Blade Runner 2049

Re: Blade Runner Sequel

Oh I am definitely expecting it to be more action focused. I can already see the studio execs turning in their 'notes' on what the movie needs to be a blockbuster. Unfortunately I really do see it being dumbed down into something akin to the Total Recall remake. On the other hand Harrison Ford had high praise for the script so I could end up being pleasantly surprised. I'm hoping it doesn't end up another throwaway sci fi movie everyone forgets about in a month. I'm actually most excited just to see them return to the dystopian Blade Runner universe.

The big thing to me isn't the action. To me, the thing I'm worried about is story and character. That's one of the things that made the first movie interesting. It had a basic premise, which was Dekkard hunting the skin jobs. However, the characters, the interactions between characters and the how they act in the actual situation that makes me want to watch the original over and over again.

Maybe David will be the next gen skin job that Deckard has to hunt down... so he'll have to travel across the galaxy to retire him.

Can they recreate the magic? The financial bomb? the masses that did bother to see it say it was boring and slow?
The big name critics that called it pretty but empty?
Can they recapture the old Blade Runner magic!!!

;)

Re: Blade Runner 2 starts film ins this summer in Budapest

Am looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see if they make any changes to Deckards blaster...

Re: Blade Runner 2 starts film ins this summer in Budapest

Am looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see if they make any changes to Deckards blaster...

Also wondering if there will be a new iconic trench coat to look forward to.

Protip:

Don't get your hopes up.

Realistically, I expect that this will end up being a mediocre, average sci-fi flick with some cool visuals and a fairly poorly executed story that will in no way live up to the legacy of the original.

It's hard to live up to the original. It's one of those movies that didn't do well at first but gained momentum over time. The place it has in movie history is fully deserved and not something you can redo. But nevertheless I do look forward too visit that world again.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back