The Forceforum.com collectibles?

Just got my Wedge X-wing helmet from these guys. Thought I'd post pictures of it as a cautionary tale to others.
Image.jpeg
Image-1.jpeg
Image-3.jpeg
Image-4.jpeg
Image-2.jpeg
Image-13.jpeg
Image-18.jpeg
Image-17.jpeg
Image-15.jpeg
Image-11.jpeg

Well, some recent drama unfolded today between Force Forum's owner Mike Herron, and members of the FB Blaster group as well as one or more of the prop builders who's products were offered on the website. Ultimately it led to claims of recasted products from one prop builder....and from an unrelated prop builder, banned from selling products on the Force Forum, for apparently not supporting (actually taking a middle road) Force Forum and it's owner, Mike Herron, in those exchanges. All details in the SW Blaster Build Group.

Buyer beware as the Force Forum has many different types of props. Please do your research as product details on the website are limited at best.
IMG_3546.PNG

The first two messages were to the admin of a well known collecting group on FB. Needless to say, Herron was removed. It is clear he sees the community as his own cash machine.

The last screen shot was from a PM he sent me when I was building the first wave if DL44 blasters. Needless to say, I was livid and parted ways immediately after.

Fast forward to the begining of June and I discover his new builder Michael Castro of Irmao Custom Models is using 3rd generation recast parts on $15 mauser toys and charging $200 + for them. When asked about electronic specs and a few other standard questions as you would when making such a person, a smoke and mirrors game ensued, being deliberately evasive with answers and then Mike resorting to goading and an insulting manner towards the guy asking genuine questions.

It's also been alleged that physical threats were made to at least one member who didn't tow the FF line of sycophantic ***** kissing, members booted or banned for stating a neither positive or outright negative review of products...
The list of problems and issues is long indeed...a quick search on Facebooks Star Wars Blaster Builder group should give you all the answers you need.

So basically, stay away from the Force Forum. Do you research, and buy direct from the builder/maker of each prop.
1df7414f8dff9d42746c83d1cda3302f.jpg
4e313c6fb6a91ac0431e5311c0bec901.jpg
5683c3521793228718a0600b5af88db3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First of all those aren’t even good insults[emoji14]. Second of all there mean, and have no good reason to be said to you.
What an immature jerk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems that there's a plant on the RPF Facebook group page. As someone posted twice about how The Force Forum is his favorite place for "lightsabers and other Star Wars Swagg" (yes, two g's). First time posted, comments were left on, and he turned them off. Second time posted with comments already turned off.

I saw that earlier...stooges shilling.
If your products are good, customer services and ethics on point then that in itself speaks volumes. Having people make posts like that reeks of desperation and damage control...

Seems that there's a plant on the RPF Facebook group page. As someone posted twice about how The Force Forum is his favorite place for "lightsabers and other Star Wars Swagg" (yes, two g's). First time posted, comments were left on, and he turned them off. Second time posted with comments already turned off.

And the RPF Staff dont care/arent doing anything about it?

WTF?

How can a 'normal user' post if comments are turned off? Are you saying some sort of FB page admin had to be part of this?

And the RPF Staff dont care/arent doing anything about it?

WTF?

How can a 'normal user' post if comments are turned off? Are you saying some sort of FB page admin had to be part of this?

No, I reported it to admins of the page due to 1) being a duplicate post half an hour later and 2) comments being turned off due to probably a lot of drama it would incite. Whether anything gets done about it is out of our hands. If you create a post, you are allowed to turn off comments, especially due to sniping/undercutting comments in sales posts. While that doesn't happen often, it does happen.

Got an email from Michael Tinson at Forceforum asking if I'm happy with my purchase. Sent him a detailed explanation of how the helmet sucks; haven't heard anything yet.

I'm not affiliated with them by any means but
I saw some pictures on a fb group that someone was selling the 850 FO Armor, it looks pretty good from what I can see.

t5gi90.jpg

I'm not surprised seeing the Force Forum guys trolling/having people troll on their behalf. The whole situation from the start smelled bad. To be honest.

Got an email from Michael Tinson at Forceforum asking if I'm happy with my purchase. Sent him a detailed explanation of how the helmet sucks; haven't heard anything yet.

Wedge's helmet was one that I was eyeing. After your experience though, I'm going to stay away.

I dont see how the helmet sucks. Take a look at the originals, if you saw one in person or received one in the mail you would thing you got scammed and got a fake. Your wedge looks better then the original screen used helmet. I see nothing wrong with it, it all adds to the weathering.

The original helmet.

wedge5.jpg

Sloppy black trim lines and lots of paint chips.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back