Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Nice work Cheetahkid - anyone with the skills to do should be applauded...dont think you'll get any haters on here!!

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

With foam builds do you still bondo/sand to get the smooth finish? I don't know the process after the part is built using foam. I have a fiberglass back ground which why I lean toward that...more work..yes..alot

Just tried printing out the

SHARKMAN_IM_MK6_HELM_FOAM A4.pdo

Version. But when I go to print it it always says the size of paper specified by pepakura is not the same paper settings but everything is set to A4, also when I do a test print of page 1 the cut out gaps and not complete, the ends are not there.

Another quick question do these files fit someone 6 foot ? Thanks (U.K. builder)

It's really frustrating me. I can't downloan the helmet file. Every time I try, it redirects me to some search engine

Just tried printing out the

SHARKMAN_IM_MK6_HELM_FOAM A4.pdo

Version. But when I go to print it it always says the size of paper specified by pepakura is not the same paper settings but everything is set to A4, also when I do a test print of page 1 the cut out gaps and not complete, the ends are not there.

Another quick question do these files fit someone 6 foot ? Thanks (U.K. builder)

im sure these files r scaled for 6foot, as for the missing ends I have not done a pep helmet yet but if the rest is to be gone by you just use your initiative to figure where they would end buddy.

Yep I did a test print and cut and changed a few things around to make Ti better, well for me, to make the Helm. I was more asking incase it was a settings problem and I was doing something wrong. Almost finished the helmet now.

Where is everybody making their seems in the abdominal piece?

Just started making a mark VI...can't seem to get the helmet pieces lined up correct...using foam from hobby lobby, it's pretty thin...any suggestions??

Hey guys. I've been away from the craft for a little while but I'm starting up again. One of the things that slowed me down before was what foam to get. The main body is no problem. It's the helmet that is bothering me. I know it should be thinner than the body. I've read that yoga mats work, but they seem a little flimsy to me. Is this what everyone else is using?

Hey guys. I've been away from the craft for a little while but I'm starting up again. One of the things that slowed me down before was what foam to get. The main body is no problem. It's the helmet that is bothering me. I know it should be thinner than the body. I've read that yoga mats work, but they seem a little flimsy to me. Is this what everyone else is using?

I made my helmet out of 6mm thick foam from a local craft store. I would agree with you saying that yoga mats are to flimsy. I posted a picture earlier on this thread but here it is again.

iron-man-mark-4-6-pepakura-foam-templates-video-tutorial-link-first-post-helmet-un-painted.jpg-188220d1369338110

I'm already pretty familiar with the pepakura software, but I'm confused how the smooth faces were achieved in this pep:

immk6foam.jpg

All I've seen the software do is refuse to merge any edges that aren't perfectly planar or very close to it, and that helmet looks like it has some fairly drastic angles (like the ones on the top/back).

Some people can help me please ?

hi , i have build an helmet of iron man whit your pepakura file using foam ld 45 white 8 mm, now i have give 4 layer of glue .
but now i have a problem , when i cut the faceplate , it change, it does not take the shape and does not fit more with the helmet.
something wrong?
how can I do cause the faceplate does not change shape?
When i must cut the faceplate ? first the glue ? or after the glue ?

Hey guys I've been having a lot of trouble with the arms, any one have this problem?
These is a huge gap!.

New to this site but here is my progress so far:

2012-10-21_04-35-22_241.jpg2012-10-28_21-54-23_115.jpg2012-10-30_22-07-06_116.jpg2012-10-30_22-34-11_792.jpg2012-11-06_18-35-12_808.jpg2012-11-10_20-31-15_296-1.jpg20130530_122620.jpg

Last edited:

I think the issue may be not enough of a gap between the actual bicep plates and also the narrow inside section of the upper part of the bicep is stepped down from the outside upper section. guesstimation, tweaking and looking at the pepakura 3d window while building is always a good option. I always think of the pep as a plan with the fun part being how to make it fit etc, especially with foam as a lot of parts have been removed as inconsequential due to being able to use foam thickness to counteract steps etc

Hey guys I've been having a lot of trouble with the arms, any one have this problem?
These is a huge gap!.

[url]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/skywarp181/photo_zpsa4bc8d1f.jpg[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back