The end of JJTrek, finally?

I can say with a perfectly straight face that I think being a Trekkie in the 70s gave you a different perspective on the TOS films. I just watched a KRON-TV raw film archive from teh opening of the Federation Trading Post on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley, talking about “a new film will start production in the fall” a good 3 yrs before TMP actually started.

I guess you had to be there, hearing about Trek starting up for YEARS with false hopes, false starts, rumours of wacky scripts, tales of contract disputes. When we finally got the cast together and got to see them trekkin’ again, it was a blessing.

Something from TV going to big screen, not sure that happened before?
So that was kind of new.

Usually the films spawned TV shows... Planet of the Apes. Logan's Run.

For me nothing will even beat the moment when the refit Enterprise was revealed in TMP. Truly awe inspiring.
Went back to the theater a couple of time to see it just because of that.

Something from TV going to big screen, not sure that happened before?
So that was kind of new.

Not sure it was the first TV series to spawn a movie, but I know that it was the first cancelled Sci-Fi TV series to get a movie made (the only other? Firefly/Serenity. And at least TOS made it to Syndication).

Star Fleet is just another way of saying “space navy.” Don’t forget the episode where Scotty reports to the Captain, “special space detail set, sir.” Some Navy vet put that in a script, me thinks.

TOS crew was pretty drinky. LOL
Fighting styles was all TV westerns bar fights, maybe the whiskey aspect carried over too.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back