Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

To be fair,

Star Wars = mysticism (mostly) and Star Trek = Tech-speak

Nothing violent :eek, but you had mentioned being massless to reach c. The faster you go, the greater your mass, the more energy required..

Both statements are true. If you have mass, you are not massless, and can never get to c. If, like the photon, you have a rest mass of zero...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I couldn't find that quote in the article.

They wanted Luke Skywalker to fly down in his X-Wing, to hit some bad guys with his lightsaber, to save the day and live happily ever after with Leia—whether she's his sister or not.

Implied incest.

Then there are those who think the movie should have been populated by only hot white heroes with lots of abs doing manly things.

Why bring race-baiting?

Guess you didn't read that too closely?

Last edited by a moderator:

Consider the source, Esquire? Not exactly deep thinking material there.

The way the writer built that article, he sure thinks highly of himself as the sole source of interpretation on the matter. I'd bet my last penny he thinks himself the deepest thinker on TLJ. Also, look at their financials and where ownership/partnership comes from. :cool This is but one of several media outlets that publishes these crap-tastic articles.

They're clearly poking fun at toxic brodawgs.
Yay, merry-go-round.

So if that's the case - why not make that distinction? They just say 'Star Wars fans' followed by what ever it is. They don't say 'Toxic Star Wars fans' blah blah blah. Do not marginalize everyone as a collective. If they keep making articles, I keep posting it. It stops when they stop.

They wanted Luke Skywalker to fly down in his X-Wing, to hit some bad guys with his lightsaber, to save the day and live happily ever after with Leia—whether she's his sister or not.

Implied incest.

Then there are those who think the movie should have been populated by only hot white heroes with lots of abs doing manly things.

Why bring race-baiting?

Guess you didn't read that too closely?

I for one never wanted Luke to do any of that. I always like Luke while he's burning his father on the pyre. To me he always had this bitter sweetness to him. He didn't get the girl, but he'd saved his father resisted the Emperor/Dark Side temptations. But he'd let himself slip a couple of times and his father was killed. To me Luke will always be defined by that moment he stares into the flames of that pyre. Unsure of the future.

Sorry that was random :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone else notice Solo is still in theaters?

I fully believe if they announced KK actually stepping down ticket sales would see an odd rise. I know I would go see it 5 or 6 times personally. Yes I am one of those people who feel TLJ is the worst movie they have ever seen in a theater. And until I know there is a change... I’m done paying to see any new Disney/LFL stuff.

No I don’t believe that I will make a change by not buying a ticket. But they still aren’t getting anymore of my money.

I would say my SW collection is upwards of 100k...

I have no interest in arguing with people that LOVED it. Good for you. Thinking about the scenes that are burned into my brain makes me feel physically ill. I truly wish it didn’t!

It’s like when you click on an autopsy picture of a celeb that you liked... you instantly don’t know why you looked and it sticks in your brain for the rest of your life. Yes... I just went there.

Then we should afford the same level of thought to videos and posts using the terms sjw, soyboy, and virtue signaling.

There's nothing wrong with those words, it's all about context.

When the context is "Shame on you Nerdboy for not agreeing with us and thus we'll call you a bigot, racist, sexist or whatever" Then it is wrong to use those words.

That's just fine on Youtube or on a blog, but i just don't expect this form the mainstream media.

That was not at all the tone of the article. Clearly you didn't actually read it.

I did actually, and it doesn't surprise me that just like with Star Wars fans the writer defends people like Zoe Quinn who is absolutely deplorable and shames gamers that dare to take issue with her and the media's unethical practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back