Wooden Tusken Gaffi stick

Cheers. That's interesting.. thanks for sharing. I've been debating this issue of the eventual finish and colour since the start. I've been trying to get a good look at the actual prop (used in attack on Luke in ANH) from photos and looking at photos of real Totokia's. I found the design of the Totokia varies but some of the ones I've seen that look similar in shape to the prop are a very dark red/brown wood finish. I realise that doesn't mean the prop wasn't painted, it probably was, but seeing as I've gone to the trouble of making them from solid hardwood I may as well see the wood finish, seems a shame to paint over it. I get your point though, who's to say they make them the same way now as in the 70's? Assuming they used a 70's one, could be older. I've used a dye rather than a stain so they should get darker with time. I don't think they'll be totally accurate but they'll be pretty close, at least in terms of materials and shape.
Andy

They look great.... Is that extra one for me? You shouldn't have! :$

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you based? Just noticed you are in Surrey...... I'm in Kingston Upon Thames

They look great.... Is that extra one for me? You shouldn't have! :$

Where are you based? Just noticed you are in Surrey...... I'm in Kingston Upon Thames

Cheers. I didn't make the extra one for anyone in particular! However, I might be selling one when they're finished. I just made two because it's not much harder than making one. I also thought I might do a slightly different mace on one and keep them both or do them identical and sell one.

I'm near Redhill mate, not a million miles from you.
Andy

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back