ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

The "first 50" as some refer to them that were sold exclusively to the 501st, were fiberglass helmets. Not like this quality, and accuracy. A common issue was that the "face" (the black portion) would separate from the dome/lower "jaw" portion. Other people had questionable finishes, buckle greeblies the wrong direction, etc. but the biggest being that they'd start falling apart.

Once the econo helmets came out, I swear I heard a collective sigh of relief as they mostly all jumped ship for that one.
Ah I see I see. I think they have fixed these issues in the mass released ones. Anovos did report that the delay on the premier FO lid was due to some QC issues in China. Glad we getting a good quality piece now

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

I just received my Shadow Stormtrooper helmet kit after paying for it just shy of 2 years ago.

The face and head have numerous scuff marks and scratches on it.

Only half of the head was covered in plastic to prevent this.

I just sent them an email w/ photos asking for a replacement.

After all this time they're just shooting themselves in the foot by skimping on a piece of cling plastic.

Anovos Shadow Stormtrooper Goobic 11.07.17 01.JPGAnovos Shadow Stormtrooper Goobic 11.07.17 02.JPGAnovos Shadow Stormtrooper Goobic 11.07.17 03.JPGAnovos Shadow Stormtrooper Goobic 11.07.17 04.JPGAnovos Shadow Stormtrooper Goobic 11.07.17 05.JPGAnovos Shadow Stormtrooper Goobic 11.07.17 06.JPGAnovos Shadow Stormtrooper Goobic 11.07.17 07.JPG

I just received my Shadow Stormtrooper helmet kit after paying for it just shy of 2 years ago.

After all this time they're just shooting themselves in the foot by skimping on a piece of cling plastic.

View attachment 771830View attachment 771831View attachment 771832View attachment 771833View attachment 771834View attachment 771835View attachment 771836

Unless the package it came in was thrown from a plane at 33,000 feet, that face mask was severely mishandled at the factory. I've seen plenty of ABS TK helmets drop at events and sustain very little damage like what I see there.

Unless the package it came in was thrown from a plane at 33,000 feet, that face mask was severely mishandled at the factory. I've seen plenty of ABS TK helmets drop at events and sustain very little damage like what I see there.

The package arrived mint, unsealed, nearly a perfect cube.

This was a package of damaged parts.

I believe the kit pieces are normally vacuformed with the cling plastic already in place - the film will not be immediately obvious. At least, the full armor kits were. Loose plastic film like what is on your rear helmet piece was less common. Are you sure your helmet face does not still have this protective layer still in place? The look of those scuffs/scratches and the ragged edge looks to me more like the protective cling plastic than bare ABS. Apologies if you've already verified its absence.

Last edited:
I believe the kit pieces are normally vacuformed with the cling plastic already in place - the film will not be immediately obvious. At least, the full armor kits were. Loose plastic film like what is on your rear helmet piece was less common. Are you sure your helmet face does not still have this protective layer still in place? The look of those scuffs/scratches and the ragged edge looks to me more like the protective cling plastic than bare ABS. Apologies if you've already verified its absence.

I'll second this reply, it's clear in the photos that there's still the surface clear plastic coating on the faceplate that needs peeling off, this is a coating on the abs that is supposed to be removed unlike the cling film that was added over this. You can see it on the edges where the cuts are. My DA Props TIE kit looked very similar with scuffs everywhere when it first arrived, but after peeling the clear layer off it was perfect.

Dan

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'll second this reply, it's clear in the photos that there's still the surface clear plastic coating on the faceplate that needs peeling off, this is a coating on the abs that is supposed to be removed unlike the cling film that was added over this. You can see it on the edges where the cuts are. My DA Props TIE kit looked very similar with scuffs everywhere when it first arrived, but after peeling the clear layer off it was perfect.

Dan

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I would love to know if this is actually the case. Looks to me like it too - I would HOPE it is all okay after all that time. I'm in the same boat waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.

Just received the Poe Dameron Black Squadron helmet today. For my purposes, I think Anovos did a very nice job with it; it looks sharp. The weight feels good. Comparing this to the black series, they are about the same size - i didn't take any measurements, just eyeballed it. The visor doesn't move on the Anovos and the top center of the visor shield is farther from the helmet than on the black series.

Last edited:
Just received the Poe Dameron Black Squadron helmet today. For my purposes, I think Anovos did a very nice job with it; it looks sharp. The weight feels good. Comparing this to the black series, they are about the same size - i didn't take any measurements, just eyeballed it. The visor doesn't move on the Anovos and the top center of the visor shield is farther from the helmet than on the black series.

Sounds good! The Black Series helmet is based on the TLJ helmet which differs a little from the TFA helmet that the Anovos helmet replicates. I'd love to see some pics of the production helmet!

Man. many thanks for the pictures! The helmet looks very very cool and can't wait to received mine(hope before christmas). But I am so very happy with my Hasbro one to.

A few things that I am slightly disappointed about with the Anovos Poe are the fixed visor and the interior of the helmet. The clear visor literally has a screw in the middle of the blast shield holding it in place. The interior is the soft black lining that they have used on previous fiberglass helmets. Since the interior is visible on this type of helmet, I would have preferred an interior that looks more like a real flight helmet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I definitely prefer the profile of the TFA helmet, but this emphasizes what a great job Hasbro did with the Black Series.
Some of the differences could be so the Black Series was cheap enough to produce and still sell it for the price point they wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Some of the differences could be so the Black Series was cheap enough to produce and still sell it for the price point they wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Well, there are definitely changes to make it easier to produce, but I'm talking about the changes that are clearly on Poe's helmet in the recent displays, such as the change in the visor housing profile, the changes in the right cheek greeblie and the rear left greeblie which s now rectangular, as opposed to cylindrical.

Has anyone made a good review of Hasbro vs Anovos? I mean, I’m looking at the Hasbro helmet and I almost find it better (in pictures) than the Anovos one. And considering it’s 400$ cheaper, it’s hard to convince ourself that it’s an obvious choice to go Anovos!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back