I WILL Finish this prop or ELSE!

KrangPrime

Master Member
What do you have sitting around that, for one reason or another, JUST isn't getting finished?

For me, it's a simple matter of not knowing HOW to do it PROPERLY.

GEOFF Peterson's test head never got finished. I couldn't figure out how to get the top metal part of the mowhawk down FLAT rather than jagged.
I also never got around to test motorizing his mouth, despite finding a tutorial online.
And Funds never got grounded enough to order his full skeleton and a podium that kind of looked like the one on the LLS.

14469639_10154425474965211_3605342808181937939_n.jpg

C3P0. The Pipe System NEVER worked out. I wanted to try and find a manaquin for him for him to use, but the problem in getting them to fit would be the chest plate and the head. supposedly they are out there, but i never found one that was confirmed to fit.

14522914_10154425474970211_3100308144503272366_n.jpg

Anovos storm trooper. I'm not sure how to trim the remaining section of cut away armor pieces. I'm afraid to dremel it away on low power and i want to get this done before i try to finally assemble
14502744_10154425475005211_6451409971524352967_n.jpg
it.

Dremel should be fine. The plastic will melt and bunch up but you just snap it off a few seconds after it cools enough to touch.

For me,that would be my first costume ~ PERIOD.

I started with Iron Man files to create a main body for my Marvel character (thank you,JfCustom!) ,but the incoherent parts felt like a compromise from the start.Nevertheless I carried on because,well,it was what I had at the time really and I wanted to get started.
Just recently I found and downloaded a Deadpool (game) figure .obj file from Onekura.com I believe and that was a shot-in-a-million for me...it was the file that I have been looking for from the start: just plain anatomy to use for the main body of my costume.
After a week or so unfolding it,picking it apart and dividing it into segments/limbs,I now have the musclesuit that I wanted,printed and cut into paper strips.Tomorrow I will start cutting my foam.

Long story short: no compromises for me anymore,and certainly no deadline.You want to do something good,take your time.

I've got two helmet kits sitting around waiting to be finished. A MK. Something (42? 45?) Iron Man and a Star Lord kit both from TheRocketeer.

They aren't getting finished because I just don't have the time to fix them. The IM had a small crack and I had to get all the pieces together which was easy enough.. It's sitting all together waiting for some small Bondo and sanding..

The Star-Lord is a different story.. I was getting ready to finish it, but my stupid self put it on the couch. Coming home from a tiring day at work, and plopped down on the couch.. CRACK! Split into about 10 pieces. It's all glued back together but I've got to reinforce the back and fix some thin spots. I'm really not a huge fan of ceremic backing as I think it makes the resin helmets much too brittle and the fact that my fat ass fell on it certainly didn't help. :lol

Last edited:
Try Dremel bit 117 to cut plastic. In my experience it works better for cutting plastic than several of the other Dremel high speed cutters. I have tried 118, 125, 194 and 196. Bit 199 works good on straight line cuts. 117 will melt plastic but seems to make more swarf instead of a spinning molten chunk. Be careful with it as it will bite deep if you press too hard. Test it out on a piece of scarp until you get a feel for it. I use it mainly on styrene but it works well on resin too.

204947bb-c27c-49d0-b2bb-67a593231090.png._CB308887748_.png

There's a pretty great video on Tested that has some awesome tips from Frank Ippolito (Another RPFer) on assembling an Anovos Shadowtrooper kit. The good stuff starts at 6:45. Hope this helps and good luck!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OFbBs9M0cqw[/video]

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back