Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Where the hell does it glorify Islamic terrorists? I wasn't aware Connor was an Islamic Terrorist. :confused Ironic though, given what my ethnic background is. Even creepier you're looking into my cosplay stuff when admittedly, that has no bearing on this conversation.

Seems very much to be the use of an Ad Hominem Fallacy.

No intention of being creepy. You literally have link for it in the bottom of all your posts. It actually very splendid work.

But yeah the Assassins are based off a group of Muslims, a kind of third sect. And found themselves in stuck between a rock and a hard place when the Crusades happened. With Crusaders on one side, and Sunnis and Shiites on the other. So they took to assassinating people they didn't get along with. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins

No intention of being creepy. You literally have link for it in the bottom of all your posts. It actually very splendid work.

But yeah the Assassins are based off a group of Muslims, a kind of third sect. And found themselves in stuck between a rock and a hard place when the Crusades happened. With Crusaders on one side, and Sunnis and Shiites on the other. So they took to assassinating people they didn't get along with. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins

Thank you. All of my props with the exception of the jacket and pants were made by me. I'm well aware of who the Assassins (Hashâshīn) actually were. Did you ever play the first game? If you did, you'll realize that the assassins killed Templar and Saracens (Islamic forces) alike.

List of assassinated enemies, killed by Altair Ibn La-Ahad: Majd Addin (Saracen), Garnier de Naplouse (Templar), Jubair al Hakim (Saracen), Abu'l Nuqoud (Saracen), Sibrand (Templar), William of Montferrat (Templar), Robert de Sable (Templar) and finally Al Mualim (Head of the Assassin Order).

Thank you. All of my props with the exception of the jacket and pants were made by me. I'm well aware of who the Assassins (Hashâshīn) actually were. Did you ever play the first game? If you did, you'll realize that the assassins killed Templar and Saracens (Islamic forces) alike.

List of assassinated enemies, killed by Altair Ibn La-Ahad: Majd Addin (Saracen), Garnier de Naplouse (Templar), Jubair al Hakim (Saracen), Abu'l Nuqoud (Saracen), Sibrand (Templar), William of Montferrat (Templar), Robert de Sable (Templar) and finally Al Mualim (Head of the Assassin Order).

Yeah I tried to. I'm kind of an amateur historian, so it bugged me a bit to much:lol and I raised an eyebrow when they came out with Brotherhood, around the time that the Muslim Brotherhood was in the news every night.

Anywho back on topic before we get in trouble :D

Bravo.

BRAVO.jpg

Let me just say, I find it almost comical how worked up people get...over MOVIES! I get worked up if I screw up at work, if my transmission goes out, if my child has to be hospitalized, if my wife wants a divorce. This is just entertainment. Either you like it or you don't. Why are so many people getting heartburn over this? If you like a movie, great. If you didn't, move on. Sure, come on a forum and discuss, but why get so worked up to the point of saying hateful things to each other. Agree to disagree, shake hands, turn off your device and go play with your kids. In the grand scheme this simply doesn't matter!

Didnt you start a thread in the off topic section about how you went to an event Nichelle Nichols was speaking at to expose her in front of everyone at that event about what you saw as her lying for years about her and Shatner having the first interracial kiss on US television? That`s pretty worked up and extreme to me. There`s no one forcing you to read any of this and just what exactly do you see being said as hateful?

Let me just say, I find it almost comical how worked up people get...over MOVIES! I get worked up if I screw up at work, if my transmission goes out, if my child has to be hospitalized, if my wife wants a divorce. This is just entertainment. Either you like it or you don't. Why are so many people getting heartburn over this? If you like a movie, great. If you didn't, move on. Sure, come on a forum and discuss, but why get so worked up to the point of saying hateful things to each other. Agree to disagree, shake hands, turn off your device and go play with your kids. In the grand scheme this simply doesn't matter!

Well, when we go to the movies, to see a Star Wars movie in particular, we don't expect spend our $$$ and get the stain that is TLJ.

If I go to an artsy theatre to see something artsy, from a "visionary director" or some other crap, go ahead, bring it on! Star Wars used to be a steakhouse, now it's gone ovo lacto vegan, and the people who love it can't understand why the dead cow eaters aren't interested.
mcoractual Excellent! I really enjoyed how you have presented your case about as solidly as anyone could and you still get the runaround.

Last edited by a moderator:

Didnt you start a thread in the off topic section about how you went to an event Nichelle Nichols was speaking at to expose her in front of everyone at that event about what you saw as her lying for years about her and Shatner having the first interracial kiss on US television? That`s pretty worked up and extreme to me. There`s no one forcing you to read any of this and just what exactly do you see being said as hateful?

Ah, excellent question, and I can see why you're confused. Let me explain.
Ms. Nichols has been trying to change the course of television history by putting herself on the map when it clearly not true. Though it's not exactly a life changing issue, it bothers me when someone is trying to change history (albeit a small one) for the sake of their own vanity.
Of course no one is forcing me to read this thread. I'm just coming back for the sole reason of seeing if Ms. Kennedy is actually going to step down.
As far as the "hating" on this thread, I think the mods have cleaned that up, thus two members being banned.

Well, when we go to the movies, to see a Star Wars movie in particular, we don't expect spend our $$$ and get the stain that is TLJ.

If I go to an artsy theatre to see something artsy, from a "visionary director" or some other crap, go ahead, bring it on! Star Wars used to be a steakhouse, now it's gone ovo lacto vegan, and the people who love it can't understand why the dead cow eaters aren't interested.
@mcoractual Excellent! I really enjoyed how you have presented your case about as solidly as anyone could and you still get the runaround.

I won't turn my back on Star Wars. It maybe infested with the likes of the Yuuzhan Vong (KK & Krew), but as any good Jedi would do - I will fight them to the end. I stand for hope, justice, and the force. Thank you for the compliment. To quote Terry Goodkind's novels, The Sword of Truth:

Wizard's First Rule: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it?s true, or because they?re afraid it might be true. Peoples? heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
(Chapter 36, Page #397 ).

There are great wisdom in these words... and I feel like so many people have been programmed to accept what Star Wars has become as okay. That's what it is now is normal, that it "subverts our expectations." While the prequels and the original trilogy have their problems and flaws, they have stood the test of time (even more so with the OT). They tell a hero's journey from start to finish. The ST takes all that came before it and tosses it over it's shoulder. It tells us that our hero nearly committed murder, then going into self imposed exile and removing one's self from the plight of the galaxy is the way to go. Betraying all the values he stood for as a Jedi and a Rebel. That's cowardice. They turned our most beloved knight into a sniveling cowardly hermit. I feel beyond betrayed... I feel empty. Sad.

Wizard's Fifth Rule:
"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."
(Chapter 28, Page #205)

I don't trust what KK & Krew say. I watch their actions. They have shown their true colors. What has been said and done can't be taken back. Instead, they triple down on the narrative we are all horrible people for not enjoying their movie.

If you're not THREATENED BY WOMEN, I don't think he's talking about you. Nothing in that link suggests everyone who didn't like the movie is being called out, but a whole lot of sexists are.

People really struggle with this. JJ and RJ are clearly speaking to a specific subset. Just because one shares some opinions with their targets doesnt mean they are the target. Has no one ever seen a venn diagram or understood the concept of mutual exclusivity?

Here's an out of context example: The vast majority of serial killers are men.

Who just read that and assumed it means I am saying all men are serial killers? Cause that's not the statement. This is what I see constantly in fandom.

People really struggle with this. JJ and RJ are clearly speaking to a specific subset. Just because one shares some opinions with their targets doesnt mean they are the target. Has no one ever seen a venn diagram or understood the concept of mutual exclusivity?

Here's an out of context example: The vast majority of serial killers are men.

Who just read that and assumed it means I am saying all men are serial killers? Cause that's not the statement. This is what I see constantly in fandom.

I used to believe that. Until I saw the kinds of things that Rian and JJ would respond to or that they outright block people for expressing an opinion. When you can't have civil discussion with your fanbase (and that goes in both directions), something is fundamentally wrong. The fact so many Star Wars channels on YouTube (even ones who were passive at first) are speaking out adds credibility to why this movie sucked and it split the fandom in two (much like Anakin's lightsaber).

I can't speak for RJ or JJ, but I wrote a movie that got a lot of fan hate. It's really hard to put your all into something you're really proud of it, and then have its merit based on public opinion. You certainly can't expect everyone to love it, but when thousands of angey voices have a way of getting directly to you, I don't care who you are, it's hard. And the loudest voices are always the nastiest. At some point the negativity gets to you. Hell, I block about five people in this thread just because of their endless negativity. It's exhausting.

I can't speak for RJ or JJ, but I wrote a movie that got a lot of fan hate. It's really hard to put your all into something you're really proud of it, and then have its merit based on public opinion. You certainly can't expect everyone to love it, but when thousands of angey voices have a way of getting directly to you, I don't care who you are, it's hard. And the loudest voices are always the nastiest. At some point the negativity gets to you. Hell, I block about five people in this thread just because of their endless negativity. It's exhausting.

I certainly hope I haven't become one of those people. I call out both sides RJ/JJ/KK and the toxic fans both. My greatest goal is preservation for what Star Wars really is and not what it isn't. I don't advocate for threats against the people who make the movies, but I do advocate for calling them on things that need to be called out. I don't think I am toxic or unreasonable. I've never blocked (anyone) on the RPF, for any reason. I hope to never see the day I have to do that.

Ah, excellent question, and I can see why you're confused. Let me explain.
Ms. Nichols has been trying to change the course of television history by putting herself on the map when it clearly not true. Though it's not exactly a life changing issue, it bothers me when someone is trying to change history (albeit a small one) for the sake of their own vanity.
Of course no one is forcing me to read this thread. I'm just coming back for the sole reason of seeing if Ms. Kennedy is actually going to step down.
As far as the "hating" on this thread, I think the mods have cleaned that up, thus two members being banned.

A lot of people here and around the world think that what is being done to the people who dislike what Disney/LF/Kennedy/Johnson/employees/shill media outlets/other fans are doing to create a false narrative feel that history is being manipulated as well and confining those concerns purely to a fan forum is not necessarily being comical or over worked up. I guess the measure of that is a matter of perspective.

I certainly hope I haven't become one of those people. I call out both sides RJ/JJ/KK and the toxic fans both. My greatest goal is preservation for what Star Wars really is and not what it isn't. I don't advocate for threats against the people who make the movies, but I do advocate for calling them on things that need to be called out. I don't think I am toxic or unreasonable. I've never blocked (anyone) on the RPF, for any reason. I hope to never see the day I have to do that.

You have every right to voice your complaints as long as you do it within the forum rules and guidelines and from reading your recent posts you are far from toxic or unreasonable. Some continually complain about the people who they see as the loud and nasty to try and paint them in a convenient light but generally only posts that are removed by the mods can be seen as exactly that, all be it for a short time. I know your a new member and hopefully you wont have to block anyone but after youve been here for a while that reluctance is truly tested.

You have every right to voice your complaints as long as you do it within the forum rules and guidelines and from reading your recent posts you are far from toxic or unreasonable. Some continually complain about the people who they see as the loud and nasty to try and paint them in a convenient light but generally only posts that are removed by the mods can be seen as exactly that, all be it for a short time. I know your a new member and hopefully you wont have to block anyone but after youve been here for a while that reluctance is truly tested.

Thank you. I'm trying to be a voice in the world of Star Wars. I might open a second YouTube channel for that here very soon. Start doing my own videos.

Thank you. I'm trying to be a voice in the world of Star Wars. I might open a second YouTube channel for that here very soon. Start doing my own videos.

Excellent. The more voices there are out there countering the establishment the better.

ADDITION
And an extra bit of advice,if you find you have picked up an obsessed stalker, inform the mods straight away or they will hound you endlessly.

Last edited:

You don't seem toxic at all. You have issues, you say why. Negativity doesn't mean disliking something. If I blocked everyone who disagreed with me that would be boring. I block the people who make it their mission to hijack every topic or conversation so they can make the same singular point ocer and over. Oh, and the crazies. You have to block the crazies. Look for posts that seem like they are the equivilent of somebody on a street corner with a giant homemade sign and a tin foil hat, and avoid them!

As I said before, dislike Rey, you get called a sexist, dislike Finn, racist, it is the most intellectually lazy argument available.

If you dislike McDonalds they might as well claim you hate Scottish people.

It is a psychiatric defense mechanism, "projection." Where they accuse others of *their* issues.

As I said before, dislike Rey, you get called a sexist, dislike Finn, racist, it is the most intellectually lazy argument available.

If you dislike McDonalds they might as well claim you hate Scottish people.

It is a psychiatric defense mechanism, "projection." Where they accuse others of *their* issues.

I don't think it's necessarily even projection. It's just grasping for some excuse to brush off the negative feedback. Racism & bigotry work as well as anything. They are hot subjects these days.

I think I know where all this is coming from...

Back to Star Wars... give this video a watch. This is what Star Wars is for me, this is what I like best about the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back