tempted to not replace any of the teeth that are gone now and have the buck toothed Terminator on display.

Carry on, though. I'm loving this build.

Not wanting to take away from the excellent work you are doing, but that Terminator with buck teeth is awesome and hilarious. I'd be tempted to not replace any of the teeth that are gone now and have the buck toothed Terminator on display.

Carry on, though. I'm loving this build.

Hilarious, absolutely. Awesome? Absolutely not :p
Would have been a åerfect look for T3, that film is already a spoof basically.

Can someone explain to me what's the deal with the M1 skull? Is this the skull that resemblances most of the original endo skull from The Terminator?

It's the only skull kit cast from the original sources :) meaning it has all the original details, nice and sharp. It is also these days very rare. Metal parts produced in Fukushima...

As I mentioned here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=215555&page=2&p=3801904&viewfull=1#post3801904

This particular torques screw:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/Termivader/torques-screw1_zpsojkenz4q.jpg

Was and is a detail I wanted on my skull. So when you can't find a matching one, what do you do? Well in my case, design it and get it 3D printed :)

2Dto3D.jpg
Took some measurements off my M1, decided on a 16 mm diameter. In perspective I compared my flat 2D image to screenshots from the film and did the 2D drawing. I then asked skylu3Design to take my drawing and turn it into a high quality 3D model. Thank you Boon.

I have since uploaded it to Shapeways and had it 3D printed, in two different materials. The reason for that was because I wanted to see the quality difference 1st hand.
And this is what it looks like.
3DPRINTSCREW.jpg
The material for the black one is called "Black Hi-Def Acrylate". The white material is called "White Strong & Flexible".

Overall I am very pleased with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to town on the jaw with my dremel and accidentally made some overall progress :)
sideB4nafter.jpg

I only removed the molded screw. And I am very happy to say that my design fits beautifully.
jawsidescrew.jpg

To be continued...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back