ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

was really interested in getting the Snowtrooper kit, but damn even the cheapest shipping option to Australia is like $89! I think I will pass.............

Same here to ship to Canada. They ask 60-isch$ USD + 12$ handling and shipping garbage to me so I had to skip again, it doesn't make any sense to pay another 100$ CAD for something that should fit in a very very small box. Shipping should have been more around 20$ with their huge shipping discounts! I just don't get it.

I had the showtrooper ensemble on order back in the days, I've cancelled that a long time ago after the delays...

Anovos rep "confirmed" that the finished snowtrooper helmets are "looking good" for shipping within the "winter" dates.

sigh..
Where can you talk to an actual rep that gives real updates? I want to know the state of Kylo Premiere costumes - like a progress report that is thorough and fully transparent.

Anovos rep "confirmed" that the finished snowtrooper helmets are "looking good" for shipping within the "winter" dates.

sigh..

I only got a date from them once - but i only asked one and they beat it by a bit over 2 weeks.

From their POV, winter runs through March 20, so they've still got a couple months to make that date. Not saying they will though.

I thought about pre-ordering the snowtrooper costume and am glad now with all the delays that I didn't. Just to put into perspective; I've almost finished my Masters degree (graduate in June) in the time it went up for pre-order to now.

Without saying who, I did hear from one person that Anovos had to trash the whole Kylo Premiere product and start over. Yes, if the quality sucked that is what one does. I would too if it were my company. But has anyone else heard this? I thought it a bit extreme but I looked back over the postponement announcements and they at one point said that it was "nearing the end of production" but that was a very long time ago.

And it doesn't explain delays with other products. I doubt that everything delayed has been a start over.

I don't want to cancel but I probably just wont need it if it doesnt come in time for the next Halloween season.

They would retain so many more customers if they were open and transparent. They just don't get that obvious fact.

***** hell, someone already got the snowtrooper helmet kit on one of the facebook groups

They DID NOT update the package photo, it's still the MonCal helmet, and the faceplate is not shaped correctly...This is aggravating to no end..

***** hell, someone already got the snowtrooper helmet kit on one of the facebook groups

They DID NOT update the package photo, it's still the MonCal helmet, and the faceplate is not shaped correctly...This is aggravating to no end..

Most likely it was determined that getting a packaging change would delay the item even longer so they just stuck with the approved insert.

Are you saying the actual product is shaped incorrectly or the item in the product photo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Are you saying the actual product is shaped incorrectly or the item in the product photo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The product image and the actual product itself are 2 completely different helmets.

I can be quite critical of of the final product as they updated it on their website, but I'm certainly hoping the construction of the final helmet I "eventually" receive is better, otherwise, the finished helmet in the update website photos, is not built quite right.

They also said that they were against that decision and fought it, as it was called a valuable communication tool - but they were still denied.

Oh wow - Thank you cboath and ggriffaw - knowing this helps a LOT!!!! Truly - to know that it is not the Anovos decision to hide things imparts more patience and understanding and it just seems to me that all Disney / LFL have to do is approve or disapprove posts: They have the time and people to do this. It would HELP Anovos.

But this is great to know - thanks for pointing this out!

Oh wow - Thank you cboath and ggriffaw - knowing this helps a LOT!!!! Truly - to know that it is not the Anovos decision to hide things imparts more patience and understanding and it just seems to me that all Disney / LFL have to do is approve or disapprove posts: They have the time and people to do this. It would HELP Anovos.

I do think the update emails and Shipping Calendar updates could be more helpful. Sometimes the shipping estimate isn't updated until just before the previous estimate is over and it is still quite a while before the product ships. This is especially an issue with certain products that have been delayed numerous times.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

if they put as much effort into actually making some products as they are in sending out cease and desist orders..they might have some more happy customers

Corporate probably doesn't want you knowing how massively picky they are over the packaging. That itself can take months unfortunately and sadly doesn't go much quicker on subsequent products because it has to go through all the same channels all over again.

Corporate probably doesn't want you knowing how massively picky they are over the packaging. That itself can take months unfortunately and sadly doesn't go much quicker on subsequent products because it has to go through all the same channels all over again.
Yes, that would be a sad dynamic. However, given that the prototype for some of these products has been finished for, for all intents and purposes, forever, it would be even sadder if corporate insisted on packaging changes of any kind - the boxes should be waiting. It is my hope that Anovos wants to communicate better with us but is prevented. But whoever is preventing communication is causing Anovos to lose money as folks cancel. Just as with the airlines, the customer is considered an inconvenience on the way to money. But the public should never EVER accept the overselling of airlines seats as an economic "reality." Ever. And that obviously extends to other companies who think they are clever for having discovered the modern business model. Anyway, thanks again cboath and ggriffaw for balancing some of the energies out here. The only thing next is a health care debate, huh... ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back