jeres space marine build wip

i have been printing teeth's for chain and trying on detail plates and m5 hex bolts as fake rivets

-jere

teeth from red esun abs +
3d printed teeths.JPG

detail plates and fake rivets at handle part (handle will be re printed from pla)
3d printing detail plates  (1).JPG 3d printing detail plates  (2).JPG

3d printing detail plates  (3).JPG 3d printing detail plates  (4).JPG

esun abs+ versions of chain sword parts have been replaced with pla printed ones.
handle is now partly glued and last chain sword side part is currently being printed,
next i get to make either printed or wood or plastic sheet joining piece between two sides :D

chain sword progress (2).JPG chain sword progress (1).JPG

chain sword progress (4).JPGchain sword progress (3).JPG

yours - jere

biggest join piece made today, some glue joints are not fully flush but i shall see if little filler/sanding and painting makes them invisible :facepalm i am still bad at gluing, maybe better at future, i can always also make more pieces to make better glue joints if i need to :)

yours - jere

first full assembly of sides (1).JPGfirst full assembly of sides (3).JPGfirst full assembly of sides (2).JPG

today is time to show powerfist progress, main new things are: new shell (made of thick eva foam mat), new tiny arduino board, thumb is finally designed and printed, also i have been making new version of servo splitter (first is so Frankenstein) :p

some pics to tell more

new shell

powerfist things (1).JPG

closer pic of shell

powerfist things (2).JPG

tiny arduino

powerfist things (3).JPG

new splitter at rightside

powerfist things (4).JPG

yours - jere

splitter has been tested today, and i have been making mounting points for screws that shall also work as "bearing" for no-servo servo sides of fingers, all fingers move, i just need to print servo horn holders for thumb, as soon as my m3 flathead rivet nut order comes from ebay, i get to mount all fingers to new mount plate and into fine tuning servo angles.

to do to get into fully working wip version: mount for thumb to get it into upper position, adjust angels for servos, create hand holders for quick release system, aka straps (mounts to mount plate)

ebay orders will take couple weeks to arrive, next pictures are hopefully from fully working wip fist (which is inside of evafoam shell and is installed to my arm via quick relase/straps system)

photos:

powerfist making (1).JPGpowerfist making (2).JPG

yours - jere

while waiting for ebay orders, i continued to create other parts, upper armor lower lip part is now installed and was tested with partly installed cod / abs parts, so far looking good even without support harness :D also new lighter and easier to use holders for pipes that will act as knee joint mounts were designed and test printed, also pex pipes will be swapped by aluminium ones for lightness and rigidity at least inside of legs :p

some pics:

P1040275.JPG P1040281.JPG P1040282.JPG

yours - jere

next big thing for this build is going to be printing this 3d model made from space marines pepakura imported obj, which was made to stl and modified inside of blender to get more roundness and thickness, this will be biggest thing, that i have tried to print with my 3d printer :eek i am nervously starting some trial and error

helmet.png

yours - jere

greetings for all, i have got these past weeks finally some proper progress with powerfist and i would say that within some months, i should get this part kind of done for this build :) i am been slow as donkey, but i hope that scale of this project gives some room for being slow maker, working at farm is taking some time too. also saving money for filaments etc also slows me down :wacko

for now i have for powerfist:

working wip base for fingers. battery and all electronics needed

eva foam shell (wip)

working code (yay, that small arduino was such a pain to get work)

pics from current stage:

progress (1).JPG

progress (2).JPG

test video:

Last edited by a moderator:
this evening i managed to build working legs kneejoint system, its easy to adjust, just cut away holding zip tie, lift one hole pair up or lower one pair down and install new zip ties :) this will help my parts mocking up lot, since i dont nomore need to support leg parts myself, since knee joints will hold upper and lower leg parts together, another legs parts are currently being printed

yours - jere

View attachment 754536

knee joint "system"
View attachment 754535
another angle

View attachment 754534

testing knee joints

legs knee systems are now made, apart from fixing other sides knee joint parts. next thing to make are leg risers, that i will need to get, so that i can install my shoes inside of marines "shoe" parts:D

leg making (1).JPG leg making (2).JPG

yours - jere

before starting legs raiser parts (need to save some money and gather parts/items for them), i reeled my attention into supporting shoulder armors weight, this support system is mashup of old idea of mine and balljoint system from thingiverse, which maker i havent yet finded atgen which is sad, during these resent weeks i have also updated my small "workshop" with new shelfes to get more space to build things :)

some pics:

joint testings (2).JPG joint testings (1).JPG

"workshop" updates:

work shop updating (1).JPG work shop updating (2).JPG

yours - jere

Speaking from experience, you'll want to move pivot of the shoulder joint. I tried having it the way you're currently doing it, and it just doesn't look right. Here's a quick picture to show you what I mean.
shoulderjoint.png
The left picture is where the pivot is on your armor right now, the right picture is where it should be. If you look at Sylgian's build, he came to the same conclusion.

Speaking from experience, you'll want to move pivot of the shoulder joint. I tried having it the way you're currently doing it, and it just doesn't look right. Here's a quick picture to show you what I mean.
View attachment 757586
The left picture is where the pivot is on your armor right now, the right picture is where it should be. If you look at Sylgian's build, he came to the same conclusion.

i just made this same mod, nice info, thanks bummer6

yours -jere

today, i have finally got power fist power system into its pre final form, no more usb port, and much simplier design. i ditched 5v regulator and got myself 5v ubec that has max of 15A as a short term peak load, as a bonus i have power switch without any mods needed too :lol
As a battery i shall use 2s 7,2v 1500mah small lipo battery, which will be so much easier to attach to powerfists frame (after i get my holder design done and printed), also added weight is only ~ 90 grams. time will tell how much usage time i get with this small *******, support frame of fist will be remade from abs sheet or i design printable support frame, dont know yet which i choose in the end.

here some pics after keepiing small hiatus due some personal matters and busy time at home farm :)

new power system (1).JPG new power system (3).JPG new power system (4).JPG

yours - jere

today a matter of supporting cod piece with abs part was solved after little 3d printing with some bought items from local stores and handcrafting events (leather purse bottoms as stress reliefers :D)

yours -jere

support thing made (2).JPG support thing made (1).JPG support thing made (3).JPG support thing made (4).JPG

hi, i am sorry for not posting for a while, since i am waiting order of eva foam and been fixing my 3d printer, meantime i started to create some new templates from pepakura also been testing scale of (jet?) jump pack thing for making some use of eva foam when it shall arrive.

yours - jere

testing templates:

20180209_205759.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back