The Hobbit - Erebor Dwarf Armour - FINISHED

Great video! I don't have any direct contacts to anyone at Weta, but if you're ever out this way, you can stay with us and we'll take you down to Wellington to the Weta Cave!

I'd LOVE to visit you @Blaxmyth but money is the real issue.

Finally, got some proper pictures of this beastie. Had a great photoshoot this weekend with Rale Photography, loving the shots he's released so far.

10013366_595175200592069_8419910440417330874_o.jpg

10325215_595175220592067_6515952825852958964_n.jpg

10620616_595175257258730_5297728682826983641_n.jpg

10646787_595175260592063_4520753776777482178_n.jpg

10687222_595175187258737_6618382817359370603_n.jpg

This is amazing. I really want a helmet like this. Say....How much would you charge me in US$ if I had you make a helmet, like yours, for me? I would really like it if you did his, because I don't know if I could make one on my own. Thanks!

This is amazing. I really want a helmet like this. Say....How much would you charge me in US$ if I had you make a helmet, like yours, for me? I would really like it if you did his, because I don't know if I could make one on my own. Thanks!
Heh well I'm not sure. I've never made one as a commission before so I'm not sure about the time it would take. But I think maybe $500 would be a safe bet for a full custom hand made and painted piece.

Love the costume. I've been following since I first saw the helmet pic through google and waiting for the rest to get completed. I too have been working on a Dwarf of Erebor costume since I started with a yarn beard that turned out epic. A friend started with a helmet base for me but kinda stalled so I picked up where he left off and removed a few unfinished pieces so I could wear it to Dallas Fandays. Since then I have been trying to get something close to the movie style Moria helmet similar to yours.
I also have been hoping to find a friend to do some forced perspective pictures showing my dwarf that isn't as tall as a human.

Great job

Love the costume. I've been following since I first saw the helmet pic through google and waiting for the rest to get completed. I too have been working on a Dwarf of Erebor costume since I started with a yarn beard that turned out epic. A friend started with a helmet base for me but kinda stalled so I picked up where he left off and removed a few unfinished pieces so I could wear it to Dallas Fandays. Since then I have been trying to get something close to the movie style Moria helmet similar to yours.
I also have been hoping to find a friend to do some forced perspective pictures showing my dwarf that isn't as tall as a human.

Great job

Nice, this sounds like an awesome idea. Let me know how it goes!

Dude, really, I admire how that costume turned out. Like really, if I had the time and skill I would try it myself.
I've been wanting to say this for a while now, and I saw the chanse to do so just now, becasue I'd want to link it with something else. My eye dropped on this contest on Facebook were you can win the Arkenstone, you only have to proof that you are "the biggest fan", well, a picture of your suit would be better than any of the things I've seen appear. So I'd say, give it a shot, you never know, and really, I think it's worth quite a lot.

Anyway, really, that suit is awesome, maybe if I'm ready with my own current project I'm gonna give it a shot (with a lot of help from your thread ofcourse).

Dude, really, I admire how that costume turned out. Like really, if I had the time and skill I would try it myself.
I've been wanting to say this for a while now, and I saw the chanse to do so just now, becasue I'd want to link it with something else. My eye dropped on this contest on Facebook were you can win the Arkenstone, you only have to proof that you are "the biggest fan", well, a picture of your suit would be better than any of the things I've seen appear. So I'd say, give it a shot, you never know, and really, I think it's worth quite a lot.

Anyway, really, that suit is awesome, maybe if I'm ready with my own current project I'm gonna give it a shot (with a lot of help from your thread ofcourse).

Thanks so much!! And please toss the link to this contest my way, I'd love to win something for my costume :p I didn't win anything at my work's halloween costume contest due to a crappy photo of it taken on the day, and missed out on the Hobbit Fan Contest.

https://www.facebook.com/TheHobbitBE/app_1564734343743091
Here it is, but since I live in Belgium, it's the dutch page, no idea if you'll be able to see it. Maybe the American page has an equal contest, I really wouldn't know.
But anyway, I really hope you win, your costume is amazing. You would be the rightful winner IMO.

Hmm, I entered, but I suspect I have to be a local in order to win, the North American page doesn't seem to have any contests going :(

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back