Bandai release schedule

Of course, I'd prefer a large Blockade Runner, but this will be a sweet (and inexpensive) kit. Big enough to light the engines. The detail looks amazing. Glass half full. Sometimes, smaller, cheaper kits means I can afford to buy, build, and display more kits. Still a win.

B*ndai's record with Star Wars (or any license for that matter) has been dismal at this point. Why are they so proud to trot out garbage like this? Leave it to other companies! Obviously, they'll do much better job.

B*ndai's is gravely incompetent at the game, if it hadn't been for those crappy G*ndam robots, they would've gone bankrupt years ago.
Totally disagree

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Love that Blockade Runner :) :) Although it is smaller, I have no doubt it will be far superior to the Fantasy Flight model wich I have on display currently :)

I see it as a test, I feel they might check if they could continue the 1/1000 scale with at least a few more rebelfleet ships. I think the ESB transport might fit the tiny kits series too, maybe followed by at least a Med Frigate in the regular sized series. Mon Cal ships proberbly to big for the 1000 scale

Last edited:
The tale of the furious fanboy.

Once there was the world's biggest collector of unfinished, and indeed unopened, Bandai kits.

"Yeah, I'll get started on these just as soon as I make some room on my workbench!" he'd say, gesturing vaguely at the groaning shelves packed with boxes.

Then, one day, the unspeakable occurred. While gazing lovingly at his stash, the shelves couldn't take any more, and collapsed in an avalanche of styrene and cardboard. It took hours for rescue personnel to excavate the World War II tank kits, the masses of Gundam boxes, the occasional Star Trek box. And it was too late!

From that day, his son swore a mighty oath. Never again! He never left his basement, and dedicated his life to posting furious screeds on the Internet, cursing his evil nemesis. "I will make them pay!" he cried.

Once there was the world's biggest collector of unfinished, and indeed unopened, Bandai kits.

"Yeah, I'll get started on these just as soon as I make some room on my workbench!" he'd say, gesturing vaguely at the groaning shelves packed with boxes.

Then, one day, the unspeakable occurred. While gazing lovingly at his stash, the shelves couldn't take any more, and collapsed in an avalanche of styrene and cardboard. It took hours for rescue personnel to excavate the World War II tank kits, the masses of Gundam boxes, the occasional Star Trek box. And it was too late!

From that day, his son swore a mighty oath. Never again! He never left his basement, and dedicated his life to posting furious screeds on the Internet, cursing his evil nemesis. "I will make them pay!" he cried.

That cracked me up.
Thanks!

On the subject it the Blockade Runner, I think it looks fantastic and yes it is a small model but we don't all have huge display rooms. Or sadly huge bank balances to spend hundreds of pounds/dollars on a model kit.
I'll definitely be getting one of these for my cabinet.

INSANELY HAPPY. Not only does it look great, but it lets me do one of these.

Can someone please knock out a modification set on Shapeways ASAP, including ramp and landing gear!
AC067B6E-BAE2-441A-A49E-D7788BEC56AC.jpeg

AC067B6E-BAE2-441A-A49E-D7788BEC56AC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please knock out a modification set on Shapeways ASAP, including ramp and landing gear!

Hey - haven't you got a billion other projects already lined up? :)

In theory this wouldn't be hard to do. From the PR photos I've seen, the Bandai Blockade Runner cockpit looks similarly sized to the 1:350 Falcon kit. So you could take the dish and cone models that fit that and modify them. The dish modifications to match the early Falcon design would be easy to do.

The main complication is, I believe, that the second conical frustum behind the cockpit on the original model was cut back (in a sort of perpendicular cylindrical fashion) to install the hammerhead design. So either the 3D modeller has to build out a replacement or fill for that part, or the cockpit would be in the wrong position (assuming you cut the Bandai plastics back) The second complication is that very few photographic references to the landing gear exist, so there'd be a lot of guesswork involved. Third, there are minor changes to the engine block, but I don't think anybody would notice if you didn't implement those. :) And finally, you'd have to modify the side cones with the cannons to resemble the escape pods, and we don't yet know if the Bandai kit makes those removable parts. I suspect they aren't, which adds to the fiddliness!

It is doable, though, and it'd be cool to see a Docking Bay 94 as it Might Have Been.

- nkg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the docking bay was one of my thoughts. Here’s my list of things to do with this kit.

Forced Perspective diorama as mentioned below (Stardestroyer in background)
Blockade Runner in bay. (Could be Stardestroyer, could be Profundity...maybe even with a Vader in foreground, and lit engines!)
Revenge Of The Sith Tantive with neon lighting and blue livery.
Falcon conversion with Death Star Docking Bay (McQuarrie walls)

I toyed with doing a Docking Bay 94, but it’s structurally too different.

The McQuarrie Docking Bay 94 looks rectilinear, not round. So it'd be easier to make anyway!

- nkg

Last edited:
Some folks have resorted to name-calling over an opinion they didn't like, pity...
You'll find a thousand more modelers who share the dissatisfaction as I have.
We're lucky brand-B has put the Star Wars license on life support rather than simply chuck it into the bin.

Some folks have resorted to name-calling over an opinion they didn't like, pity...
You'll find a thousand more modelers who share the dissatisfaction as I have.
We're lucky brand-B has put the Star Wars license on life support rather than simply chuck it into the bin.

Oh, how cute....he is the victim now. Do you build models at all? You behave as a little kid who wants only BIG toys to fill his room. Its obvious you dont talk like someone who takes a model (or scratchbuild it) and makes said model come to LIFE. So you even build? Maybe you do at a quality unseen yet here and that gives you the authority to spend 90% of your time here viciously critiquing Bandai. Did it took long to climb up that pedestal?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! I just thought about a new t-shirt:

KEEP CALM
AND
WHINE ABOUT
BANDAI

Lets do some! LOL!

Hmmm.

I do scratchbuilds, and there are some kits out there with my name for making the master.

And I am still no fanboy for 90 percent of the Bandai offerings. Nice detailing on some parts, but toy like panelling as deathstar trenches. Or way to small.

Now, what makes that from me in today's hallelujah Bandai times?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back