ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

The Force Unleashed.

latest

karmajay

No worries, man. I took no offense. I don't get why we're supporting this company as a community. Their product may be good, but every other aspect of Anovos that I've seen is utter ****e. Didn't GotMaul and company (Anovos) start in these forums?

Last edited by a moderator:
@karmajay

No worries, man. I took no offense. I don't get why we're supporting this company as a community. Their product may be good, but every other aspect of Anovos that I've seen is utter ****e. Didn't GotMaul and company (Anovos) start in these forums?
What other current prop replica company is doing better?

The more recent Anovos products haven't had the issues with such long delays. They appear to be improving in that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Solo greeblies en route.....ETA this Saturday. Anovos is shipping Episode IV greeblies, Episode V greeblies and Episode VI. Thank you Anovos for going the extra mile, the extra time will be worth it I'm sure.

Saw that Anovos has told customers waiting on a TK kit that there will be a delay as they are making changes to the product. Specifically they're adding options to build either a hero or stunt, including bubble or strip lenses, and they've swapped the awful helmet rigging for something that actually works among other little tweaks. While obviously they're under no obligation, it sure would be nice if they offered those little upgrades to those of us that jumped on first, before there was even a product to look at. :unsure

Tools arrived...

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPGIMG_0488.JPGIMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPGIMG_0491.JPGIMG_0492.JPG

Seems well made. Not "it took 3 years to make these" well made, just well made.

As you can see that ever single piece has copyright screen printing (most likely legal necessity) but at least if you want to you could sand or repaint over it. The Anovos embossed text... didn't need it. The good thing is that these will be hidden for the most part but still. Just another :facepalm.

I'll probably opt to go with a fan provided green cylinder for my ANH setup, but the other pieces are very nicely detailed. FYI: there does not appear to be one piece of metal on these. Eve the little brass looking nut on top of the ANH boxes appear to be plastic.

So after almost 3 years and 4 different shipments (Rig, droid caller, correct ROTJ buckle, and tools) this order is finally complete. Product wise, I feel as if I got a good deal. The amount of parts along with the ability to switch to different versions of the rig plus the ability to adjust sizing using snaps makes this a great buy. I feel you can get better quality fan made belts but you'll pay a lot more plus getting the extra parts to complete will run up the price as well. However if you factor in mental anguish due to inept business practices, this product was not worth it.

As I said in my review when I got the rig, I will purchase from again if items are in stock and/or if they get a better reputation for delivering on or around advertised ETAs.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the wait time hasn't been bad for the more recent products. It will be interesting to see how more complex products like the Kylo Ren costumes go. The Rogue One helmets have been great. I'd be surprised if there are additional items that take multiple years to deliver.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Just received an email update, my TIE Pilot and AT-AT pilot costumes will be shipped between April 3rd and April 10th.:)

Too bad I'm out of the country till July, and won't see them till then. They'll be shipped to my sister, so I'll ask if she can take some pics.

Saw that Anovos has told customers waiting on a TK kit that there will be a delay as they are making changes to the product. Specifically they're adding options to build either a hero or stunt, including bubble or strip lenses, and they've swapped the awful helmet rigging for something that actually works among other little tweaks. While obviously they're under no obligation, it sure would be nice if they offered those little upgrades to those of us that jumped on first, before there was even a product to look at. :unsure

Interesting...

Where did you read this?
I'd like to do an ESB version someday.

I received an email about the OT ST helmet kit with the info about the additional hero lenses and helmet pads. I have no idea if this applies to the assembled helmets or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Guess I'm going to have to talk to the live chat people again tomorrow. I ordered a Kylo Ren helmet back when the second round of preorders went up, and did a payment plan with last payment in January. Didn't get any notice to pay for shipping until I talked to them on live chat weeks ago, and since I've paid for shipping, nothing has shipped.

Beginning to think that they didn't keep a helmet for me from that batch... :facepalm At this point nothing in this hobby surprises me. :thumbsdown

As far as I know, the wait time hasn't been bad for the more recent products. It will be interesting to see how more complex products like the Kylo Ren costumes go. The Rogue One helmets have been great. I'd be surprised if there are additional items that take multiple years to deliver.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I can appreciate that Anovos' latest products have been delivered in a more timely manner, however this is not the business of most improved delivery time. Is the fact that other products have been delivered on time, discount my personal experience of waiting 2 years for a stormtrooper helmet kit, or the experience of others waiting 3 years to complete the Solo belt order? It is great that some have had very positive experiences but for the people who have been waiting and continue to wait, those frustrations are real and go largely unaddressed, both by Anovos itself, by failing to address those concerns in a real way and moving the delivery window quarter after quarter, and comments such as this which discount people's experience.

If this company happened to operate in any other market, this model would not be received nearly as well. Fortunately for them, they have a decent product, when it arrives, and people are willing to wait, but that does not make the customer experience any better or the frustration any less legitimate. Complaining does not make the items arrive any faster and neither does making excuses, Anovos should be held to a standard similar to any other business and from my perspective, this is simply not the case. I and others have had, with out a doubt a poor experience and this is simply unacceptable.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back