TFA Reys Star destroyer found part.

Came in today. For those in the states, these seem to be right image.jpegimage.jpeg

So, it turns out there is a larger, and smaller size of collet. I initially thought that the SD capacitor collet was identical to the Rey staff collets, but unfortunately not. The SD capacitor one is larger. I have collected three of the smaller 8 ridge collets for my Rey staff build. I tried one of those against the screw driver set lid, and it's clear that it's not the correct size, the external diameter is too small.

image.jpeg

Not the end of the world, as I want to use the three collects I have for a Rey staff anyway, but just a word of warning to those of you looking at buying a real collet.

I also laser cut my centre ring, 61mm ID and 81mm OD out of 5mm acrylic. Which looks pretty spot on I think. Just need to
clean up the edge.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

So, it turns out there is a larger, and smaller size of collet. I initially thought that the SD capacitor collet was identical to the Rey staff collets, but unfortunately not. The SD capacitor one is larger. I have collected three of the smaller 8 ridge collets for my Rey staff build. I tried one of those against the screw driver set lid, and it's clear that it's not the correct size, the external diameter is too small.

View attachment 625493

Not the end of the world, as I want to use the three collects I have for a Rey staff anyway, but just a word of warning to those of you looking at buying a real collet.

I also laser cut my centre ring, 61mm ID and 81mm OD out of 5mm acrylic. Which looks pretty spot on I think. Just need to
clean up the edge.

View attachment 625496View attachment 625497

Well in a behind the scenes piece on the prop, the guy was saying that they built Rey's staff, then found it was too big, so JJ had them 3D scan and print it smaller.

So that may be the issue there, should that be correct info (been a while since I've seen the vid)

Well in a behind the scenes piece on the prop, the guy was saying that they built Rey's staff, then found it was too big, so JJ had them 3D scan and print it smaller.

So that may be the issue there, should that be correct info (been a while since I've seen the vid)

I don't think that's what happened with this prop, as you can see in judgedredd's pics, his collet fits the screwdriver lid beautifully. There are also differences in the 8 ridges. On the larger collet, the ridges extend down over the length of the tapered part of the collet, and into the straight, base section. On the smaller ones, the ridges stop where the tapered part stops. Difficult to explain what I mean with out pictures!

This prop, no. Imisread your post. I thought you were saying the ones you had for Rey's staff werent matching the staff size collet.

So the collets you have for the staff DO March the screen used for size?

View attachment 625493

clean up the edge.

View attachment 625496View attachment 625497
Are you able to produce more of the rings I'd certainly be in for one if you could :)

Does anyone else's screwdriver set smell like gasoline? I've ordered about 15 sets from various sources, 13 wrong, 2 right. The right ones stink! I also have 3 collets, one of them is huge!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back