Cantwell T16 Skyhopper research thread

I still can't get over Julien finding one in his car..can you imagine how messy his car has to be..( hey a need a old whopper container....GOT it..found it in my car)

I still can't get over Julien finding one in his car..can you imagine how messy his car has to be..( hey a need a old whopper container....GOT it..found it in my car)

You're right, my car is messy, just like my modelshop ! :lol

Gonna send the roll by saturday to Jason, I used as much as I can the old tape to not waste it ! :lol

Thanks to our friends at Rebelscum for documenting the Ralph McQuarrie exhibit at C-V.

IMG_6777.JPG

I've been on the lookout for vintage tape cores. The top is wrong, but was an interesting variant. The bottom one was found today in Oakland. It's actually different than I had originally imagined. There are two widths of scotch tape I am familiar with. One the normal width maybe 3/4", and then 1/2". Not sure if it's the right core on the bottom, but it's the narrower width. If Jason wants it for casting ping me.

5074207092_5606314470.jpg

Hey guys, I know this isn't a physical model, but it was inspired by this thread. I took a lot of the photos from this thread and used them with sketchup's photomatch function.

hope you enjoy!

5358835855_c9d60efe17_o.jpg

5359449126_2b0ae75115_o.jpg

thanks Darth Myeek!

I've always loved the skyhopper, and I've always wanted to get close to it. Nothing gets you closer to a beloved ship than getting right up to your eyeballs recreating it's tiniest details.

When we figure them all out, yep!

Decal project is finished - prepping file to send to the shop this week. Then I finish the Antique Viper pattern, then I work in earnest on the BR Blimp. The T-16 remains an active project, but we're still hunting for IDs. I worked with my lasercutter and we figured out how to reliably cut the wings with scribed lines on both sides! THAT will save time and headaches.

Everything is pretty much in this thread, anyway... if you don't want to wait for the kit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back